Default Random allocation of bravery bonuses in epic levels?

Hey guys I have a quick question

Why do some quests in epic levels give bravery bonus and some do not?

Let me give you an example:

Epic Hard Chronoscope level range 20-25 gives bravery bonus. The same with Against the Demon Queen.

The Claw of Vulkoor and other Red Fens quest, highest level is 21, no bravery.

I don't understand =(

Plz help

Walruss of Cannith

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

If you have run the quest during the heroic levels at any point, it is not your first run of the quest - therefore you do not get bravery. So it seems likely you did not run chrono while levelling, though you did run the fens stuff.

Is this the case for you?
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

What Dandonk wrote is correct, but there is 1 more thing worth mentioning. Once you reach level 25, you can keep regaining your streak by running the same quest if you ve never ran it b4 you reached lvl 25.

Thank you Dandonk.

And the level range doesn't mean anything on epic levels then I suppose? Having tested it in Eveningstar yet, but I'm still puzzled that I got bravery with lvl 25s in a quest that caps at level 23.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Shataan View Post
    What Dandonk wrote is correct, but there is 1 more thing worth mentioning. Once you reach level 25, you can keep regaining your streak by running the same quest if you ve never ran it b4 you reached lvl 25.
    This is true, but this also means you can lose your current streak if you run a quest you didn't do before capping on EN.

Example: Cap your character without running Chrono. Run Chrono on EH - get bravery, yay! Three days later: Run Chrono on EN - break streak, not yay.

Quote Originally Posted by markthornberg View Post
    Thank you Dandonk.

And the level range doesn't mean anything on epic levels then I suppose? Having tested it in Eveningstar yet, but I'm still puzzled that I got bravery with lvl 25s in a quest that caps at level 23.
    IIRC they implemented a bonus to epic quests so they'd keep giving streak and xp without penalty even with level 25s in the group. I don't remember the exact workings, though, sorry.

The powerlevelling (being level 21 with 25s in the gorup, regardless of quest level) penalty was removed for epic level characters with the launch of MOTU, I believe.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Power-leveling penalty: (individual) If you are exactly 4 levels below the highest-level character in the party, you receive a -50% penalty. If you are 5 levels below, you receive a -75% penalty. If you are 6 levels below, you receive a -99% penalty. If you are 7 or more levels below, you receive no XP regardless of bonuses. Characters that are level 20 or 21 do not receive a power-level penalty, even when grouped with level 24-25 characters.

Prerequisites for bravery bonus:
    For Epic quests;
    • If the quest is Level 20 on Epic Normal the spread between quest level and character level is reduced by one, and so a maximum character level of 23 will still allow for Bravery Bonus to apply.
    • If the quest is Level 21 or higher on Epic Normal the spread between quest level and character level is reduced by two, and so a maximum character level of 25 will still allow for Bravery Bonus to apply.

Epic Over-Level Penalties (Source)
    Max Player Level
    Quest CR 25 24 23 22 21 20
    22 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%
    21 -10% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%
    20 -50% -25% -10% 0% 0% 0%
    19 -99% -75% -50% -25% -10% 0%
    18 NO XP -99% -75% -50% -25% -10%

Copied from wiki.