Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Post Suggestion for a Server Merge

    Orien has been pretty empty nowadays.

    I would like to suggest a server merge with another server so that we can find people to party with again...

    Just a suggestion, thanks!

  2. #2
    Community Member ~kruemeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default No thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenedos View Post
    Orien has been pretty empty nowadays.

    I would like to suggest a server merge with another server so that we can find people to party with again...

    Just a suggestion, thanks!
    I would not be in favor of a server merge.
    I never have had a real problem grouping when I want to... or having people join my LFMs when I want to.

    Why not petition turbine to reactivate their pay-to-move character Services and then seek out one of the more crowded Servers?
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

  3. #3
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Is it the server or the LFM that is empty ?

    Honestly, Wayfinder is probably the only one that feels empty, and I'm not even sure it is as empty as the European Servers in the last 6 Months of their life.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I'd support a merge with Wayfinder. Wayfinder is empty, really empty, Orien could use more players.

  5. #5
    Community Member Eilierie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokarn17 View Post
    I'd support a merge with Wayfinder. Wayfinder is empty, really empty, Orien could use more players.
    Sounds good to me, LFM have been steadily declining for past few years. Almost non-existent at the moment with Neverwinter out.

    I got probably 100 people on friends list, lucky if I see one green dot these days. Before Neverwinter there was alwasy at least 15 guildies on in primetime, now lucky if 4....

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    i still hate the server system...

    unbound charcters from any server, just make shards. You log your account, choose your toon and then decide which shar you want to join.

    and ofc, AH will be global.

  7. #7
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Is it the server or the LFM that is empty ?

    Honestly, Wayfinder is probably the only one that feels empty, and I'm not even sure it is as empty as the European Servers in the last 6 Months of their life.
    While Wayfinder might be the least populated server, it´s also the one more or less lag free. All else have plenty of lag, Orien as well.

    Might as well be that LFMs by purpose have been killed by Turbine due to systematically destroying any incentive for players to open/join public groups.

    And reviving the LFM system, well, there are plenty of ideas (more options for group posting, less scaling after 4th Group member, better loot for mixed groups from different guilds or unguilded), but this thread is not the right place for them.

  8. #8
    Community Member remember1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    3bc
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I play exclusively on cannith, there are always LFMs and not laggy

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Might as well be that LFMs by purpose have been killed by Turbine due to systematically destroying any incentive for players to open/join public groups.

    And reviving the LFM system, well, there are plenty of ideas (more options for group posting, less scaling after 4th Group member, better loot for mixed groups from different guilds or unguilded), but this thread is not the right place for them.
    This turbine killed it. There is less incentive to pug especially with bravery bonus, death penalty, and scaling. I can solo elite in my sorc much easier by myself than with other players who just up monster hps and don't contribute as much. I still pug a lot just because I like playing with others and don't get wound about xp penalties so much

    Quote Originally Posted by Formulacion View Post
    i still hate the server system...

    unbound charcters from any server, just make shards. You log your account, choose your toon and then decide which shar you want to join.

    and ofc, AH will be global.
    Sorry? English please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilierie View Post
    Sounds good to me, LFM have been steadily declining for past few years. Almost non-existent at the moment with Neverwinter out.

    I got probably 100 people on friends list, lucky if I see one green dot these days. Before Neverwinter there was alwasy at least 15 guildies on in primetime, now lucky if 4....
    I think it's temporary. People will eventually come back after they've tried NWO out. From the review I read, character customization is very limited, and the quests are the standard, dumb, WOW model: kill x monsters, collect x things, or kill x monsters who drop x thing which you need to collect x of. These are two of the things that drove me away from WOW and back to DDO. I'm sure other players will find that model boring and return.

    It would be nice for the lfm panel to post across servers like wow's dungeon finder does. But I fear for lag. Although, wow has no lag that I noticed, so they managed a solution. I just think the folks at turbine have done too many stupid things lately (these forums for instance) and I don't trust them not to f our lfm system up if they touch that.

  10. #10
    Community Member Eilierie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    I think it's temporary. People will eventually come back after they've tried NWO out.
    The Neverwinter part, yea but as said its been on a downslope for past few years ESPECIALLY after the Forgotten Realms expansion pack is not an adventure pack deal, I know a lot of long time VIP players up and quit after that.

  11. #11
    Community Member ~D4rth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenedos View Post
    Orien has been pretty empty nowadays.

    I would like to suggest a server merge with another server so that we can find people to party with again...

    Just a suggestion, thanks!
    Interesting, I'm lately having to be torn between which LFM to pick from the ones available on the board.

    Though if you happen to be in between 10-16 level range you might have problems finding groups unless you're on the TR train, due to stones and everlasting lack of content during those levels.

  12. #12
    Community Member ~Keymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Orien seems pretty active to me. If you can't find groups, maybe you're the problem.

    For years, I've heard complaining about dearth of LFMs "I want to join" or "For quests/raids I want to do." Is it really a complaint about server population? Or proportion of population willing to host LFMs? Don't complain about lack of LFMs. Whether quests or raids, you have to take the initiative, and put one up. Just be honest about what you're looking for, whether it's:
    (1) No slackers!
    (2) BYOH
    (3) Know Quest
    (4) Need Guide
    (5) All optionals
    (6) W/E

    Also, it's important to build relationships and make a positive impression if you want to explore more of the game. Join a guild that does the things you're interested in. Join channels that do the things you're interested in. You really can't expect to sit back and have your optimal game experience delivered to you.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    The servers should be merged. There aren't enough people on most of the servers, I feel. What is the population per server? Bouncing from server to server with one character could open up the social aspects of the game much more than you may think. It would allow players to join in on any of their friend's runs, or simply increase the amount of new people one can meet. Does any one have server population numbers or is everyone here just shooting feelings out in the dark?

    I don't know the reason why some servers aren't merged- mostly the low population ones. I mean, it's not like Turbine can add more lag, and If they can the amount present is already the worst at a level that we would hardly notice a few more seconds of it...

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keymaker View Post
    You really can't expect to sit back and have your optimal game experience delivered to you.
    That should be in the product purchased. If you're paying for something that doesn't deliver then you're over paying.

  15. #15
    Community Member ~kruemeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    The servers should be merged. There aren't enough people on most of the servers, I feel. What is the population per server? Bouncing from server to server with one character could open up the social aspects of the game much more than you may think. It would allow players to join in on any of their friend's runs, or simply increase the amount of new people one can meet. Does any one have server population numbers or is everyone here just shooting feelings out in the dark?

    I don't know the reason why some servers aren't merged- mostly the low population ones. I mean, it's not like Turbine can add more lag, and If they can the amount present is already the worst at a level that we would hardly notice a few more seconds of it...
    Apart from Wayfinder... what are the low Population Servers? Even DDOoracle is not 100% detailed about the number of active Players per Server...
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    Apart from Wayfinder... what are the low Population Servers? Even DDOoracle is not 100% detailed about the number of active Players per Server...
    Might just be my perception, but ddo has less players than the other mmos so it makes it appear to new players that the game is dead. Not dead like not one person playing, but dead comparatively to other games and their population.

    For example take twicthtv, they stream a bunch of games, mmos are the most watched by far. DDO is almost non existent on there. Now, that isn't the best way to measure popularity, but it goes to show that the game could use more players.

    DDO Oracle states under 700k active characters, considering that many people have more than 1. The actual number of players is what, 350k? On the entire game ?


    Quick edit: I love this game and will continue to play it. To me it is the best MMO because combat is so engaging and action orientated, FPS like. And the character customization is amazing. WoW/Diablo/LoL/Dota could not keep me as interested and I tried, a few times.
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 05-11-2013 at 10:57 AM.

  17. #17
    Community Member ~kruemeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Might just be my perception, but ddo has less players than the other mmos so it makes it appear to new players that the game is dead. Not dead like not one person playing, but dead comparatively to other games and their population.
    ...
    .
    So what is a low Population Server for DDO? And what is a high Population Server.

    I also Play on Wayfinder, and I like it because it is quiet. However... I would love to be able to move some of the characters I transferred there back to Orien!

    So I would be much more in favor of a timely character Transfer offered by turbine... then People can gravitate to the Servers with the Population that fits them!
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    So what is a low Population Server for DDO? And what is a high Population Server.

    I also Play on Wayfinder, and I like it because it is quiet. However... I would love to be able to move some of the characters I transferred there back to Orien!

    So I would be much more in favor of a timely character Transfer offered by turbine... then People can gravitate to the Servers with the Population that fits them!
    Wayfinder would be lowest and Thelanis is highest 9k and 100k respectively. The lowest- Wayfinder aside- are in order Cannith, Orien, Sarlona 70-80k range. The others all are only 10-20k higher.

    Less servers would make for more activity on each, which many will oppose because it's "their" server. Server passes would be good but I dont know if any game does that.

  19. #19
    Community Member Eilierie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keymaker View Post
    Orien seems pretty active to me. If you can't find groups, maybe you're the problem.

    For years, I've heard complaining about dearth of LFMs "I want to join" or "For quests/raids I want to do." Is it really a complaint about server population? Or proportion of population willing to host LFMs? Don't complain about lack of LFMs. Whether quests or raids, you have to take the initiative, and put one up. Just be honest about what you're looking for, whether it's:
    (1) No slackers!
    (2) BYOH
    (3) Know Quest
    (4) Need Guide
    (5) All optionals
    (6) W/E

    Also, it's important to build relationships and make a positive impression if you want to explore more of the game. Join a guild that does the things you're interested in. Join channels that do the things you're interested in. You really can't expect to sit back and have your optimal game experience delivered to you.
    As you didn't seem to reply to anyone in specific, I'll point out a few specific things that you apparently glossed over -
    • out of approximately 100 people on friends list (read: non guild) lucky if there is one green dot lit up
    • out of 1000 guild members, lucky if 4 people are on


    I advertise LFM's daily, whether I need help or not I advertise . Run with a few good TR trains here and there, but mostly advertised solos. Basically advertised Stealer of Souls all week.... not one ding. Now I'll give you I've not befriended every person I've grouped with but I get along with most people I've grouped with well enough that we put each other on each other's friends list, whatever that is worth.

    To push my point one level further, right under your very own nose - Over Raided is recruiting, and filling slots through channels. Not that you've never done it before but it was definitely the exception and not the rule where as these days it seems the roles have reversed.

    TL;DR
    In other words, I've done the things you've said already for past four years....
    Last edited by Eilierie; 05-11-2013 at 01:51 PM.

  20. #20
    Community Member ~kruemeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Wayfinder would be lowest and Thelanis is highest 9k and 100k respectively. The lowest- Wayfinder aside- are in order Cannith, Orien, Sarlona 70-80k range. The others all are only 10-20k higher.
    Are those figures from DDOoracle?
    What do the numbers mean? Active accounts? Log-ins per hour? Active characters? I have more than 20 alts that all log in every month!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Less servers would make for more activity on each, which many will oppose because it's "their" server. Server passes would be good but I dont know if any game does that.
    If Servers merge... who gets to Keep the character Name...and who must Change?
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload