Community Member

Default My bard build (16bard/2fighter/2rogue dps healing)

(I enjoy playing a bard so much that I thought I'd post my 2 cents)

Class & Race:
    16 Bard, 2 Fighter, 2 Rogue
    Human

Human mainly because Improved recovery III is so good, that alone would have convinced me to go human. But the extra feat seals the deal.
    My experience is, you want at least 12 bard levels for song duration, song amount and courage damage. but also lvl13 for GH. and lvl14 for +1 song damage. so you might as well get lvl15 for inspire excellence. and lvl16 for irresistible dance while you're at it. Although anywhere between 12 and 16 makes sense, I feel 16 is the best (if you have the gear to make it work).
    (The best alternative for me is 14/4/2, changing inspire excellence for empower heal and picking up fighter haste boost II.)
    ((If you want to go without selfhealing, I prefer the 8bard/12kensai over the 12bard builds))

Stats:
    STR 16 +6 levelup
    CON 17 or put the levelups here. or split them.
    DEX 13
    INT 12
    WIS 8
    CHA 12

I assumed +4 tomes on all stats
    I consider STR and CON both to be my main stats, and don't really prefer one over the other. Anywhere from 22STR/17CON to 16STR/23CON is equally good to me (but do make sure you hit 21 con including your tomes, to get epic toughness).

Feats (7 + 1 human + 2 fighter + 2 epic= 12):
    +Power Attack
    +TWF
    +iTWF
    +gTWF
    +Prof: Khopesh
    +Critical Slashing
    *Maximize
    *Quicken
    *Extend
    >Toughness
    >Epic Tougness (E)
    >Inspire Excellence (E)

Only choice here is extend or empower heal, the rest is a must.

Skills:
    Search, Disable, UMD, Perform, Concentration, Balance, Jump @ 23
    Open Lock, Tumble, Spot, Swim @ 4

Enhancements:
    Extra Song I
    Inspire Damage III
    Lingering Song IV
    Spellsinger II
    Adaptability CON
    Adaptability STR
    Human Improved Recovery III
    Human Versatility III
    Racial Toughness III
    Rogue Sneak I
    Improved Concentration II (prereq)
    Lyric of Song II (prereq)
    Energy of Music III (prereq)
    Song Magic IV
    Fighter STR I
    Fighter Toughness I
    Rogue Trap Sense I
    Wand & Scroll Mastery I

Even a very combat-oriented bard should take spellsinger, it’s just much better than warchanter and doesn’t cost an otherwise useless feat as prereq

Spells (that i actually put on my bar):
    1: featherfall, focussing chant, ---, ---, ---
    2: blur, rage, invis, (cure mod)
    3: Haste, Displacement, Cure Serious, (remove curse)
    4: Cure Crit, FOM, DDoor, break enchantment
    5: GH, Mass cure light, (summon earth elemental), ---
    6: Irresistable, massModerate

Gear:
    Ravager Ring: 20% amp - str6 - str1
    Avithoul Ring: dex7 - sneak5 - sneak3 - deception
    claw gloves: 30% amp
    claw bracers: con2 - fort
    shamanic fetish: devotion120 - PRR14
    Black dragon helmet: str3 - 35HP - str7
    Black dragon armor: luck+2
    EE Ghost-waking cloak: DR15 - resist7 - cha8 - ghostly
    Ravager belt: con6 - seeker2
    EE Dream Visor: +5 - imperial blood
    EE Pendant of the stormreaver: STR2
    ----swap to epic torc with STR2
    Concopp GS boots: concopp - wis6 - 10HP - 15HP - 100SP - cha+3

Other gear layouts possible with stalker ring:
    Stalker Ring: seeker6 - ghostly - 30HP - dex6
    Backstabber's gloves: con2 - sneak5 - sneak3 - deception
    Convalescent Bracer of Parrying: 30% - +4 resist - 20HPguildslotted(or STR7 in a colorless)
    Shamanic fetish: devotion120 - PRR14
    Black dragon helmet: str3 - HeavyFort - str7
    EE Ghost-waking cloak: DR15 - resist7 - cha8 - ghostly
    it's better if the manslayer from the stalker ring is applicable.

