Community Member

Default Look for yourselves.

I suggest all of you on these here fine Turbine forums wondering where the Dev's went to take a look at: http://forums.lotro.com/turbine_trac...p?tracker=devT

Just check out the number and dates and times of the devs on the other game site.

Of course, we all knew we were the red-headed stepchild anymore, but I am stupified by the lack of communication, not to mention the fact they are still using the forums.lotro.com for their website, while we were given this wonderful new ddo.com/forums one.

Please forgive me for being beechy about it, but one would think an "upgrade" of this size/magnitude would be most important to give to the game that apparently brings the $$$ in first.........................Oh, wait, I get it. We are the Beta testers for these changes.

My tinfoil hat/cynicism isn't that noticeable is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Default Crickey....

I mean, 17 dev posts in one day. Who do I have to flick around here to get just 5?
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

"... And now the players council." -Sapience (Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon)

from the 'If not via Forum Consensus, how do we effect change in-game?' post.

when will we get a 'player council'?
    Last edited by DirtyThirtyOne; 05-10-2013 at 02:35 AM.
    Bleargh!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyThirtyOne View Post
    When DDO's player base is not a small fraction of LotRO's. In other words, never. DDO is a very niche game. It does something quite different than other MMOs. This is what the people who play it love about it. But it also means that it will not get the same kind of attention as more mainstream, more successful titles.

"...

Eerm.... hopefully never?
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Community Member

Default Move on, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    I suggest all of you on these here fine Turbine forums wondering where the Dev's went to take a look at: http://forums.lotro.com/turbine_trac...p?tracker=devT
    Bleh. I was expecting to see DDO developers posting there, but didn't see any. I recognized a customer service rep and a community manager (*wave*). Beyond that, it was largely a lot of posts by the community team.

Move on, nothing to see here.

But I agree on the ddo.com/forums bit, especially since the redirection from Google searches is borked (they go to ddo.com/en).
    Brotherhood of the Wolf, Cannith

As soon as they figure out how to charge admission
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

"... And now the players council." -Sapience (Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon)

from the 'If not via Forum Consensus, how do we effect change in-game?' post.

As soon as the players create one?

Seriously that is not something a game company is going to be motivated to do. It's not something even all players are going to be motivated to go along with.

Community Member

DDO = Serious leadership issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    Eerm.... hopefully never?
    Agreed.

Knowing Turbine they will pick the worst possible people for such a council and if it's anything like Mournlands it'll consist only of sycophants who won't challenge them.

We're better off without, nerdrage/torches/pitchforks are good enough.

Community Member

Default Yesterday.

Originally Posted by Sapience
    It's a very interesting tale of two communities. DDO and LOTRO added reputation at the same time. For DDO the community mostly used it as intended and they are keeping the system.
    Here, not so much. It is heavily abused, misused, and a popular griefing tool (rep up your friends so you get enough rep to neg rep peope who disagree or you don't like).

Tolero and I talk often about the dramatically different outcomes and use. Especially as the results were almost perfectly opposite of what we expected.

**This is the very first comment in their dev tracker, posted yesterday, Oh how they lie over there.**

Some where between here and forgetting all together

Also note that Lotro is getting the same forums we are soon enough.

They already announced that.
    " All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage." -Sherlock

Thelanis Server -Kwei Li, Morrgane, Scatach Una, Aislen, Crowker of the Black Company, Vespir, Nigella of the Mist, Faolan, Sanpaku, Craevin

Quote Originally Posted by KweiLi View Post

I will pray for them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KweiLi View Post

Pushed back until mid/late June I believe they said. Apparently they want to be sure it works before they 'upgrade' them.

Can't say I'm at all surprised.
    The Player/Dev relationship in DDO has seemed very co-dependent and more then a little Stockholm Syndromie since '08 ro so.

If we love the game enough, maybe they'll change.