Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    In addition to all that, also you only start with 28 points, so you can not customize your stats as much because of the int/dex/cha bonuses being set. You often end up with the equivalent of wasted stat points
    28 for first life, 30 second, 32 on legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by insanelyegotistical View Post
    i look for a challenge..

half orc i would create a sorcerer
    A non-shiradi sorcerer is a challenge. A Half orc sorcerer is gimping a challenge.

Community Member

You would the drow make one of the best dex based ninja spy monks. Everything in their racial tree synergies with ninja spy. If only venom blade worked.. I'd probably try one.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

IMO the best class for all races is Wizard or Sorcerer because they kill things better than any other class and even if your arcane is Half Orc it is still an arcane.

But if you are asking what class gels the best with each race then I'd say

Human - Fvs/Cleric
    Dwarf - Fighter
    Elf - Ranger
    Halfling - Rogue
    Helf - Fvs/Cleric
    Horc - Barbarian
    WF - Artificer

Halfling - Monk, Rogue, Cleric
    Human - Any
    Dwarf - Fighter, Paladin, Barbarian, Melee Arti, Melee Divine
    Elf - Ranger, Spell Pen Caster, Druid
    Warforged - Sorc, Arti, Wizard
    Half Elf - Any
    Horc - Barb, Fighter, Monk, Cleric, any Melee toon
    Drow - DC Arcane, TWF Bard (multiclass with rogue or ranger), TWF Paladin, Arti
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I'll just add a couple that I like.

I prefer (female) Dragonmarked, Elf Rgrs.
    They may not be the best, but they look great and are fun to play IMO.
    Ranged combat and Evasion with high Ref save (and Displacement DM) makes up for Con penalty IMO.

I have enjoyed my Drow Wizard, shadowmage pale master.

But where Drow really shine IMO, is Rogue Assassins.
    Rogue assassins benefit from Dex, Int and Cha. They also should be avoiding agro so they can get SA damage..
    That and Improved Evasion means they feel the Con penalty less.
    Rapier and Short Sword is a great TWF combo for Rogues.

While not exactly my style, I see great synergy from a Dragonmarked Halfling Rgr, DWS.

One obvious choice is a WF Wizard.
    (I personally disagree with WF for classes that rely on Cha, but obviously many people make them work very good as well.)

And I will add that although I cannot say what class is best for a Half Elf, the Cleric Dillie feat is awesome. (I think Rgrs and especially Ftrs get the most benefit from it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Picking just one class for each race...

Dwarf- Fighter.
    Drow- Sorcerer.
    Elf- Ranger.
    Halfling- Rogue.
    Human- Cleric.
    Warforged- Artificer.
    Half-Orc- Barbarian.

Of course, depending on your build, any race is viable as long as it doesn't reduce your main stat.

Quote Originally Posted by thouston07 View Post
    Picking just one class for each race...

Dwarf- Fighter.
    Drow- Sorcerer.
    Elf- Ranger.
    Halfling- Rogue.
    Human- Cleric.
    Warforged- Artificer.
    Half-Orc- Barbarian.

Of course, depending on your build, any race is viable as long as it doesn't reduce your main stat.
    This is a pretty tight list.

I might switch drow from sorc to wizard if only because drow can get +1 enchantment DC, which feels more wizard-y.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    This is a pretty tight list.

I might switch drow from sorc to wizard if only because drow can get +1 enchantment DC, which feels more wizard-y.
    If you're playing a wizard, I'd highly recommend elf. You can get the same bonus to your enchanment DC (which I agree is pretty awesome, my TR wizard is gonna be an archmange enchantment spec) but elves have Arcanum, which is an extra 75 sp. I picked Sorcerer for Drow just because they get so freaking much of it they can ignore 75 in favor of +1 to all DCs.

Quote Originally Posted by thouston07 View Post
    If you're playing a wizard, I'd highly recommend elf. You can get the same bonus to your enchanment DC (which I agree is pretty awesome, my TR wizard is gonna be an archmange enchantment spec) but elves have Arcanum, which is an extra 75 sp. I picked Sorcerer for Drow just because they get so freaking much of it they can ignore 75 in favor of +1 to all DCs.
    Wizards are more about DCs, and drow get +4 int over an elf. +4 int is huge for a wizard.

The absolute BEST race for wizards, bar none, will be morninglord, though. They get the same +4 int as drow, plus the same arcanum line of the elves. Best of all worlds. You may need to burn a LR+1 heart to remove the first cleric level, though.

I didn't realize Drow could pick int in the enhancement tree. That...changes things a bit.

The absolute BEST race for wizards, bar none, will be morninglord, though. They get the same +4 int as drow, plus the same arcanum line of the elves. Best of all worlds. You may need to burn a LR+1 heart to remove the first cleric level, though.
    Plus, they have 32-36 pts to spend instead of drow's 28-32.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

• Dwarf - Cleric, FvS or Wizard
    • Elf - Wizard
    • Half-Elf - Wizard
    • Drow - Wizard
    • Halfling - Wizard
    • Human - Wizard, FvS or Cleric
    • Half-Orc - Cleric
    • Warforged - Sorcerer or Wizard

Seems like a pretty straightforward list if you're just looking to run to 20 and then TR. The best race for each class is more complicated.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~sonofzeal View Post
    I want to go Completionist.