And for when you need ring of the djinn:
    Ring of the Djinn: elec.absorb - DR15
    Backstabber's gloves: con2 - sneak5 - sneak3 - deception
    Convalescent Bracer of Parrying: 30% - +4 resist - 20HPguildslotted(or STR7 in a colorless)
    Shamanic fetish: devotion120 - PRR14
    Black dragon helmet: str3 - HeavyFort - str7
    Jeweled Cloak : resist7 - cha7
    Which is pretty sweet also, with the jeweled cloak instead of the ghostwaking since you haver DR15 in the ring

Other ultimate gear setups might include:
    -Random blueslotted celestial lightarmor with primal of superior false life (or "of heavy fort", or "of major luck". even "of greater reinforcement" will do great)
    -Pirate event helmet with Sneak5 and perform15. It sure is nice not to have to swap to perform.
    you don't need avithoul or backstabber with the 5 sneak in the hat + exceptional 3 from stalker ring. But I haven't been able to work out a complete layout with this that I really like.

About the hp/hp/sp greensteel:
    The 100 SP and +3 CHA skills is slightly better than 6 CHA.
    20 HP is slightly worse than 2 CON.
    So even though i prefer 2 CON over 6 CHA, both slight benefits add up to this weird choice

Weapons:
    2x holy burst silver khopesh of GEOB, electric slotted if you find a silver/redslot
    2x annihilating khopesh of smiting for constructs (adamantine if you're really lucky)
    2x triple pos warhammers for undead
    2x banishing celestias for elementals (a pain, but worth the upgrading)

alchemical fire/air/fire/1d10fire (seeker10, doublestrike6) as default offhand
    alchemical earth/earth/earth/1d10acid for general purpose
    (favorite randomdrop I have) scintillating khopesh of mauling for general purpose
    but of course a lot of sick random tempestuous/meteoric/mangling/obscenity khopesh outshine these

Tortured livewood bow with acid slotted and a lot of houseD sturdy arrows
    (or another bow with high added damage. crit is not important since you don't have improved crit or bow strentgh, so some many actually outshine pinion/thornlord)

Trapgear:
    Epic utility vest for 20 disable and 20 open lock
    Epic spyglass for 20 search
    tinker's goggles for +5 disable
    tinker's gloves for +5 open lock
    and I sometimes use vorne's belt + gnawed ring for +2 saves if the box is in the trap.

search = 75
    disable device = 74 (+7 tools) = 81
    open lock = 56 (+7 tools) = 63
    reflex vs. traps : 55
    without twists

Destinies (18 faith points):

Fury: Tunnel Vision (3), Primal Scream (3), Injury (2), Damage Reduction (3), Acute Instinct + Sense Weakness (3), Overwhelming Force (3), Fury Eternal (1), Unbridled Fury (1), Twisting: Reign (3), Critical Damage (3), Brace for Impact (1)
    *swap Critical Damage for Grim Precision in quest with a lot of fortification

Dreadnought: Attack Boost (3), Extra Action (3), Improved Power Attack (1), Haste Boost (3), Volcano's Edge (1), Devastating Critical (1), Advancing Blows (1), Additional Constitution (2x), Twisting: Sense Weakness (4), Primal Scream (2), Brace for Impact (1)
    *swap Primal Scream for Fey Form, and use jeweled cloak instead of ghostwaking since you have DR7 already

In either destiny you'll have about 800 HP unbuffed. About 925 with shipbuff, inspire excellence and primal scream. A bit more or less depending on how you split between STR and CON, and depending on the +2 con from alchemical earth.
    You will get about 225% healing. With maximize going and a 120 devotion item, this means your cures will heal you for 300-400. This does not fill up your bar, but you can curecrit+cureserious after eachother in a split second (always have your heals quickened).
    Have an un-quickend, un-maximized cure serious wounds on your bar also for between combats. this heals about 150 and costs something like 8 sp instead of 60, that's about 5 times as hp per-sp efficient.
    Don't forget to use a torc. While +5 damage from pendant is tempting, the default should actually be torc unless it's EH and it's so easy it doesn't matter, or if it's EE and they hit so hard your torc loses efficiency but you CC so much you don't take hits much.

Playstyle:
    Sing your songs, GH, FOM and hit yourself with a spellsong vigor. Don't bother with spellsong trance when solo, but always keep clerics and wizards under it. arcane might is for bossfights when the DC matters less and a little more damage and healing is worth the bother. Keep yourself hasted/displaced at any time. From this point on, in almost any quest you'll be playing just like any other DPS.
    Even though it is designed to play as the rogue, you will find any group thankful if you pull aggro before the barbarian does, the displacement and the tons of healing amp combined with 925 HP make you a much much better tank than them anyway.
    When with a monk or fighter, try to be slightly behind them so they take initial aggro, and more importantly when they stun a mob your adrenaline hits for 2k instead of 1k because of the helpless (there's no worse feeling than knocking an enemy down moments before you hear the stunning fist 'ding', you just wasted 1k damage).
    Keep yourself healed. Alternate between quickened cure crit and cur serious for short timer (they heal about equally, 300-350hp). When they cleave, use mass cure, but it's not that efficient so don't overfocus on that. Only when you are experienced at keeping yourself alive, start healing whoever needs it. This can include the main healer if you notice his HP being down. Usually by the time you notice, he will have noticed himself for sure, and the fact that he didn't heal himself means he's either busy or stunned.

Basically, what you do is:
    Activate adrenaline, run into a couple of mobs. Dance one mob and knock another down, kill it while it's helpless, adrenaline again and move on to the next. kill the dancing one last.
    With TWF and some doublestrike, you get back adrenaline almost as fast as you spend it (0.5 per mob)
    But when out of adrenaline, dance a mob and start beating on it. It takes twice as long, but the plus side is you get 1 adrenaline almost for sure. Or beat on a redname that you can't knock down anyway (don't waste adrenalines on rednames just for damage, they have an activation time in which you're not swinging anyway)
    Go into Fury often, it should be full long before you're out of adrenalines. You don't need to use adrenalines now so you regain some.

7 adrenalines kills 7 mobs, this gives 4 adrenalines back. Go into fury and kill 4 mobs, giving 2 adrenalines, so you're back up to 6. Dance a mob and kill it slowly, you're back to 7. You just never run out.

Adrenaline knockdown makes them helpless for 10 seconds, meaning you not only get 80% more damage, but also auto-sneak even if you had aggro. And they don't move around, which is often forgotten but this can double you effective damage per second if they otherwise jump around a lot.
    Remember to also knock down undead, elementals and construct. They don't take the crit damage (unless black dragon armor helps you), but they will be helpless, giving you 80% more damage (and sneak when bypassing).
    Always use adrenaline on orange named and make sure you save 1 for that. When they survive the initial 10 seconds, adrenaline just before it runs out (so that you don't waste downtime) but do it in time, since you do want that +80% on the 1k.

The OTHER playstyle is hardly ever needed, but awesome to have. especially solo.
    Run invis into a bunch of mobs while singing fascinate. jump away. adrenaline the one that saved down and kill him. pick out the next, load up adrenaline and kill him. pick them off one by one, using irresistible dance instead of knocking down a couple to save adrenalines. You can solo almost any epic elite quest up to the endboss with this (and by fascinating the thrash first you can usually take him down also)

(The OTHER OTHER playstyle is best most of the time. run invis through the quest, load up adrenaline and snipe the orange that is a quest objective, invis again and run run run.)

Playstyle when in dreadnought: only do this when rednames make up a significant part of you enemies, or in quests with so much fortification the adrenalines are less useful.
    In that case, just autoattack and use all of your boosts well before the next shrine.
    Last edited by Rull; 05-10-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Community Member

Note, I did not account for Balizarde in all this. I'm sure improvements can be made using it.

Community Member

Just a note for those that think bards are by definition a weak class;

"you have not seen Rull in action yet"

thank you for posting your build and thoughts.

nice post man, my 1st toon was a bard and I loved him!

He's parked since last year and now I want to bring him back to game.

What do you think about thf using sireth (slotted devotion 114+prowless for the set bonus) instead of khopesh?

In this way you save feats to take cleave, great cleave, OC.

What do you think about:

16bard/2rogue/2fighter – 32pb

Helm: Cove helm +15 perform
    Neck: Torc of prince de Rayum II/stormreaver pendant
    Goggles: Tharne
    Robe: (?)
    Trinket: Pl. foc. of prowless (+3str)
    Bracers: Convalescence (20%healing amp.) of superior parring
    Belt: (?)
    Gloves: PDK gloves (30%healing amp., +7 str, +2con)
    Cloak: Jeweled (G: Heavy fort., C: +7 con)
    Boots: GS concordant opposition 10hp/150sp, +5 cha skills
    R1: Epic Stalker (Y: +7cha ; C: +1cha)
    R2: (?)
    Weapon: staff/greataxe

FEATS
    7+1 normal: thoughness, power attack, extended, quicken, cleave, great cleave, empower healing, (?)
    2fighter: ic: bludgeon, weapon focus: bludg
    2 epic: OC, inspire excellence
    TWISTS dance of flowers (T1), reign (T3), critical damage (T3)/unhearty reactions (T1)/cocoon (T1) when needed

STATS FoTW
    18 +6lvlup+4T+2ship+(7+3+1)items+5primal+2excellence+ 1fighter+1human=50
    8+4T+2ship+(7)items+1rogue+2excellence=24
    16 +4T+2ship+(7+2+1)items+5primal+1human+2excellence= 40
    8 +4T+2ship+2excellence=16
    8 +4T+2ship+(6)items+2excellence=22
    14+4T+2ship+2excellence+(7+1)items+2bard=32

I know adrenaline will regenerate at a bit slower rate but quarterstaff still fast compared to other thf. plus with cleaves you can regenerate faster if you have more mobs and the epic moment will be stronger. Cleaves also open the possibility to blitz in LD.

Also, I was thinking about virtuoso for the song of capering and sustaining song.

Please I would like to have a feedback

Thank you.

Korsat
    Last edited by korsat; 06-12-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    Avenlight - Human - 12Fvs/6Monk/2Pal/8Epic
    Avenlight - Human - 17Cleric/2Monk/1Fighter/8Epic
    Korsat - Dwarf - 18Wizard/2Monk/8Epic
    Zendark - Halfelf - 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter/8Epic

Korsat's Build Index

ROS, Argonessen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korsat View Post
    nice post man, my 1st toon was a bard and I loved him!

He's parked since last year and now I want to bring him back to game.

What do you think about thf using sireth (slotted devotion 114+prowless for the set bonus) instead of khopesh?

In this way you save feats to take cleave, great cleave, OC.

What do you think about:

16bard/2rogue/2fighter – 32pb

Helm: Cove helm +15 perform
    Neck: Torc of prince de Rayum II/stormreaver pendant
    Goggles: Tharne
    Robe: (?)
    Trinket: Pl. foc. of prowless (+3str)
    Bracers: Convalescence (20%healing amp.) of superior parring
    Belt: (?)
    Gloves: PDK gloves (30%healing amp., +7 str, +2con)
    Cloak: Jeweled (G: Heavy fort., C: +7 con)
    Boots: GS concordant opposition 10hp/150sp, +5 cha skills
    R1: Epic Stalker (Y: +7cha ; C: +1cha)
    R2: (?)
    Weapon: staff/greataxe

FEATS
    7+1 normal: thoughness, power attack, extended, quicken, cleave, great cleave, empower healing, (?)
    2fighter: ic: bludgeon, weapon focus: bludg
    2 epic: OC, inspire excellence
    TWISTS dance of flowers (T1), reign (T3), critical damage (T3)/unhearty reactions (T1)/cocoon (T1) when needed

STATS FoTW
    18 +6lvlup+4T+2ship+(7+3+1)items+5primal+2excellence+ 1fighter+1human=50
    8+4T+2ship+(7)items+1rogue+2excellence=24
    16 +4T+2ship+(7+2+1)items+5primal+1human+2excellence= 40
    8 +4T+2ship+2excellence=16
    8 +4T+2ship+(6)items+2excellence=22
    14+4T+2ship+2excellence+(7+1)items+2bard=32

I know adrenaline will regenerate at a bit slower rate but quarterstaff still fast compared to other thf. plus with cleaves you can regenerate faster if you have more mobs and the epic moment will be stronger. Cleaves also open the possibility to blitz in LD.

Also, I was thinking about virtuoso for the song of capering and sustaining song.

Please I would like to have a feedback

Thank you.

Korsat
    I guess it's mostly preference between THF and TWF, they are so hard to compare that it is difficult to speak of 'better'.

I am not sure sireth is the best THF weapon at the moment, but the idea stays the same (the x2 profile is a bit meh with adrenalines. I don't think quarterstaffs have a faster attack speed than greataxes if you don't have monk/rogue stuff for that.)
    But I would not recommend wasting a red slot on devotion. You sacrifice 5.5dmg per hit with that, so it is probably better to spend an item slot for an item with devotion (after all, an item that gives you 5.5dmg by itself would also be worth the slot)

I don't see the point of weapon focus: bludg, it's a horrible feat.
    Khopesh/TWF/iTWF/gTWF/eToughness would probably turn into cleave/gCleave/empowerHeal/THF/overwhelmingCritical

For gear, I still recommend dream visors.
    Purple dragon gloves are a bit underpowered, I try to put 30% amp on the bracers and 20% amp on a ravager ring if possible, since they give a bunch more than just amp. Backstabber gloves and gauntlets of immortality are both options for gloves (or maybe nether grasps + avithoul ring and no stalker)

As for virtuoso, I prefer the SP song of spellsinger (sustaining song i would probably not even bother singing). The +1 DC +10% less spellpoints song is also something I wouldn't like parting with. I feel it adds more than enthrallment+capering, but that depends on how often you run in parties and what you run, and a bit playstyle.

--"Even a very combat-oriented bard should take spellsinger, it’s just much better than warchanter and doesn’t cost an otherwise useless feat as prereq"--

This.

I was looking at getting rid of feat weapon focus slash on my warchanter....now I am thinking of redoing enhancements to go spellsinger. Your post gives me more confidence in a melle spellsinger build. Thanks.
    -------------------
    Anatir the Wild Man - Pure Barbarian
    Baldornix Magnus - Paladin 1st Life, Bard 2nd Life
    Cannith

Default Nice thread

Hail all

My main is similar build in SS. I am running THF with sireth/Oak walking stick. Have a few daxe when S&B. I carry 2x Bailzard for fun.

Feats = toughness, PA, extend, cleave, Gcleave, Maximize, Imp crit bludgeon, shield mastery, OC, inspire excellence.

Am currently in epic destiny US.

Actually find it quite fun.

Addit - will be interesting when new Enhancements come out - Bard16/fgt2/rog2 will be lessening I think.

Still GL all.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

Default what level for each class

Hi

I have a warchanter that I would like to LR. What level do you take each class?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by reddoormedia View Post
    Hi

I have a warchanter that I would like to LR. What level do you take each class?
    I went rogue on 1 and 15 (with +4 tome) for skillpoint optimization. rogue points need to go to search/disable because they would be crossclass for a bard.
    fighter on 2 and 9 for leveling convenience (you can put points in jump/search/disable and not 'waste' any)
    Code:
    Balance - Tumble - UMD - Perform - Concentration - Jump - Open - Search - Disable - (INT)
    1   rogue   4   4   4   0   2   4   4   4   4          (12)
    2   fighter 4   4   4   0   2   4   4   5   5          (12)
    3   bard    4   4   4   3   3   4   4   6   6          (12)
    4   bard    4   4   4   3   7   4   4   7   7          (13)
    5   bard    4   4   4   6   8   4   4   8   8          (13)
    6   bard    4   4   4   6   9   7   4   9   9          (13)
    7   bard    6   4   4   6   10  9   4   10  10         (14)
    8   bard    7   4   4   9   11  9   4   11  11         (14)
    9   fighter 7   4   4   9   11  12  4   12  11         (14)
    10  bard    12  4   5   9   13  13  4   12  11         (14)
    11  bard    12  4   14  9   13  13  4   12  11         (15)
    12  bard    13  4   15  12  15  15  4   12  11         (15)
    13  bard    16  4   16  15  16  16  4   12  11         (15)
    14  bard    17  4   17  17  17  16  5   12  12         (15)
    15  rogue   17  4   17  17  17  16  5   18  18         (16)
    16  bard    19  4   19  17  19  16  5   19  19         (16)
    17  bard    20  4   20  17  20  19  5   20  20         (16)
    18  bard    21  4   21  19  21  19  5   21  21         (16)
    19  bard    22  4   21  22  22  21  5   22  22         (16)
    20  bard    23  4   23  23  23  22  5   23  23         (16)
    you could drop some jump for open lock or something but i wouldn't change the rest
    Last edited by Rull; 08-15-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Default bards can do it

Hail all.

Just to contribute a little inspiration (excuse pun) to our Bard community.
    Zongen is first life 32 pt Bard 16 (SS), Ftr 2, Rog2.

Last night I tanked Reaver on EH FoT. First time ever.

US ed, S&B with celestia, flawless White Dragonhide armor; Bulwark of the Storm (shield), ring of Djini, Pale Lavender Ioun Stone (unsuppressed).

Twists: Energy Sheath (electricity), Dirge (III), Energy Burst (cold).

Playstyle - E burst, Dirge, celestia-block-celestia-block ..... repeat E burst and Dirge as they become available .... celestia-block-celestia-block etc.

Did my own healing - and took Reaver down to about 30% before party had prepped TTO and then they helped kill Reaver.

Felt very good to be a bard going an important job.

GO ALL THE BARDS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

Community Member

Default U19

If you have no clue where to start with the new enhancement, he're my first thought.

(note that this is no worked out build suggestion like the OP. It does not take gear change into account. I based this on my lvl25 u18 gear setup. will change in the future.)

Human:
    base1 1AP - damage boost 20%
    base2 2AP - Strength +1
    base3 1AP - skill boost +4
    base4 2AP - Constitution +1
    tier1 2AP - (2x) action surge Strength
    tier1 1AP - (1x) skill focus open/disable
    tier1 2AP - improved recovery I
    tier2 2AP - (2x) action surge Constitution
    tier2 2AP - improved recovery II
    tier3 2AP - improved recovery III

Spellsinger:
    base1 1AP - spellsinger
    base2 1AP - music of the sewers
    base3 1AP - music of the dead
    tier1 3AP - (3x) musical studies
    tier1 3AP - (3x) lingering song
    tier1 2AP - (2x) charlatan
    tier3 2AP - spellsong trance

spending 19 points to get spellsong vigor and arcane might (and 15 points worth of meh) doesn't sound appealing to me either.

Warchanter:
    base1 1AP - skaldic rage
    base2 1AP - fighting spirit I
    base3 1AP - song of heroism
    base4 1AP - fighting spirit II
    tier1 3AP - (3x) poetic edda
    tier1 3AP - (3x) rough and ready
    tier1 3AP - (3x) inspire bravery
    tier2 3AP - (3x) action boost sprint 50%
    tier2 1AP - (1x) Gathering cold
    tier2 2AP - iced edges
    tier3 2AP - Strength +1
    tier3 1AP - (1x) Obstinance
    tier3 2AP - Strength +1
    tier4 1AP - (1x) High spirits

Kensai:
    base1 1AP - kensai focus: heavy blades (for khopesh)
    tier1 3AP - (3x) haste boost 30%
    tier1 6AP - (3x) extra action boost
    tier1 2AP - weapon group specialization I (for khopesh)
    tier1 2AP - exotic mastery
    tier2 2AP - (1x) meditation (for khopesh)
    Yes it's marginal, for only half your weapon (usually 1 khopesh+1 balizarde, sometimes 2 khopesh, but also sometimes 2 non-khopesh)

Assassin:
    base1 1AP - assassin blank
    tier1 2AP - sneak attack training I
    tier1 2AP - (2x) shiv
    tier2 2AP - sneak attack training II
    tier2 2AP - (1x) venom 1d4

I'm not sure about spending 7 more points in warchanter to get the howl of the north. (If only the +2dmg/attack called weapon training would work on my khopesh then I would be more tempted to really go for this).
    Howl adds 10% of you noncrit damage. Say you noncrit for 70, you have seeker15, then the howl nets you 85x2/20 = 8.5dmg a swing (vs 0% fort, at the cost of 5 tohit)
    Last edited by Rull; 08-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Community Member

... The only way to effectively dump enough points into the warchanter (without spending 3 points to basically only get 12 positive spellpower) would be by spending 9 points to get inspire recklessness III

So... the Alternative:

Human:
    base2 2AP - Strength +1
    tier1 2AP - (x2) action surge Strength
    tier1 1AP - skill focus open/disable
    tier2 2AP - (x2) action surge Constitution

Spellsinger:
    base1 1AP - spellsinger
    base2 1AP - music of the sewers (mostly for +1 umd&perform)
    base3 1AP - music of the dead (mostly for +1 umd&perform)
    tier1 3AP - (x3) 100 SP and the SP feat
    tier1 3AP - (x3) lingering song
    tier1 2AP - (x2) charlatan

Warchanter:
    base1 1AP - skaldic rage
    tier2 2AP - iced edges
    tier3 2AP - Strength +1
    tier4 1AP - High spirits

tier1 3AP - (3x) attack bonus on songs +3
    tier2 3AP - (3x) recklessness prereq thingy
    tier3 3AP - (3x) ironskin chant (although DR6 is pretty marginal as i'm wearing a DR15 item myself anyway)
    tier4 3AP - (3x) inspire recklessness
    tier3 2AP - (1x) northwind (just for howl prereq. ability is bad)
    tier5 2AP - howl of the north
    tier5 2AP - weapon training (for balizarde, and triple pos warhammers)

Kensai:
    base1 1AP - kensai focus: light blades (for balizarde)
    tier1 3AP - (3x) haste boost 30%
    tier1 2AP - (1x) extra action boost

Assassin:
    base1 1AP - assassin prereq blank
    tier1 2AP - (2x) shiv

Is this better than the build in the previous post? I don't know, i'm going to try out both.
    Last edited by Rull; 08-26-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Community Member

16 Bard 2 rogue 2 ranger

Human:
    base2 2AP - Strength +1
    tier1 2AP - (2x) action surge Strength
    tier1 1AP - (1x) skill focus open/disable
    tier2 2AP - (2x) action surge Constitution

Spellsinger:
    base1 1AP - spellsinger
    base2 1AP - music of the sewers
    base3 1AP - music of the dead
    tier1 3AP - (3x) musical studies
    tier1 3AP - (3x) lingering song
    tier1 2AP - (2x) charlatan

Warchanter:
    base1 1AP - skaldic rage
    tier1 3AP - (3x) inspire bravery
    tier2 2AP - (2x) action boost sprint 40%
    tier2 2AP - iced edges
    tier3 2AP - Strength +1

Deepwood stalker:
    base1 1AP - 1d6 sneak
    tier1 3AP - (x3) animal empathy devotion
    tier1 3AP - (x3) the other animal empathy devotion

Tempest:
    base1 1AP - +2 AC
    tier1 2AP - +1 tohit/damage
    tier1 2AP - (2x) +2 reflex save
    tier2 6AP - (3x) Haste boost
    tier2 2AP - +1 tohit/damage

Assassin:
    base1 1AP - assassin blank
    tier1 2AP - (2x) shiv

Will look into 16 bard 3 ranger 1 fighter soon

I went with 16 bard 3 ranger 1 cleric. 3 ranger gives 10% off hand doublestrike, 2d6 sneak die, twf physical resistance, +75 positive spell power and some other goodies. The cleric gives divine might and also scroll mastery 75% (I am not 100% sure this stacks with the bard scroll mastery but it should). My positive spell power is 350+ with 150% scroll mastery so my cocoon, cure crits, heal scrolls, and mass spells hit hard using empower healing.

I think evasion is pretty overrated at the moment espcially since it requires such a huge investment to be effective improved evasion is quite a bit better because it requires less investment, but a bard 16 can not get improved evasion. The one negative on my build is my hit points (600 atm) is a little lowish in fatesinger, but with some investment and tweaking I hope to be 750ish range at cap.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

The two scroll masteries do not stack, I made a quick test on a new lv7 character using a Cure Mod wand.

Nontheless I have been looking at a Clr+Rng split too.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post
    The two scroll masteries do not stack, I made a quick test on a new lv7 character using a Cure Mod wand.

Nontheless I have been looking at a Clr+Rng split too.
    Hmm, yeah I just reincarnated this week and when I tried out a heal scroll something seemed weird. There was a total which was not what it should be and then there was a +100 underneath it in the text. I am not sure what was going on, but guessing its bugged and should stack or perhaps it is stacking strangely, but not quite the way it should.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

On Lamma land i poked around with a 14bard/6ranger split that performed very well. Running off of some of these posts I may try to add in 2 fighter levels or a level of cleric.

I also agree that evasion is over-hyped for bards and that bards should be really splashing for feats.

I wonder what warpriest will have in-store for us.
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 09-07-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hmm, yeah I just reincarnated this week and when I tried out a heal scroll something seemed weird. There was a total which was not what it should be and then there was a +100 underneath it in the text. I am not sure what was going on, but guessing its bugged and should stack or perhaps it is stacking strangely, but not quite the way it should.
    +100 just means it also heals all ability damage, from ability drain and such. They were lazy coding 'all', so they just heal up to 100 ability damage