Unhappy Got Problem with my Otto's Stones of Experience

Hello everyone!
    This is the story.
    I traded for a couple stone so happily I was wondering around ghallanda to lv to 8 from 6 on a second life mage.
    In less than a hush I hit lv 8.
    Even more happily I leveled and done the usual stuffs u do before use a stone of exp.
    Get my stone from bank, set it into a hotbar, stuck at myself and... nothing.

The message on screen said "an error as occurred" but doens't specified WHAT error has occurred...
    I'd like to understand what happened... those stones came from otto boxes, so they're not the "only on per server" kind... and the stone itself stated that it's tradable and mailable...

So what's up?

PS: tried to switch stone and use the other one instead but still nothing
    Last edited by Nephilia; 05-09-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

The original owner of the stones has to use them on you, from the character he/she originally opened the otto's box on. It's a stupid, poorly-designed functionality. They should either be BTC but able to be used on someone else, or unbound and able to be used by anybody. But no...
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

A perfect job from turbine as always... I just wish the guy who gave me the stone doesn't deleted the original opener toon for some reasons or I'll leave the game...
    I'm totally ****ed of bug, stupidity and poor design decicion with no effort at all to fix em...

I cant vouch firsthand, but a guy who was selling stones in the forum markets said that in game support was able and willing to change the stone so its bound to your toon. It would be worth a try to put in a ticket.
    The poster formerly known as TPICKRELL.... Hopefully will be again if Turbine support ever gets it straightened out. .. Grubby WF Shintao, Grubonon Human HAMP Shintao, GrubbyDark Halfling Ninja Spy, GrubbSmash Horc soon to be Henshin, GrubbyTrap Monk/Rogue/Fighter, Gralak Shirardi Sorc (soon to be PM Wiz again) and other Grubs... All on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    I cant vouch firsthand, but a guy who was selling stones in the forum markets said that in game support was able and willing to change the stone so its bound to your toon. It would be worth a try to put in a ticket.
    oh that is a good news... now I must just learn how to ask for help in game :P ty

Default that's the conversation with the GM

Description:
    Hello and ty for helping. First of all pls forgive me for my bad english, I really wish I can explain myself enough I bought 2 otto box stones froma guy but it wont let me use it. The stone seems to be bind to the guy who sold em to me (for what I know by forum) which should be a bug since it's stated on the stone emselves that they are mailable and tradable. I would like to have those stone bind to me, so I can use em by myself, pls ty again

(Admin): tells you, 'Greetings Maryi ! I am a Game Master for Online Support and will be with you momentarily. You can reply to my messages by typing /r and entering your message.'
    (Admin): tells you, 'This is working as intended.
    (Admin): tells you, 'You will need to get in touch with the person that sold them to you and have them group with you and use them on you.'

(Tell): You tell , 'its strange why i can buy something i cant use by myself? and if the guy deleted the toon who opened the box?'

(Admin): tells you, 'That's how the developers made them. '
    (Admin): tells you, 'You will need to get in touch with the person that sold them to you and have them group with you and use them on you.'

(Tell): You tell , 'I understand it but still is unfair... I paid good item for em and now i cannot use em... and the stone themsleves state that they can be sold and traded... so i can trade and then i cannot use...'

(Admin): tells you, 'Unfortunately the In-Game Support team cannot mediate player to player trade issues such as a trade not going as a player has expected. We highly recommend that you review all trades before accepting them. The secure trade system requires that both players agree to a particular trade prior to its completion.'
    (Admin): tells you, 'Unfortunately the In-Game Support team cannot mediate player to player trade issues such as a trade not going as a player has expected. We highly recommend that you review all trades before accepting them. The secure trade system requires that both players agree to a particular trade prior to its completion.'

(Tell): You tell , 'I rewed my trade... stone said i can buy em so i bought em'

(Admin): tells you, 'As stated multiple times now, you will need to get in contact with the person that you purchased the stones from.' tells you, 'InGame support cannot make changes to items, we cannot unbind them or bind them to another character. '
    'Have a great adventure and good luck. '
    This request is closed and your Game Master is unable to receive any further messages from you through this request. Please submit a new help request for any additional questions. Thank you for contacting In-Game Support and may the Silver Flame guide you.'

So ty for nothing.
    I'm leaving the game right now

Signed
    A V.I.P. who just removed his subscription
    Last edited by Nephilia; 05-09-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Have you tried getting in contact with the guy you bought them from? You should be able to pass the stones back to him and have him use them on your characters.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    Have you tried getting in contact with the guy you bought them from? You should be able to pass the stones back to him and have him use them on your characters.
    The guy is someone who doesn't play that much. I traded 3 days ago and I didn't see him online from that day. Plus I don't know his forum's name nor I know any of his alts ... and I was wondering about making this toon one of my best since I've a lot of stuffs... now I've to wait dunno how much due to their error... and I've to hear that I've to check what I trade?
    I checked 5 times and each time (u don't say?!) the stone state that I can buy it.Nice customers service.
    I don't want to spend my time and my money this way.

PS: Sorry for my rudeness I don't want to seem harsh to the people who are replying here in anyway. I'm mad at turbine and it's customer service.
    Last edited by Nephilia; 05-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Well, this is so unfair. I mean, how do you know about that? It's tradable, and mailable, and both things are written on the item description. You have to use some kind of divination spell to know it?Maybe a crystal ball on the desk? It's not a player or buyer fault, just another bug that no one want to fix due to unknown circumstances. I'll go to unsubscribe from vip, even if it doesnt involve me directly due to this I lost a worthy anf fairy player and friend who I really enjoy playing with and cause it's obviously that we're just money dispensers for the turbine and customer service.

This happened to a guildie of mine, he rang customer support, and they sorted it out for him.

He had similar luck with the ingame GM's.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    This happened to a guildie of mine, he rang customer support, and they sorted it out for him.

He had similar luck with the ingame GM's.
    Unfortunately I'm from italy so call a telephone number in america can't be an option to me :\

Community Member

Yeah, these really should have been BtA so people knew that they couldn't trade them. Lots of innocent mistakes.
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilia View Post
    Unfortunately I'm from italy so call a telephone number in america can't be an option to me :\
    I'm from New Zealand and I've rang them.

International phone codes are hard.

001-855-924-2637.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    Yeah, these really should have been BtA so people knew that they couldn't trade them. Lots of innocent mistakes.
    They should state what they are

"U can trade this but u will not be able to use this by yourself. instead u'll need blah blah" or like suggested they should be bta but usable on third parts.

Omit is like lying
    Last edited by Nephilia; 05-09-2013 at 04:48 PM.