I also want to play each race at least once in the process.

This is a problem. I have a strong tendency towards certain races (Halflings, Dwarves) and away from others (all three Elf variants). Still, I want the variety, and I want to pick them up eventually. This is not about what the best race for each class is, but the reverse. There may be a race that makes a better Artificer than Warforged, but likely no class that's so excellent for Warforged as Artificer. What do you guys recommend as the best CLASS for each RACE?

• Dwarf
    • Elf
    • Half-Elf
    • Drow
    • Halfling
    • Human
    • Half-Orc
    • Warforged
    i can highly recommend a female halfling barbarian. their squeak when they fly into a rage is almost as funny as the doublebarreled kobolds. sure they might be a little short on STR, but who cares when you have that funny squeak to listen to?
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Since I don't have access to them, and know little about them, this list will not include Iconic Races.

Artificer: Warforged > Others
    Barbarian: Human > Half-orc = Dwarf > Half-Elf > Others
    Bard: Human > Others
    Cleric: Human >>> Others
    Druid: Human > Half-Orc = Half-Elf > Others
    Favored Soul: Human >>> Others
    Fighter: Human > Half-orc = Dwarf > Half-Elf > Others
    Monk: Human >> Half-Orc = Dwarf = Half-Elf > Halfling > Others
    Paladin: Human >>> Drow > Others
    Ranger: Human > Others
    Rogue: Human = Halfling > Half-Orc = Dwarf = Drow > Others
    Sorcerer: Warforged >>>>> Others
    Wizard: Human >= Warforged > Elf = Drow > Others

Casters love that bonus feat from humans. Melee loves that heal amp and many classes need the feat. Artificers, Sorcerers and Wizards all like Warforged due to the Reconstruct spell, which makes them self reliant from traditional healers. In the case of Sorcerer, you should probably NEVER play a non Warforged Sorcerer unless. Wizard prefers human due to the Pale Master line being so useful, but Warforged is close enough in terms of power.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Orc: any melee character: ftr, pal, monk, ranger, bard, barb, any mutliclass combo that melees
    Elf: fighter with bow, kensai with elf AA tree
    1/2 elf: hard choice, they're good at many things, but they're so ugly...
    human: any hardcore mutliclass build relying on extra feats and healing amp
    hobbit: IDK, thief? thrower? cook?
    drow: any cha or int based class: wiz, sorc, arti, CC bard
    WF: wiz, sorc, art
    dwarf: Excels as member of each class. The true master race of DDO, nothing can match them!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by insanelyegotistical View Post
    Im an odd ball sometimes when making a character because i look for a challenge..

half orc i would create a sorcerer
    Eldrich Knight, and suddenly half orc is good race for sorc and wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Varashad View Post
    Since I don't have access to them, and know little about them, this list will not include Iconic Races.

Artificer: Warforged > Others
    Barbarian: Human > Half-orc = Dwarf > Half-Elf > Others
    Bard: Human > Others
    Cleric: Human >>> Others
    Druid: Human > Half-Orc = Half-Elf > Others
    Favored Soul: Human >>> Others
    Fighter: Human > Half-orc = Dwarf > Half-Elf > Others
    Monk: Human >> Half-Orc = Dwarf = Half-Elf > Halfling > Others
    Paladin: Human >>> Drow > Others
    Ranger: Human > Others
    Rogue: Human = Halfling > Half-Orc = Dwarf = Drow > Others
    Sorcerer: Warforged >>>>> Others
    Wizard: Human >= Warforged > Elf = Drow > Others

Casters love that bonus feat from humans. Melee loves that heal amp and many classes need the feat. Artificers, Sorcerers and Wizards all like Warforged due to the Reconstruct spell, which makes them self reliant from traditional healers. In the case of Sorcerer, you should probably NEVER play a non Warforged Sorcerer unless. Wizard prefers human due to the Pale Master line being so useful, but Warforged is close enough in terms of power.
    This is backwards. The best race for each class is a different question than the best class for each race.

Community Member

This is backwards. The best race for each class is a different question than the best class for each race.
    It is backwards, but the it illustrates why I can't give much input on this topic.
    For any melee, I'd always go human. Yes, solely for the healing amp. It's that good. The bonus feat and skill point are gravy, and those alone are also better than most things races get.
    Humans are light years ahead for all melee classes. Artificers, I'd go wf or bladeforged if one has it. Wizard can go sun elf, human, toaster (archmage), or drow if one doesn't own sun elf or want to waste a LR +1 heart. Sorc, I prefer bladeforged, but yeah, drow an human again have a claim. Really, divine casters probably have the most flexibility because of interesting things you can do with favored deity weapons.

Currently, humans are just overpowered and except for certain mechanics in the game (arcanes with reconstruct, etc) are the best.

I suppose bladeforged melee with the reconstruct SLA would also be interesting. That might be a gamechanger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12