Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe-8164 View Post
    ... greensteel is not as useful at cap anymore...
    hmm... A curious statement. While I can agree the old standard of Min2 (45hp/hvy fort/prot+5) is outdated as a cap beyond use as a stoneskin clicky; a Smoke item still fits nicely in my set up In addition to the permablur & displace clicky, I give it +10 hp & +150 sp (or all 45 HP on my monk).
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I love the false argument presented by some people that low-HP isn't a bad thing.

You sacrifice NOTHING in this game building for reasonable HP. 14-16 starting CON, basic items, done. You almost have to try to build a low HP toon.

yeah, putting all level-ups into CON and all feats Toughness is a dumb but so is thinking your sub-300 HP toon belongs in elite Amrath.
    You know the OP was talking about L9 quests and not Amrath right?
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    ...While I can agree the old standard of Min2 (45hp/hvy fort/prot+5) is outdated...
    I never said any such thing. I said it wasn't AS useful, I didn't say it wasn't useful and I certainly didn't say it was outdated. It wouldn't be outdated even if it was completely USELESS at cap, because no other items in the game provide anywhere near the stat bonuses that greensteel does at such an early minimum level.

All but one of my capped characters has a greensteel accessory (and the only characdter I have ever TR'd is my cleric). Because greensteel is crafted, its where I put necessary item attributes that didn't fit in with the other epic gear. Only rarely does this involve HP bonuses (and usually just +10 if it does). More likely it is greater fire resistance, deathblock, fear immunity, or charisma skills (for UMD, +6) combined with 150 spell points. That's because those are things that actually provide increased survivability, which is what the noobs don't understand.

I can count the damage sources that do more than 400 damage to a player character in a single strike on one hand, and the one-shot abilities put in this game are FAR in excess of what they should be. Games like this have ALWAYS been about either avoiding damage in the first place, or healing. Unfortunately, the developers have decided it should mostly be the latter. That doesn't mean, however, that you need a big hit point pool (that will just make your team fail)...

...it means you need to be able to HEAL.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe-8164 View Post
    I can count the damage sources that do more than 400 damage to a player character in a single strike on one hand
    hrm.... We seem to be playing entirely different games.

Because TR = Con being a dump stat since they're so awesome now and have such kewl gear that they no longer need the extra HP

Community Member

Answer to the OP's question: because some people give tiny rats ass about hp and can complete quests without floaties.

Community Member

Since I'm on like my 30th life I enjoy a challenge when I play my alts, I try different things. I have done dump stat con melee rogues, I have done the HP heavy barbs.
    For me having low hp adds a bit of challenge especially when I also dump AC, not like that even means anything anymore.
    Nothing is more fun then bringing a melee alt into epic elite with 220 HP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234