Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Shadowfell

  1. #1
    Hero DemonStorm333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Half way to hell
    Posts
    420

    Default Shadowfell

    OK Dumb question but devs can you drop any hints as to when the preorders will be out for shadowfell or atlesast and inside look at the collectors edition(s)
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    OK Dumb question but devs can you drop any hints as to when the preorders will be out for shadowfell or atlesast and inside look at the collectors edition(s)

    I would be severely disappointed if they offered a collectors edition. Everything I have read about Shadowfell shows it will not be as "big" as the menace expansion at all, so it to me wouldn't warrant a "collectors edition", but hey if something is motivated by money, I'm sure we will see a collectors edition even if it is just another "update".

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usernameanon View Post
    I would be severely disappointed if they offered a collectors edition. Everything I have read about Shadowfell shows it will not be as "big" as the menace expansion at all, so it to me wouldn't warrant a "collectors edition", but hey if something is motivated by money, I'm sure we will see a collectors edition even if it is just another "update".
    LOL... really? You'd be disappointed that Turbine would offer people a collector's edition just because you don't think you'd want one?

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    LOL... really? You'd be disappointed that Turbine would offer people a collector's edition just because you don't think you'd want one?
    No, I think that way because everything I have read about Shadowfell and that turbine has released about Shadowfell shows it's a normal update labeled as a "expansion". That's like saying for each update we got before we should have a "collectors" version of it.
    Think of it this way, Menace expansion was explained to us maybe a year before it even came out with all the hype and advertising of it. With Shadowfell we got an announcement it was being done, and that's basically it, with it being mentioned as being released this summer. With summer only being 4 more months left, why has there been no big announcements about it, why the secrecy, why barely anything?

    That's why I say and feel there should be no collectors edition. Nothing turbine has given us to this point shows it even deserves one, besides being a way to feed the income machine on there side.

  5. #5
    Community Member ~NiborRis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usernameanon View Post
    No, I think that way because everything I have read about Shadowfell and that turbine has released about Shadowfell shows it's a normal update labeled as a "expansion". That's like saying for each update we got before we should have a "collectors" version of it.
    Think of it this way, Menace expansion was explained to us maybe a year before it even came out with all the hype and advertising of it. With Shadowfell we got an announcement it was being done, and that's basically it, with it being mentioned as being released this summer. With summer only being 4 more months left, why has there been no big announcements about it, why the secrecy, why barely anything?

    That's why I say and feel there should be no collectors edition. Nothing turbine has given us to this point shows it even deserves one, besides being a way to feed the income machine on there side.
    I'm curious as to what you think was in Menace that won't be in Shadowfell.
    Menace gave us:
    4 wilderness areas
    15 quests
    1 raid

    and was released at the same time as:
    Combat system changes
    Level cap update
    Epic Destinies
    Druid Class

    From what we know about Shadowfell, we will get:
    At least 2 wilderness areas
    Some number of quests
    Maybe a raid or two?

    and it will be released at the same time as:
    Level cap update
    New Iconic Hero feature

    and the Enhancement system changes are coming but do not appear to be tied to the release date of the xPack, which I prefer, as they need the time to get the Enhancement changes right, rather than tying the delivery date to the xpack.

    Seems very similar, as long as the number of quests we get is large enough, and there's at least 1 raid.

    I am really surprised they've been as quiet as they have been about the upcoming expansion - they announced about 9 weeks ago and there's been NOTHING since then. The closest we've got is getting to see Wheloon on Lamannia, and that was very, very recent, and without fanfare really.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    I'm curious as to what you think was in Menace that won't be in Shadowfell.
    Menace gave us:
    4 wilderness areas
    15 quests
    1 raid

    and was released at the same time as:
    Combat system changes
    Level cap update
    Epic Destinies
    Druid Class

    From what we know about Shadowfell, we will get:
    At least 2 wilderness areas
    Some number of quests
    Maybe a raid or two?

    and it will be released at the same time as:
    Level cap update
    New Iconic Hero feature

    and the Enhancement system changes are coming but do not appear to be tied to the release date of the xPack, which I prefer, as they need the time to get the Enhancement changes right, rather than tying the delivery date to the xpack.

    Seems very similar, as long as the number of quests we get is large enough, and there's at least 1 raid.

    I am really surprised they've been as quiet as they have been about the upcoming expansion - they announced about 9 weeks ago and there's been NOTHING since then. The closest we've got is getting to see Wheloon on Lamannia, and that was very, very recent, and without fanfare really.

    And yeah that's the whole problem, we don't know for sure what we are getting. I've gotten wilderness area's with normal updates, so those are not collectors worthy to me. Same thing with "levels" we have gotten them updates.

    Nothing they have showed me that the plain amount they will be releasing is worthy of an expansion and even offering it with a collectors package.

    I got the collectors for menace expansion. It was announced that "enhancement" changes were coming with that expansion. So whether they release the enhancement change with an update or with the expansion it will mean to me I am finally getting what I paid for with the menace expansion.


    Now if Turbine did announce FULLY what we will be getting of course I could change my mind and say then, yeah it's worth having a collectors package, but as of right now, they just haven't released enough info for me to say it's even worth having one.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Turbine have done exactly the same with Lotro announced an expansion then talked about the next update as has DDO, maybe there new game Infinite Crisis is taking up all there marketing time at the mo, or maybe they want to get the next update out then have loads of info for expansion.

  8. #8

    Default On a somewhat unrelated note

    Both King's Forest (3 quests) and Underdark (1 quest?) seem entirely too large not to acquire more quests at some point. Especially the Underdark, which is SO enormous and richly painted that it yearns for more content. Right now you visit it a couple of times - to open the Schynderlin portal and to run Belly of the Beast, and that's it. It's a shame to waste the level of effort invested into those areas without adding some more quests.

    PS Devs, if you DO add more content into those areas, please give us some more teleport points. Running to Unquiet Graves is a freaking chore.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    OK Dumb question but devs can you drop any hints as to when the preorders will be out for shadowfell or atlesast and inside look at the collectors edition(s)
    My guess is that they learned their lesson from MOTU. They will not give us any more info until they're ready to put the expansion into a true Alpha/beta. They will not offer any Preorders until they can be at least 95% sure of their release date.

    However, we can make a few inferences.
    Iconic heroes
    the new quests
    1-2 new epic destinies
    a number of astral shards
    a pet or 2
    I'm hoping for tomes of learning again( missed out on the collectors edition for MOTU )

  10. #10
    Founder Hambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    If they included Huge ingredient and Collectable bags with every new alt and nothing else extra with a Collector's Edition I'd sign up in a heartbeat. I currently have 21 Alts on my most populous servers, many of which I can't delete because I bought the big bags for.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload