Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

iconics... easy way to get a shroud toon to Keep farming me mats whilst i am tring my main!
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We'll have some news on this...soon. We're working on a dev diary that will help clarify some things about Iconics.
    Ah, yes, if they have to explain it all to us, then its more than a simple yes or no.

More hope for Epic TRing working with Iconics, but not regular TRing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Ah, yes, if they have to explain it all to us, then its more than a simple yes or no.
    I think you are overestimating their underestimation of their fan base.

More hope for Epic TRing working with Iconics, but not regular TRing.
    Some People say that hope is the last Thing to die.
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

Last night I created an other Bladeforged using the given default template path and directly advanced to level 15. Afterwards I chose KotC as Prestige Enhancement. I ended up with a character of ~270 HP/SP at level 15 without gear. Afterwards boosted the level to 20, following the same schema as the predefined path, choosing GTW as a feat.

Regarding the enhancements, as we have repair as class spell (great!) I further ignored the devotion line, as we sadly don't have access to the repair line. Actually I think as Bladeforged get the repair spells as a class spell, you should consider to also add the repair line to the enhancements, but that may probably mess up your enhancement tree so far. I also went so far to ignore healers friend III, ending up with ~350 HP/SP at level 20 (without gear), and further to ~420/350 HP/SP at level 25. I specifically didn't choose any ED, as I assume that a lot of new players may not have the TP/money to buy them right away, nor may have enough packs to cap it anyway. Also I wanted to see what the character itself is capable of, independent of how powerful certain ED are.

That said without gear one can use repair critical for ~40HP without proper enhancements. Lets say we equip the sora kell set we get about 50-60HP per 16SP. Using a potion of mending we can boost this to 60-70 SP. Assuming with basic gear we can easily get to more then 550 HP at level 25, one need about 10 casts for a full heal. With the huge blue bar it create the assumption one should be able to easily repair oneself, and with the concentration even through fights.

Talking about assumptions, it sound ok on paper but I wanted to look how this hold up in reality as one may get far more damage from a fight then one can repair himself. So I took this character into Genesis Point on normal, wearing a Nightblade augmented with good and silver ruby. With the damage reduction that kicks in I finished the first round solo and just came right back to the shrine as I ran out of mana. While it felt a little bit like wading through chewing gum it was ok. So yes, you may keep yourself up an running if this is the intention of the huge blue bar.

This looked however quite different when entering the High Road or Epic Gianthold explo where one quickly ran out of SP, while the damage output was lacking. Sure the Nightblade is not an ESoS, but I doubt new players will have one but have to rely on what they get from loot. Further one either can cast repair or one can fight and healers will just hate Bladeforged with -55% healing penalty. With healers friend III it is still -25%, which is quite noticeable. I mean nothing wrong about this, but new players may forget to use healers friend and clerics may have worst case assumptions. So it would get interesting to see a Bladeforged Cleric that has reconstruct as class spell

In general I think a Bladeforged FvS that get the repair line would have overall probably better suited.
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 05-13-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

http://www.ddo.com/en/articles/u18-i...eveloper-diary

If only you had posted something like this when you first released these, it would have turned a lot of the negativity around. By putting the whole thing in context people can clearly understand where you're coming from. Keep up the good work in this and other things like it. We can freely choose to agree or disagree with that you're doing, but people are less likely to throw their toys out of the pram if they can see a direction for things.

Kyle: Are Iconics able to use True Reincarnation?

Athena: We are focusing on the quality of the Iconic play experience first. While it's not included with the initial release, TR is recognized as a top priority. Ideally, we'll offer additional build flexibility first, with Lesser Reincarnation, which will allow you to change your base class in the near future.
    Interesting...

Nice write up, by the way.

Looking at the Dev Diary I see this:

Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability

Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).

Did this actually happen? I see no mention of it on the Wiki or in any of the discussions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by erdson View Post
    Looking at the Dev Diary I see this:

Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability

Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).

Did this actually happen? I see no mention of it on the Wiki or in any of the discussions so far.
    I rolled up a "path" Iconic Bladeforged Pally.
    It is level 15.
    I completely looked thru it for this and did not find it anywhere.

However, Paladins lag behind normal casters by 4 levels.
    So, it is quite possible this is a feature to be unlocked after this character gains more levels.

Since I am not intending to level this character up at this time, I cannot further assist you.

I rolled up a "path" Iconic Bladeforged Pally.
    It is level 15.
    I completely looked thru it for this and did not find it anywhere.

However, Paladins lag behind normal casters by 4 levels.
    So, it is quite possible this is a feature to be unlocked after this character gains more levels.

Since I am not intending to level this character up at this time, I cannot further assist you.
    Yeah, I rolled one up too and took the pre-path out of the forge. I looked for both unique abilities and couldn't find them anywhere. I suppose I understand the waiting until a higher for the Reconstruct, but why make it 10HP/level, with a max of 150 (15 levels), if we won't get it until after you can max it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Yeah, I rolled one up too and took the pre-path out of the forge. I looked for both unique abilities and couldn't find them anywhere. I suppose I understand the waiting until a higher for the Reconstruct, but why make it 10HP/level, with a max of 150 (15 levels), if we won't get it until after you can max it out?
    At a guess I think these abilities come from the enhancement pass and since it's not out yet neither are they.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Default Issues

Bladeforged as it stands gets heal as a class skill, please exchange it for repair.
    And they currently get cure spells where repair spells were promised.
    And their enhancement line adds to positive spell effects, please change it to repair effects.

Until this happens, i'm deleting my Bladeforged.

Possible uses for bladeforged multiclassing include

2 paladin/18 sorc
    2 paladin/2 ranger/16 artificer Juggernaught build
    6 paladin/2 monk/12 sorc killingspree build
    2 paladin/2 monk / 16 sorc Tukaw build

Although with the new enhancement pass these builds may change

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    Bladeforged as it stands gets heal as a class skill, please exchange it for repair.
    And they currently get cure spells where repair spells were promised.
    If you are taking Paladin levels you should be getting Repair spells in your spell list, in addition to Cure spells, live on U18 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    If you are taking Paladin levels you should be getting Repair spells in your spell list, in addition to Cure spells, live on U18 right now.
    I did.

Did not see Reconstruct, but have many repairs.

Default Known issue (sort of)

I did.

Did not see Reconstruct, but have many repairs.
    Apparently this will only be available when the expansion launches:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There was an unfortunate miscommunication that led Bladeforged abilities coming in the Shadowfell Conspiracy to be put into the dev diary without clarification that the abilities would be available upon the expansion's release (which understandably led folks to believe that they would be available on their Bladeforged characters upon the release of Update 18.)

The following abilities WILL be available on your Bladeforged characters when the Shadowfell Conspiracy is released:

• Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability
    • Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.
    • Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:
    +20% Action Boost bonus to weapon damage.
    +30 Action Boost bonus to Universal Spell Power.
    +4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws. While under this effect you do not automatically fail saving throws on a roll of a natural 1.
    +10 Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.

As stated in the game, Bladeforged should currently get:

• Your strong faith increases the strength of your Paladin Aura of Good, giving +2 Armor Class and +1 to all saving throws.
    • Blade Absorption: You take -10% Slashing damage. When you take Slashing damage, you gain +1 stacking PRR for three seconds (up to +20 PRR). Stacks fade 1 at a time as metal bits fall off.
    • Your positive healing is reduced -10% compared to other Warforged (-5% starting positive damage vulnerability).
    • Your combat abilities on behalf of the Warforged race grants you the following magic as you gain Paladin spell levels:
      • ?Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Moderate Damage
      • Mass Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Serious Damage
      • Mass Repair Moderate Damage
      • Repair Critical Damage
      • Mass Repair Serious Damage

Additionally, Bladeforged trade their -2 CHA modifier at character creation for a -2 DEX modifier. They also get the typical warforged bonuses and protections.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Default A few small problems with bladeforged

1) Bladesworn Transformation is still a trap. It needs to be changed similarly to how Tenser's Transformation was recently changed.

2) No way to TR into or out of Bladeforged.

3) There is no tutorial of any kind. There needs to be some way for new players whose first character is an Iconic character to learn about game mechanics. How about a tutorial quest in which the player is shown how to use their hot bar, the effects of healing/repair spells, then a fight or two in which they get to practice what they've learned. Heck, throw in an optional in which the player can earn some platinum. That will make getting gear easier.

4) No money. It will be hard for new players to earn platinum, which is used to buy gear, potions, spell components, etc.

Gives spells but I guess there should be some way to add Repair as a class skill for a Bladeforged Paladin, at least when/if Spellcraft comes in addition with heal and repair changes.

So far this iconic system looks promising, just need to allow reincarnation of old characters into them. ^^

Yes, please do change the Bladesworn Transformation ability, and don't foget to change the description for it when you do it. ^^
    Last edited by Syrophir; 05-29-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Moved from Keeper/EU to Thelanis (2010)
    Guild: aLiclan Mains: Ichilphrion (FvS) Shyntaghar (Rogue) Xilphare (Artificer) Xyrathur (Wizard)
    Low tolerance for grind.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    1) Bladesworn Transformation is still a trap. It needs to be changed similarly to how Tenser's Transformation was recently changed.

2) No way to TR into or out of Bladeforged.

3) There is no tutorial of any kind. There needs to be some way for new players whose first character is an Iconic character to learn about game mechanics. How about a tutorial quest in which the player is shown how to use their hot bar, the effects of healing/repair spells, then a fight or two in which they get to practice what they've learned. Heck, throw in an optional in which the player can earn some platinum. That will make getting gear easier.

4) No money. It will be hard for new players to earn platinum, which is used to buy gear, potions, spell components, etc.
    I agree with the first three... mostly. On #3 - There should be an iconic character tutorial, or at the very least, put up a warning saying something along the lines of "Warning: This is your first character, and you've not ran a tutorial; it is highly recommended that you run a tutorial before proceeding with creating an Iconic!".

On #4 - I disagree - Although you'd get no experience for it, you can still run lower level quests (with great ease, I might add) to obtain platinum - the over-level penalty applies only to EXP, not loot. Additionally, you can farm the wand of fire/acid/lightning/cold ball spell for decent platinum per wand.

Tempest Spine is also a great raid to farm for platinum given it's high volume of chests and lack of a timer - the ultimate tutorial raid that teaches newer players the importance of teamwork and having a balanced party (you need trappers, lock pickers, tanks, arcanes, and of course, healers). With great exp per run, it's a fantastic raid to run on Elite.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

An option for having reconstruct regardless of class?

Wow...

The smit evil does not work correct you do cleve instead
    Squeak's Army

Community Member

I cant believe i bought the "Prestige " advertising **** for $50 hard earned unrefundable dollars

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast