Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member Asirin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!
    Posts
    519

    Default Need a pando free link to client.

    Been trying to download client for a week now,tried everything and I think it's just Pando hates my computer lol.

    Anyone happen to have a UPDATED alternate safe/working/tested link to the DDO US High rez client,besides the pando version?

    All of the old forums links are 404 error.
    It can be via torrent or server download,not really picky.

    Thanks
    Google Celebrity Dungeons & Dragons Acquisitions Inc, podcast and youtube videos ,you wont regret it

  2. #2

    Default

    You can download the client from Steam. Some don't care for Steam's intrusiveness, but it will work.

    Best of luck.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

  3. #3
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Google will be your friend, it will takes you less than 5 minutes to find one.

    The only official download is from Turbine and it involves Pando.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

  4. #4
    Community Member ~Testing12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    download link high res
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/958...lient-high-res
    this version seems to be from 2012 so u likely need to update it with 1gig but shouldnt take more then 30min or so from turbines auto update they got "decent" update speed if not good

    not tried it myself so cant assure you 100% no virus or funny buisness but i wouldnt trust turbines pando a 100% either so *shrugs

  5. #5
    Community Member Asirin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Thanks alot for the links guys,this has been a long frustrating process lol.

    I've tried Atomic Gamer and most torrents but only the Pando version will connect anymore after downloading. I'm guessing it was intentional.

    I'll try the Steam version and hopefully that will work.
    Google Celebrity Dungeons & Dragons Acquisitions Inc, podcast and youtube videos ,you wont regret it

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Pando was screwy with my computer, but killing the Java front-end after launching (the ddo_blah.exe) through the task manager let the back-end run just fine.

  7. #7
    Community Member Asirin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!
    Posts
    519

    Default It's a miracle.

    Pando actually worked.....kinda....

    Managed to download the low res client finally. At this point I just want to play,dont really care about bad graphics lol.

    I'll post my solution in hopes it helps someone who has similar problems,since all the good links are gone.

    In my case it might have been my ISP blocking P2P at high download rates.

    I simply paused Pando when it went over 2000kps and it finally downloaded.

    Never thought I would wish for the days of the good old Atari downloader for DDO,sure it was very slow,but it downloaded all the files in segments,and never corrupted files.

    By the way, I submitted 2 tickets to Turbine Support over the past week with no response.

    One would think if they want my money they would have a alternate download for the client,cant spend it if I can play right?

    Anyways see you guys in game (Ghallanda) ,I was sweating for awhile had a Auction I bid on and if I didn't get back the item would be returned lol.
    Google Celebrity Dungeons & Dragons Acquisitions Inc, podcast and youtube videos ,you wont regret it

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default Burn it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asirin View Post
    Pando actually worked.....kinda....

    Managed to download the low res client finally. At this point I just want to play,dont really care about bad graphics lol.

    I'll post my solution in hopes it helps someone who has similar problems,since all the good links are gone.

    In my case it might have been my ISP blocking P2P at high download rates.

    I simply paused Pando when it went over 2000kps and it finally downloaded.

    Never thought I would wish for the days of the good old Atari downloader for DDO,sure it was very slow,but it downloaded all the files in segments,and never corrupted files.

    By the way, I submitted 2 tickets to Turbine Support over the past week with no response.

    One would think if they want my money they would have a alternate download for the client,cant spend it if I can play right?

    Anyways see you guys in game (Ghallanda) ,I was sweating for awhile had a Auction I bid on and if I didn't get back the item would be returned lol.

    I would strongly recommend going into your installed programs and uninstalling Pando, then burning the ddo files to disk without Pando. I have a set from a couple years ago I use every time I reformat/upgrade and they work amazingly well, once installed from disk I have no problems downloading the game updates when I launch the game, and it saves a whole bunch of time doing the main install from disk as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  9. #9
    Community Member Asirin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Have the disc ready ,just waiting for install to complete to be sure its good.

    Made a serious mistake when I deleted the high rez client to free up disc space a few months ago.

    Wont happen again lol.
    Google Celebrity Dungeons & Dragons Acquisitions Inc, podcast and youtube videos ,you wont regret it

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asirin View Post
    Have the disc ready ,just waiting for install to complete to be sure its good.

    Made a serious mistake when I deleted the high rez client to free up disc space a few months ago.

    Wont happen again lol.
    I am not sure, but I think once you have the install done, you can upgrade it, or download it after you remove Pando.

    I can't remember what I had to do as it has been a couple years, but I also couldn't get the high rez installed back then, and when I finally did get it is why I burned the disks. I have smoked a lot of medicine since then and just can't remember exactly how I went about doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload