Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hey, here's an idea for you folks at Turbine:

Since the new race features some new looks...
    How about letting us just pick up the look as a new playable race? (Sub race of WF? same exact stats, just the new look)

Now THAT I'd buy.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The path for Bladeforged is designed primarily for new players. Iconics themselves are not intended to be as focused in who they interest.
    I'm a bit disappointed that this is the one point you chose to address out of my feedback. Still, it forces me to ask: If Iconics are to be interesting to the community at large, do you not need to remove the reincarnation restriction and the positive energy penalty? At the very least?

Please go over in detail what your goals are and how the BF design meets those goals. From our current perspective it seems underwhelming.

Community Member

Is there a topic or something with FULL info for the bladeforged ? (are you stuck with the path or you can make a custom one dex based for example and so on .. like FULL info)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HajutzeBG View Post
    Is there a topic or something with FULL info for the bladeforged ? (are you stuck with the path or you can make a custom one dex based for example and so on .. like FULL info)
    You can customize like any other class.

Intimidate, Heal, Bluff and Concentration are Class Skills.

They get Lay on Hands and <something I forgot>

Basically they are Tincan Paladins.... and as such they have their First level as Mandatory 'Paladin'.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

VIP or TP-only ?

Community Member

Can you customize the starting stats? If so, why are people moaning so much about the starting stats? If that's just something that comes with the 'path' build, then who cares?

Also, the idea that starting with 16 strength, and 14 wisdom, as opposed to 18 strength and 8 wisdom makes the difference between a gimp build and an uber one, that's pretty hilarious. I completely understand the thinking behind not wanting new players to end in a situation where they can't cast spells. Besides, it has the unconsidered bonus that you don't NEED to wear a wisdom item.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Who is interested in iconics? 100% serious question. Who would be interested, by your metrics, in a class that starts at level 15, but is unable to reincarnate at all?
    Just finished capping life #30 on Fawngate, and I will honestly say I am very interested in
    iconics despite the TR lock out.

First, I have to realize that sooner or later there will be new classes for Fawngate,
    as well as a possible huge grind for whatever epic completionist is.
    Add to that, grinding out level 10 in all epic destinies someday.

So, with all the potential "grind" for my main toon, along with my two other favorites,
    it might be nice in a round about way to have some toons that will be one life and done.
    It is also kinda of nice that Fawngate is not suddenly faced with 15 more lives to
    achieve uber completionist on top of what she already needs.

I have 40 character slots on my only account.
    Of that 40, I can easily delete and reroll 30 of them after transferring items.

Hey, I might even play some of these, knowing its a "dead end" path of only
    850k xp + 3 million xp plus whatever it takes to get from level 25 to 30 which might
    be another
    900k + 150k for level 26
    900k +300k for level 27
    900k +450k for level 28
    900k +600k for level 29
    900k +750k for level 30

Hmmm...anyone got a calculator?

These sound like fun, and if the epic completionist is near what I think it is,
    we are going to find that the game is adding more variations in play style:
    Super Grind epic completionist
    as well as
    Straight to the top Iconice and then done.

At level 30 with twists and 10 levels of epic destinies, they should hold up well.
    A wizard type might have a bit of trouble with spell pen, but otherwise, they should be ok.
    Heroic past lives like +3 damage for 3 monk past lives, might be kinda blah at level 30.

We have to assume they may remove any gear we give them, so this is the minimum we are comfortable giving them.
    Darn tooting they are going to remove level 15 gear when they start doing
    epic gianthold / prison city and get some uber stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    If it's not designed for the vets, why have them test it? Their playstyles and feedback will vastly differ from the people you're counting on using this stuff.

Seems like more wasted development time.

Oh well. At least it's not as bad as the enhancement pass.
    A new player would have no basis for comparison, and for all we know, new people on Lamannia are testing it.

A veteran will have a pretty good handle on what the part of the game was like for their primary characters, and if they approach things objectively, they can give feedback based on their prior experience versus the experience they had with the Iconic. Even if they never mean to invest in Iconics themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Just finished capping life #30 on Fawngate, and I will honestly say I am very interested in
    iconics despite the TR lock out.

First, I have to realize that sooner or later there will be new classes for Fawngate,
    as well as a possible huge grind for whatever epic completionist is.
    Add to that, grinding out level 10 in all epic destinies someday.

So, with all the potential "grind" for my main toon, along with my two other favorites,
    it might be nice in a round about way to have some toons that will be one life and done.
    It is also kinda of nice that Fawngate is not suddenly faced with 15 more lives to
    achieve uber completionist on top of what she already needs.

I have 40 character slots on my only account.
    Of that 40, I can easily delete and reroll 30 of them after transferring items.
    That's you. I dare say, you aren't typical ;-)

Hey, I might even play some of these, knowing its a "dead end" path of only
    850k xp + 3 million xp plus whatever it takes to get from level 25 to 30 which might
    be another
    900k + 150k for level 26
    900k +300k for level 27
    900k +450k for level 28
    900k +600k for level 29
    900k +750k for level 30

Hmmm...anyone got a calculator?

These sound like fun, and if the epic completionist is near what I think it is,
    we are going to find that the game is adding more variations in play style:
    Super Grind epic completionist
    as well as
    Straight to the top once and then done.

At level 30 with twists and 10 levels of epic destinies, they should hold up well.
    A wizard type might have a bit of trouble with spell pen, but otherwise, they should be ok.
    Heroic past lives like +3 damage for 3 monk past lives, might be kinda blah at level 30.
    The problems are ...

For new players: Getting there and realizing that while some builds work with no past lives, the PLs help on others ... and that with this they are now effectively stuck.
    For older players: They may be happy to TR INTO one of these, if that were possible. I mean, you have all that gear, right?

I have two toons I'd consider TRing INTO one of these, but I'm highly unlikely to recommend them to new friends or bother with them myself if they are completely out of the TR spectrum (TR into, TR from).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

If the Devs reverse their decision TRing, I certainly will not object.

Community Member

From the wiki

Additional Bladeforged feat:
    Increases Aura of Good: +2 AC and +1 saving throws
    -10% Slashing damage, +1 PRR for 3 sec (up to 20+ PRR)
    Positive healing reduced -10%
    Grants Repair Light, Moderate, Serious, Critical and Mass Repair Light, Moderate, Serious Damage spells

Does this mean that at one point (after 1 minute ?) you'll have -10% slashing damage and +20 PRR ? I mean how do you get to the up to +20 part.

From the wiki

Additional Bladeforged feat:
    Increases Aura of Good: +2 AC and +1 saving throws
    -10% Slashing damage, +1 PRR for 3 sec (up to 20+ PRR)
    Positive healing reduced -10%
    Grants Repair Light, Moderate, Serious, Critical and Mass Repair Light, Moderate, Serious Damage spells

Does this mean that at one point (after 1 minute ?) you'll have -10% slashing damage and +20 PRR ? I mean how do you get to the up to +20 part.
    The way I read it is:

It means that if you are standing in the market buying more potions from a vendor,
    and an awesome Bladeforged bursts into the marketplace and honors you with his/her
    presence by standing beside you then you would gain a bonus +1 PPR every 3 second
    until the somber moment when he/she leaves your side to "go forth and do heroic things"...

In the event this awesome hero actually stands near you for a full minute then you
    maxed out by his/her awesomeness and don't receive more than the +20 PPR.

{If you actually are lucky enough to be a bladeforged, you can stand beside
    yourself all day long.}

Community Member

And does the super special awesome character gains that bonus himself ? (I assume yes ? and I assume it is -10% slashing +20 PRR and not -200% slashing +20 PRR xD)

And does the super special awesome character gains that bonus himself ? (I assume yes ? and I assume it is -10% slashing +20 PRR and not -200% slashing +20 PRR xD)
    If -200% slashing means I get healed for whatever amount of slashing damage I would have taken then the healing amp penalty wouldn't seem so bad.

And does the super special awesome character gains that bonus himself ? (I assume yes ?
    Aye
    and I assume it is -10% slashing +20 PRR and not -200% slashing +20 PRR xD)
    Aye

...For instance, we never want a brand new Paladin player to end up in a situation where they can't cast their spells. This is why they must have a 14 Wisdom: We have to assume they may remove any gear we give them, so this is the minimum we are comfortable giving them...
    Don't want to sound rude, but do you guys actually play your characters and how? While outdated did you guys read Junts article about Paladins, because the stat distribution still holds true!

I remember years ago (even before we where able to reincarnate), I started a paladin that had put points in wisdom instead of charisma as how I was used to in the pen and paper version. I got him to I guess level 8 or 9 when I was totally disappointed and stopped playing him. Gladly years later I was able to recover from this mistake via a greater reincarnation.

Please don't teach new players bad ideas if you not want to disappoint them. I mean even the basic starter gear of the lvl 4 veteran already provide +2/+3 stat bonus including the +2 favour tome this are already +4 stat points.

Unfortunately the Bladeforged I created didn't got any starter gear, however I guess this will change and then give them a +5/+6 item (e.g. the sora kell set) and reduce that WIS at least down to 10! Everything higher is just madness...

PS: I agree actually to what someone before said, that it would be nice to have en enhancement and stat guide for new players. This if possible also more in a graphical way and not as a wall of text (dunno if those chat boxes allow more then golden text on black background). I mean we usually have some hints on the right what are the important stats, but most new players probably don't really take a look but want to start in the game...
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 05-13-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I have two toons I'd consider TRing INTO one of these, but I'm highly unlikely to recommend them to new friends or bother with them myself if they are completely out of the TR spectrum (TR into, TR from).
    Fawn is going play what if?

What if somewhere in Forgotten Realms there is this cool dude called?
    Well what shall we call him?
    How about http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Drizzt

And Drizzt being an Epic sort of guy offer the Epic TR option (coming Soontm to a game near you).

This Epic TR thing is only available if you are level 30.

This Epic TR thing allow you to become either a level 1 normal class or a level 15 iconic class?

The iconic classes become the "new completionist path" mentioned by producer Glen's letter.

Since iconic classes start you at 15, normal TRing is not available for them, so Kruzt is completely locked out for them.

This cool dude might offer Epic Respecting, if you ask him nicely, then again, he might not?

Well, what you think about that?

I mean I cannot see any other new completionist path on the horizon.
    Imho, all epic destinies done has its own reward system.

Community Member

I wonder if they will allow tring from one iconic into other iconic classes when/if they get those up and running. That would be kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AlteredState View Post
    I wonder if they will allow tring from one iconic into other iconic classes when/if they get those up and running. That would be kinda cool.
    Aye, a whole new code for iconic epic TRing.

(Allowing an Iconic to epic TR into a regular class and vice versa would prevent no deads ends.)
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 05-13-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast