Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Do you use the forum more or less after the update

After the update do you find yourself not using the forums as much...
    That is the case with me. Having to log in every time on my ipad it just to much for my lazy a$$.
    How about others..

Use them more after the forum update
    or
    Less

Post more less ?
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Less is more.
    It's definitely an N-word.

A LOT less.

The logout is annoying and I hate the layout. Also most of the posters I like to read are gone.

I keep checking in the hopes that the devs will address some of the problems but everyone at Turbine seems to have taken a vow of silence. The silence from Turbine this past week has been deafening (and telling).

Community Member

Way less, and it started with the forums getting locked on April 19th. So it's been several weeks, and these new forums are unpleasant enough that I no longer consider these forums "home."

Much less for the following reasons

- No Dev Tracker (this is a big one)
    - I've can't access my actual account (this is the other big one)
    - The logout is annoying
    - Half the Forums don't seem to work
    - I hate the new colors, I've always prefered darker colors (ie. the Black/Red one was awesome)
    - The White on white makes it difficult to use

Much less, this new one is far too much of a pain to bother posting most of the time.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

less for sure, especially if you subtract all the "what idiot decided this was a good idea" posts.

Seriously these things should have been fixed an hour or two after launch. It's mind boggling that a couple days later they made no progress at all, and here we are weeks after a competent hobbyist forum owner would have solved these problems, still being logged out after 10 or 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFailedlegend View Post
    Much less for the following reasons

- No Dev Tracker (this is a big one)
    - The logout is annoying
    - Half the Forums don't seem to work
    - I hate the new colors, I've always prefered darker colors (ie. the Black/Red one was awesome)
    - The White on white makes it difficult to use
    plus (as just happened) was logged in and went to reply and had to relog.

I have faith that things will get better - but I read much less because of the annoyance factor, and because of that I post (and others post) significantly less - which is the snake eating its own tail - because now since fewer posts, less to read.

And the lotteries kept me coming back every day - several times a day. Now - basically check for Lamannia news, sales and freebies (for guild MotD), and release notes.

PS and the image uploader is still not working for me - but at least i can see the buttons.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 05-07-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Community Member

Way Way Way Way less.

• Format is annoying, takes 5 lines to display one post meaning limited number are shown on each page.
    • The log out every 2 seconds is annoying, when i do log in the "get new posts" link displays a duplicate headers error message and doesn't show me any posts
    • Far fewer people are posting meaning there is less information to read resulting in less reason to come here... yeah, viscous cycle.
    • The problem with seeing what is coming in the future (alpha enhancements) is that it reduces my desire to play with what is now obsolete (live).
    • NWN doesn't crash every time I try to log-in, It is new enough it doesn't feel like a grind and the forums actually contain readable build posts (recent ones!). The character builds may not be as complex as DDO, but for the first 2-3 toons... the limited choices still feel like freedom.
    • DDO has competition for my business. One of the things that kept me playing DDO was reading cool, insightful and creative builds that I wanted to try out. The builds posts have dried up so I'm reading the forums less and I'm not feeling the drive to log in. I haven't seen this brilliant a business plan since JC Penny launched their lets tick off our customer base initiative. Maybe soon we'll see a DDO, "yeah we made some mistakes" commercial.

Less for all the reasons stated in this thread and countless others. If that was Turbine's goal (and I wouldn't blame them if it was) then mission accomplished.

Less at the moment!!

Annoying to get corrupted content 90% of time when logged in and having to log in every time want to post is BS.

I know we stay logged in longer now but I have to log out just to be able to surf most the time due to every time hit something it says corrupted content.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

I still read as much, but there's fewer informative posts to read.

I don't post as much, (this is my second post?) because of the account trouble. And yes, I've read and tried all the help threads on it.

I've never been a dooooooom poster, but fer crying out loud, this is redonculous!

Cheers,
    J.

I miss Dev Tracker

I actually post on them more.

Not because these ones work better.

Just decided to get more involved in the community then previously.
    Add Shifters to playable races and I'll stop complaining. Probably.

Less. Way less.

Way way way way way way less.

I've stated elsewhere that they didn't need to ban me to keep me away, they just had to change the forums to this awful mess.

I check the marketplace for my server, and I check some of the Lamannia threads. That's it these days.

Community Member

I'm using the forums about the same as I used to, so neither more nor less. I wasn't a regular poster before, but I come by a couple times a day to read the latest threads. So no change for me.

Community Member

Less due to the two reasons:
    1. autologout
    2. my forum profile not being matched to my account profile properly.

The forums are laid out fine and work responsively to my clicks like the old forums. So I am not concerned with that.

I live in Portugal. Please add more countries to the register form...

Currently I use them a little less than usual, mostly because of technical issues (too many logouts in a row, having problems reading some threads - white on white, also the pms).

Thus, I'm not playing DDO so often, so I don't feel that urge to come here either.

Altough, I end up coming here everyday. I may not write as many posts as before, but I'm around.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member

I am on the forums less and playing less, but I can't say it has much to do with the forum change itself. With all the downtime and the backward tumble out guild took with the extra decay I just kind of lost interest in DDO. My play time is reduced which is maybe a good thing. I started making fresh squeezed veggie and fruit juices a few times a day. I am half way through my 25 pound bag of carrots I bought on Saturday.

NWO is fun and will likely take a portion of my DDO time mainly because it suits my friends better. I still like my DDO toons, but I can't say playing less is really bothering all that much. The forums have never been all that important to me anyhow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast