Default Need some help finding specific loot please...

Regarding chest level:
    Will all chests in a level 7 quest be level 7 chests?
    Does it matter if it's a level base 5 quest being run on elite (thus becoming level 7)?
    Is there any other related/pertinent info I should know?

Here's why I'm asking:
    I'm looking for any triple augment (red/orange/purple) one handed weapons (so adamantine knuckles are out) of all level ranges. The lowest level one I'm aware of is the Luck Blade (min level 8), which (aside from Garamols chest) only drops in level 7 chests (according to the wikki). Only other weapon I know of is the epic Mountains Fist.

Any info regarding determination of chest level & (one handed!) triple augment weapons would be greatly appreciated!
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Regarding chest level:
    Will all chests in a level 7 quest be level 7 chests?
    Does it matter if it's a level base 5 quest being run on elite (thus becoming level 7)?
    Is there any other related/pertinent info I should know?

Here's why I'm asking:
    I'm looking for any triple augment (red/orange/purple) one handed weapons (so adamantine knuckles are out) of all level ranges. The lowest level one I'm aware of is the Luck Blade (min level 8), which (aside from Garamols chest) only drops in level 7 chests (according to the wikki). Only other weapon I know of is the epic Mountains Fist.

Any info regarding determination of chest level & (one handed!) triple augment weapons would be greatly appreciated!
    I'd say if you're farming level 7 quests, it's 99% likely you will be looting level 7 chests. There are some on higher quest levels that are rumored to be higher than standard like the optional spider chest in Dust or the side chest in epic VoN 6. The side chest in DQ2 is most definitely lower than standard for that quest level. As a bit of an anecdotal add on, I always find the chests in Tear of Dhakaan seem to be a level higher than they should be, or else I've had some random good luck with them in the past pulling items with too high a min level to even use.

Community Member

Quest level does not guarantee chest level. My experience is that it is normally under the level of the quest by one or two. (and some quests have purposely lower and higher valued chests. DD solo end chests are purposley lower, and the Ink abashi in Party Crashers are intentionally higher)
    Loot gems will add their bonus to chest lvl, as will the mark of finding (they stack)

The two you listed are the only ones that have tripple augments like that that I can think of. (The wiki hasn't updated the luckblade yet.)

The Threnalian War Blade has a red and purple, and the Dagger version has a red and orange.
    Twinblade has an orange and purple.

Maybe one of those will work for you in the time being?

I use this when searching for gear.
    http://itemwiki.cubicleninja.com/Default.aspx