Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Help with high survival & dps build monk 2nd life

Hello all, i am looking to build my 2nd life monk over... currently he is a max str, high wis then dex build... i through out alot of high numbers pretty good crits and crit damage but if something hits me im dead... i tend to pull out more damage then most but what i would like to do is a build where i can actually survive but with minimal loss to my damage.. i have always played light monk,, tried dark monk once seems like its a whole lotta debuffing making enemy take more magic damage. i like raw damage myself.. i do have 34 point build and +3 stat tome across the board.. thank you guys much appreciated...

PS.. not too much abbreviations plz as there are so many in this game and ill get lost lol thanks again

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by audigamer1 View Post
    Hello all, i am looking to build my 2nd life monk over... currently he is a max str, high wis then dex build... i through out alot of high numbers pretty good crits and crit damage but if something hits me im dead... i tend to pull out more damage then most but what i would like to do is a build where i can actually survive but with minimal loss to my damage.. i have always played light monk,, tried dark monk once seems like its a whole lotta debuffing making enemy take more magic damage. i like raw damage myself.. i do have 34 point build and +3 stat tome across the board.. thank you guys much appreciated...

PS.. not too much abbreviations plz as there are so many in this game and ill get lost lol thanks again
    Dark Monk will be more DPS but less survivable because of no healing Ki strikes. Depending on your gear, it may be better to run in Earth stance when in pick up groups.

Race - Half-Orc if Dark; Half-Elf if Light
    Stats - Str, Dex, Con, and Wis = 15; One of these four will be 16 but I will let you decide if that is Str or Wis

I would also look at the Lamnia forums and check specifically about the enhancement overpass. It's not coming until summer but may influence your personal choice in Racial choice for Monk.

p.s. Hopefully the abbreviations I did use are the more common ones you can understand.

Community Member

Thank you, on my current build light, i went max str, high wis, then dex then con, i was aiming to get vorpal strikes.