Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Useless BTC Tomes

I haven't played for a while so I may have missed something but...

When you get reward +2 BTC tomes that you can not use it would be nice if you could swap them to +1 BTA tomes instead. For that matter some form of trading in a +X BTA tome for the equivalent +(X-1) BTA tome would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves_Guild_Master View Post

When you get reward +2 BTC tomes that you can not use it would be nice if you could swap them to +1 BTA tomes instead. For that matter some form of trading in a +X BTA tome for the equivalent +(X-1) BTA tome would be good.
    Would be a good idea. Or to do something different and meaningful with them. I am on my 6th life and by now have all stats on +3 or higher. And still I get the BTC +2 tome for my favor...

Crunch them for shards and turn the shards in for XP pots.

That is probably the best thing to do with them.

There is a new type of Eberron Dragonshard that you get from crunching them. It's used in crafting, or so Im told. I have nearly 70 of them and have yet to find a use for them. (some one else could probably give you more info on it since I dont have the details off the top of my head and dont wish to do the research)

Community Member

Default Gosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    There is a new type of Eberron Dragonshard that you get from crunching them. It's used in crafting, or so Im told. I have nearly 70 of them and have yet to find a use for them. (some one else could probably give you more info on it since I dont have the details off the top of my head and dont wish to do the research)
    That sounds like a really useful thing to trade them in for if you have 70 of them.

Have you ever tried to say anything helpful, or Lord of Blades forbid.....not trollish?

And by the way, Eberron Dragonshards are not new either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    That sounds like a really useful thing to trade them in for if you have 70 of them.

Have you ever tried to say anything helpful, or Lord of Blades forbid.....not trollish?

And by the way, Eberron Dragonshards are not new either.
    ahem ... Grumpycat is actually right that the only usefull thing to trade +1 and +2 BTC tomes are the "Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragement" in the Cannith Crafting hall at the Vendor. They are used across the board for high level Cannith Crafting like for a "Holy Burst" or "Greater Outsider Bane" Shard. And if someone play this game more then just a year one would indeed name them new, because they where introduced even after the Cannith crafting itself.

By the way, "Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragement" itself are BtA, and can be placed in the green bag.
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 05-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Did you read the OP? Not sure where it says they just started playing a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    ahem ... Grumpycat is actually right that the only usefull thing to trade +1 and +2 BTC tomes are the "Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragement" in the Cannith Crafting hall at the Vendor. They are used across the board for high level Cannith Crafting like for a "Holy Burst" or "Greater Outsider Bane" Shard. And if someone play this game more then just a year one would indeed name them new, because they where introduced even after the Cannith crafting itself.

They are not asking to trade them in for barely useful Eberron's. I have used exactly 3 of them since Cannith Crafting came out. My crafting is well over 100 in all schools.

Was he right? yes, you can trade in the tomes for Dragonshards. Is this what the OP is requesting? Not even in the ballpark.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Dumb question. Where do you crunch them? Stone of Change or in the crafting area? Od somewhere else?

J.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jallora View Post
    Dumb question. Where do you crunch them? Stone of Change or in the crafting area? Od somewhere else?

J.
    The vendor in the crafting hall iirc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterScout View Post

Where can i do this? not sure if they added this in recently..

Quote Originally Posted by HunterScout View Post

purified eberron dragonshards are only used in high level cannith crafting, right?

they cannot be turned in for xp pots - I thought only the regular eberron dragonshard fragments can be traded in for experience elixirs. am I mistaken?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    purified eberron dragonshards are only used in high level cannith crafting, right?

they cannot be turned in for xp pots - I thought only the regular eberron dragonshard fragments can be traded in for experience elixirs. am I mistaken?
    According to:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Purified_Ebe...shard_Fragment

You are correct. I believe the poster stating to trade in for exp pots is mistaking:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Eberron_Dragonshard

For the crafting version.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Thumbs up

If you are getting +1 or +1 Stat Tomes from the Daily Dice Silver Table, they will mostly be replaced with something new and useful with U18

Community Member

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    If you are getting +1 or +1 Stat Tomes from the Daily Dice Silver Table, they will mostly be replaced with something new and useful with U18
    This is awesome news. I have not gotten one from the dice, but now I am hoping just to see the new shiny!

Thanks QmX!!

This is awesome news. I have not gotten one from the dice, but now I am hoping just to see the new shiny!

Thanks QmX!!
    On lamannia they are dropping tomes that add +x to a specific skill. (Yes UMD is one of the possibilities so far)

Community Member

Speaking of which:

Pot, meet Kettle.

Community Member

Default I know right?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchoGremlin View Post
    Speaking of which:

Pot, meet Kettle.
    I never actually try to help people, I know. I just like to pop in, troll people, defend turbine for their repeated mistakes, and then proceed to tell people what idiots they are rather than say anything constructive.

It's how I roll.

Oh, and feel free to click my name and view my post history any time.

Ok.. somewhere some one is getting confused so lemme 'splain it to joo Lucy...

Eberon shards are random drops.

Purified (the *new* shards I was talking about) or obtained by *crunching* the tomes in an altar. They are used in high end crafting and CANNOT be traded for the XP pots like the sm/md/lg Eberron shards.

The OP ask what can be done with the useless BTC tomes. He was told. It is the only thing that can be done with them outside of space takers in your bank/pack.

Now if he was trying to goad turbine into having something useful to do with them he should have been more clear. But I did NOT miss what was asked in the OP. READ before posting.

Community Member

Default Where?

The OP ask what can be done with the useless BTC tomes. He was told. It is the only thing that can be done with them outside of space takers in your bank/pack.
    Where do you see a question in the OP at all? I see a statement. Nix that. I see a wish. A preference. A hope. A desire. I do not see a question. See below.

But I did NOT miss what was asked in the OP.
    Are you sure you didn't miss something in the OP? It would appear you did to my eyes.

READ before posting.
    This is good advice, very good advice. /hint.

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Tomes are TRADED in at the Cannith CRAFTING VENDOR

+1 Tome will convert to 4 Purefied Eberron Dragonshards.

+2 tomes will convert to 9 Purefied Eberron Dragonshards.

I have yet to do it to a +3 or +4 tome.

As I said, talk to the Cannith Crafting vendor. Say you want to convert your stuff, it is not easy to tell that you can do this at all. Once the Window opens up(it looks like a book) place your tome in the box and it will show you how many Purefied shards you will get.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast