Hybrid View

Default New Player. All threads in New Player Thread Listing coming with "404" errors.

All the threads on this page are coming up with "404" errors.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...New-Players***

Any insights or advice?

Thanks
    Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader.

Community Member

Default working.

Your link is working fine for me, try checking your browser and deleting your cookies just in case you have some from the old forums interfering with the new forums, they did change the forum addresses, so there could slightly possibly be a conflict in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

You tried the links on the page I linked?

The thread I linked has a listing of threads for new players. The threads on that page are all coming up with "404" errors.

Hope that clarifies.
    Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 19kilos View Post
    You tried the links on the page I linked?

The thread I linked has a listing of threads for new players. The threads on that page are all coming up with "404" errors.

Hope that clarifies.
    Oh, no I did not, I only tried the first link, I misunderstood, I will try them now for you and get back to you.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Ok, I know what is up, the old forums used to be forums.ddo.com/blah blah blah.

The way to make them work is to change the address to ddo.com/forums/blah blah blah.

Basically, change the dot forums to slash forums in the address bar. I will locate Tolero's post explaining it for you and link it.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 05-09-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Community Member

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes we are looking into this as well. We had redirects in place but it appears it's not catching all of it. When in doubt any URL that used to read forums.ddo.com/blahblahblah should work by changing it to www.ddo.com/forums/blahblahblah since all the thread ID numbers stayed the same.

We are aware of particular DDO.com based articles that still need to be moved over, so we're working through those *after* we get user accounts, style, and logout issues buttoned up.

Hope this helps you out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 19kilos View Post
    All the threads on this page are coming up with "404" errors.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...New-Players***

Any insights or advice?

Thanks
    It's the haunting of the dev formerly known as 404error striking back at the forums for which he used to work.