Default Devs, how about fixing INVISIBILITY?

It's been more than two months.

You know that it's broken and you know why it is broken. So fix it already, I'm getting tired of Red Alerts while I'm invis-zerging.

XO, Darth

I think you'll eventually get accustomed to the phrase "Working as Intented".

Carry on

~ Gaeryus (Sorc18/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (13Mnk/7Rog)(L5) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal18/Mnk2)(L2) Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1) Flamebeard ~
    Captain of the Flying Fock ~ ~ Nothing Personal ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs™

Invis was not touched. The monsters can now HEAR. Try running and jumping while invis to pull less aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    Invis was not touched. The monsters can now HEAR. Try running and jumping while invis to pull less aggro
    Then they should make Shadow Walk grant a substantial bonus to Move Silently.

Just what i was saying. Invisibility in its most basic form was like a +20 (or was it 40) to hide skill... (IIRC PnP 3.0???) - however, monsters and characters were free to hear, observe, feel, touch etc (what was that feat....)

As far as shadowwalk - interesting; but move silently is as important as hide when sneaking. Invisibility is just a better form of hiding in shadows.

Yes, I do miss the not WAI version of Invis - but have learned to work with it.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

They could always hear.

Now they hear AND gain instant knowlege that what they heard was an invisible intruder.

Also now invisible intruders are ALL that they hear... which breaks a whole lot of other stuff.

This needs a fix... bad.
    Not for the reasons people keep asking though.....
    Last edited by Talon_Moonshadow; 05-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    They could always hear.

Also now invisible intruders are ALL that they hear... which breaks a whole lot of other stuff.

This needs a fix... bad.
    Not for the reasons people keep asking though.....
    It's a rare moment when we agree, but this is one of 'em

I think it's absolutely hilarious that if I invisibly run by a group of sleeping hobgoblins in Redwillows Ruins, they all wake up, agro on me and never loose track of where I am. However, if I'm visible I can run up to the same group of sleeping hobgoblins and beat them down one at a time, never waking any of them except the one I'm beating on... Yah, I'm sure that's working as intended...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 05-08-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    It's a rare moment when we agree, bit this is one of 'em

I think it's absolutely hilarious that if I invisibly run by a group of sleeping hobgoblins in Redwillows Ruins, they all wake up, agro on me and never loose track of where I am. However, if I'm visible I can run up to the same group of sleeping hobgoblins and beat them down one at a time, never waking any of them except the one I'm beating on... Yah, I'm sure that's working as intended...
    You can do that in trial by fire as well with a full masters blitz going, it's pretty bad.

Community Member

Mobs have always been able to hear invisible players, but they did not gain instant knowledge of where the player was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmvm0M1wEZA skip to 1:40

Unless you can jump really long distances, jumping won't help much. It only takes a single footstep for mobs to always know where you always are, everywhere.
    Playing since June 2010

Community Member

I think the DM is telling you "I don't care what you rolled they still see you"

How about the fix the majority of broken **** before implementing anything else?

There was the idea... make everything epic so they can go in and fix everything and breathe new life into pax that dont get purchased (3BC comes to mind). Perfect way to do it. Low cost since they dont have to redesign much of anything, less time programming since the dont have to have some one or a team going over miles of spaghetti code to find the problem. Win for Turbine, Win for us.

But nooooooo. They think the way to go is by screwing up the enhancement system, giving us lv 28 with little to nothing in the way of content that would be challenging, breaking more stuff with every new thing, update and *fix*. It's time for Turbine to rethink it's strategy.

And while Im not happy with a lot of the new stuff for various reasons, I could live with it more readily if it worked right. Seriously guys... get it together before you turn this game into one of the garbage games like WoW or EQ

Community Member

Cool Ray, it's finally working!

Quote Originally Posted by D4rth View Post
    It's been more than two months.

You know that it's broken and you know why it is broken. So fix it already, I'm getting tired of Red Alerts while I'm invis-zerging.

XO, Darth
    Try sneaking while under invis. Then wander right up to the monster and blow a raspberry in its face.

Signed,

any one of those toons who actually use Move Silently.
    www.LegendsGuild.eu - on Thelanis
    Brunhildha (Stroppy healer); Niwareka (Sneaky Ranger); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk); Juss (Hitty Healer); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy)

Community Member

So can anyone summarize how invisibility works now?

I have noticed the "I hear you" so I know where you are forever and will follow from here to Paris and back, but:

1. If I were sneaking and invisible would they still know where I was?
    2. Would I be better off just sneaking without invisibility on?

Or to put it more succinctly, under what circumstances is it advantageous to use invisibility as it currently works?

The only thing I can think of is you want to "stealth" somewhere that requires you to jump.

Maybe it's time for the spell Silence 15' Radius to be introduced.

Community Member

I think GH is where we all noticed this first, but it may be coincidence since the new epic levels were released.

In any case I am leveling up a rogue, and at level in GH plain invis alone does not seem to work very well (I have move silently). SO even though I have move silently and am invis (presumably they cannot hear or see me) I am found. However if I sneak up without invis I can do so successfully about 80% of the time (One giant type, the storm caster I think always knows I'm there no matter what). This could be because maybe I need to toss on a piece of MS and Hide gear, but I'm too lazy.

So maybe the issue is that Move Silently does not engage, or rather work at all I guess, unless you are also using hide. In my mind I always thought it was a passive trait so if I was otherwise not able to be seen (hiding in shadows, shadow walk, invis, etc) then they shouldn't hear me. In fact even if they can SEE me they shouldn't be able to hear me if my MS is high enough. At least that's how I thought it was supposed to work.

Community Member

As the way invisibility currently works, it breaks the claw of vulkoor quest.

One of the opts of not being detected by guardian scorpions is impossible to do because they do not properly react to sound. Try throwing something near them pre u17 and they would have investigated the sound moving from their positions, now they just stand in their spots not reacting to anything and some of the scorps even stand right on top of the pads, its just impossible to complete the obj.

I would say this is not working as intended..

Community Member

Default Sneaky stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh_Lint View Post
    So can anyone summarize how invisibility works now?

I have noticed the "I hear you" so I know where you are forever and will follow from here to Paris and back, but:

1. If I were sneaking and invisible would they still know where I was?
    2. Would I be better off just sneaking without invisibility on?

Or to put it more succinctly, under what circumstances is it advantageous to use invisibility as it currently works?

The only thing I can think of is you want to "stealth" somewhere that requires you to jump.
    Niwareka is running round Heroic GH now, at L15. She has good Move Silently but rubbish Hide. What I have found is:

1. Casting Invis (clickie) and normal running gets her spotted and aggroed.
    2. Sneaking without Invis gets her spotted and aggroed. (Presumably if her Hide was good enough she would be all right)
    3. Casting Invis and Sneaking makes her like the invisible man - she can slip right up to any mob, even high Wis Giants. ( I presume that the Ivis takes care of the Spot and her good Move Silently takes care of the Hear)

So what you can't do is Invis and Zerg, which I guess was the whole point of the change in the first place. However, if you don't mind putting points in Move Silently, using Move Silently gear, and being in Sneak, you can go anywhere with no aggro. As she also has Faster Sneak from the Rogue levels, it's actually a perfectly usable way of getting from one side of the map to the other with zero aggro.

*Edit* Except for the cats. For some reasons, they run to where she was about a minute after she passed there, although much too late to catch her. Maybe they have a good sense of smell?
    Last edited by Brunhildha; 05-10-2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Brunhildha (Stroppy healer); Niwareka (Sneaky Ranger); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk); Juss (Hitty Healer); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan View Post
    I think GH is where we all noticed this first, but it may be coincidence since the new epic levels were released.

In any case I am leveling up a rogue, and at level in GH plain invis alone does not seem to work very well (I have move silently). SO even though I have move silently and am invis (presumably they cannot hear or see me) I am found. However if I sneak up without invis I can do so successfully about 80% of the time (One giant type, the storm caster I think always knows I'm there no matter what). This could be because maybe I need to toss on a piece of MS and Hide gear, but I'm too lazy.

So maybe the issue is that Move Silently does not engage, or rather work at all I guess, unless you are also using hide. In my mind I always thought it was a passive trait so if I was otherwise not able to be seen (hiding in shadows, shadow walk, invis, etc) then they shouldn't hear me. In fact even if they can SEE me they shouldn't be able to hear me if my MS is high enough. At least that's how I thought it was supposed to work.
    I am certain that the Sneak animation activates both Hide and Move Silently, so that your high MS is of no use unless you are Sneaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunhildha View Post
    I am certain that the Sneak animation activates both Hide and Move Silently, so that your high MS is of no use unless you are Sneaking.
    Yes ma'am, that is correct
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow