Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davellfus View Post
    i don't think they should be TRable...

    why would you roll a normal character if you could roll a iconic, get more stuff, and tr to be anything you like, while keeping all the extra stuff?

    honestly this is just another damn waste of dev time, that could be giving us a new race or class, or more epic feats and so on... (or who knows, fixing the damn bugs that still exists in the epic destinies!)
    Problem is, if you can't TR them after you cap them, they become a dead end toon. Like you said a waste of dev time. So either the TR aspect is broken or it's wasted time. Either way seems like typical Turbine. Sure you can keep it capped and run endgame content, but if you ever decide that TR'ing is something you'd like to do later, then all the work you put into that iconic toon is wasted. TR'ing is a way to keep going after you reach level cap. Many players enjoy the TR game more than the epic endgame. At bare minimum, Turbine should state their intentions quite clearly so players don't get trapped into a dead end.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I'd assume the intended purpose is
    Roll, Gather account mats in house C.
    Delete.

    You start off at 15, so it makes it useful for... Just about that unless they add a way to TR em.

    Especially considering the store is offline, and I can not lesser TR into something other then paladin. Worst class in game when capped!?

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Not only can you not TR, but you cant even LR if you mess up when you are creating the character---for vets who know what they are doing, maybe thats not too much of an issue, but for new players, especially with paladins, its easy to really mess up feats or stat points. And ultimately they are a dead end---no way to improved beyond level 25 with past lives or 34 or 36 point builds, no way to get epic xp without running the same quests to infinity or <shudders> even worse...challenges.

    I love the story behind them, and I love the look...those were major nice ideas and designs. But a character that effectively cant grow is ultimately a waste of time character slot and money.

  4. #24
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    No TR means useless junk and a waste of developer resources. Players by and large are not going to be excited by the concept of either ignoring their main toons or being unable to advance their new uber toon in power through TRs.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  5. #25
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    The only thing I have to say so far is that they look really badass.

    I just died a little inside after I had to switch to my stupid butter faced half elf after playing a bladeforge.
    Post a picture man, all I've been really getting out of this is no one is willing to worry about these things. I wanna see what they look like!!

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Most people don't TR all their characters. Having the option to make a slightly more powerful character that can't be TRed is good.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    If they're not TR-able, then they're not for the leveling crowd.
    If they're limited in choices, they're not for the min-maxing crowd.
    So this is for the end-game crowd? The ones that have already spent years gathering gear on their other toons?

    I honestly can't see who the target audience is for this. I'd never play one myself.

    If you want to throw in a purchasable "Bladeforged" feat and have it work with the rest of the game is one thing, but the whole level 15/can't TR/Junk gear/Limiting build combination just seems pointless.

  8. #28
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    If bladeforged ends up including the option of pure clerics and favored souls as well, I will make one.

    Sure it won't be as powerful as a multi TR-ed toon that can do it all, but I'd still be able to raid heal, and swing a 2hander, ie. make a moderately useful toon, even if it is leaning towards being a heal bot.

  9. #29
    Community Member ~Taeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waterworks
    Posts
    27

    Default

    since we really don't know what iconic heroes is really. im assuming its more of you take a preset class aka bladesworn jump right into the battle. its not terrible like you all make it out to be. sure pallies aren't exactly the best dps but some people do actually like them.


    hell ill probably buy it because i like the idea of having a wf pally with repair spells. its nice imo. Sure i will have to gear it up but that doesnt bother me. Remember everyone this is a preset type build dont start knocking it just because you dont like its a pally. Wait to see the other iconic heroes.

  10. #30
    Community Member ~Taeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Waterworks
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marthesis_ View Post
    If they're not TR-able, then they're not for the leveling crowd.
    If they're limited in choices, they're not for the min-maxing crowd.
    So this is for the end-game crowd? The ones that have already spent years gathering gear on their other toons?

    I honestly can't see who the target audience is for this. I'd never play one myself.

    If you want to throw in a purchasable "Bladeforged" feat and have it work with the rest of the game is one thing, but the whole level 15/can't TR/Junk gear/Limiting build combination just seems pointless.
    druids weren't allowed to be tred at start. So who says they wont allow this later on? I dont know why people are jumping on this. Now granted if they would actually put up the release notes then we could have that question answered.

  11. #31
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    since we really don't know what iconic heroes is really. im assuming its more of you take a preset class aka bladesworn jump right into the battle. its not terrible like you all make it out to be. sure pallies aren't exactly the best dps but some people do actually like them.


    hell ill probably buy it because i like the idea of having a wf pally with repair spells. its nice imo. Sure i will have to gear it up but that doesnt bother me. Remember everyone this is a preset type build dont start knocking it just because you dont like its a pally. Wait to see the other iconic heroes.
    With no enhancments for reconstruction spwr, i think that you could probably do more healing with cures than your repairs if you have good hamp and devotion but I haven't tested this.

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    With no enhancments for reconstruction spwr, i think that you could probably do more healing with cures than your repairs if you have good hamp and devotion but I haven't tested this.
    Excellent point, without repair spellpower those spells are going to be useless.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  13. #33
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeb View Post
    druids weren't allowed to be tred at start. So who says they wont allow this later on? I dont know why people are jumping on this. Now granted if they would actually put up the release notes then we could have that question answered.
    but even Druids were allowed to Lesser TR, Iconic cant even do that.

  14. #34
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Personally, I'd love an option that allowed me to spike to a higher level on a different class mix (Bladeforged being one of then) - from a TR or from a first time character.

    A second+ life character shouldn't get the gear. If it had first life XP requirements, it shouldn't be able to use passive/active past life feats and shouldn't grant any from that life.


    I've got a few characters I'd LOVE to spin back up to cap with a different build, but that I'm not super crazy about getting the PL feats for them. Maybe I like the character, maybe I want to re-use the gear, maybe I want to fix something that I horribly broke, or maybe I just like the name.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marthesis_ View Post
    If they're not TR-able, then they're not for the leveling crowd.
    If they're limited in choices, they're not for the min-maxing crowd.
    So this is for the end-game crowd? The ones that have already spent years gathering gear on their other toons?

    I honestly can't see who the target audience is for this. I'd never play one myself.

    If you want to throw in a purchasable "Bladeforged" feat and have it work with the rest of the game is one thing, but the whole level 15/can't TR/Junk gear/Limiting build combination just seems pointless.
    I think its easy really to see. If you are starting to play, you like the game and you just bought a shiny new VIP subscription (or got it as a gift). So now you have access to everything in the game ...

    But you have no clue how to build a character for lvl 15 and up. You have no gear you can switch over, and likely you have no friends in higher lvl guild who can help you out
    So what now? Play the harbor and marketplace until you get bored?

    Instead you can now dip in some TP, get yourself a character-build that you would have trouble making without the experience (Paladin is great - but its hard to get working on a first life!) and you can have fun at more than just low lvl. This hooks you up, makes you understand the game, and stick with it (either going on to better characters, or just loving the nice looking gear on this one).

    Now, I myself would probably not buy this, because I remember the first veteran characters I made in classes I did not know (druid, Art, or even my first 4th lvl Bard!). Basically I had no clue how to play them. But it does allow people to get into higher lvl content to see what the game offers there, so it should help keep everyone playing.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tirbaalis View Post
    I think its easy really to see. If you are starting to play, you like the game and you just bought a shiny new VIP subscription (or got it as a gift). So now you have access to everything in the game ...

    But you have no clue how to build a character for lvl 15 and up. You have no gear you can switch over, and likely you have no friends in higher lvl guild who can help you out
    So what now? Play the harbor and marketplace until you get bored?

    Instead you can now dip in some TP, get yourself a character-build that you would have trouble making without the experience (Paladin is great - but its hard to get working on a first life!) and you can have fun at more than just low lvl. This hooks you up, makes you understand the game, and stick with it (either going on to better characters, or just loving the nice looking gear on this one).

    Now, I myself would probably not buy this, because I remember the first veteran characters I made in classes I did not know (druid, Art, or even my first 4th lvl Bard!). Basically I had no clue how to play them. But it does allow people to get into higher lvl content to see what the game offers there, so it should help keep everyone playing.
    Would be way better if the Paths of the normal classes got repaired & improved instead of tossing newbs into midlvl content where they got not a single clue and groups usually only run elite and it takes forever to find groups for normal/hard.
    Also difficulty increases a lot by lvl15, they will never know what hit them and just get frustrated.

    Only people i can see use this and not get frustrated are long time & elite player and both wont be happy about no TR.

    cmon,
    just remember the first stone wave,
    as hordes of newbs got pawned by a single acid elemental.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  17. #37
    Community Member Loromir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    I have 12 character slots. 2 of them are mules, so really 10 Characters that get any playing time. There is no way I'm gonna TR all 10 of those. As it is about 4 of those 10 almost never get played. Only 2 of the 10 have ever been TR'd and one of those 1 only TR'd 1 time. So really, I only have one toon that is a TR train toon.

    I will gladly reroll one of my toons into a Bladeforged Paladin, and won't be too concerned if I can't TR.

    Unless you have made completionist on every character in your stable, I don't see how this new class is a loser.

  18. #38
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I will gladly reroll one of my toons into a Bladeforged Paladin, and won't be too concerned if I can't TR.
    Like I said above, I wouldn't mind if these were TR-null - ish. Some balance of ...
    - Don't let characters on a Bladeforged life gain a passive PL feat for that life
    - Don't let characters who TR from Bladeforged have 34/36 point builds as appropriate
    - Don't increment XP required to level a Bladeforged (if you don't get the extra stat points, you shouldn't get the XP curve)
    - Characters who TR into a Bladeforged get less gear

    etc.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  19. #39
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,196

    Default

    Its nothing more than a convenience button to attract players from other MMOs who do not understand the mechanics of building a D&D based toon. Its not meant to be in addition to the power one can already have in this game, but a different path entirely.

    Veteran players should just keep going with their old toons.

  20. #40
    Community Member ~NiborRis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Its nothing more than a convenience button to attract players from other MMOs who do not understand the mechanics of building a D&D based toon. Its not meant to be in addition to the power one can already have in this game, but a different path entirely.

    Veteran players should just keep going with their old toons.
    That would be fine - if it wasn't coming with the expansion pack and very likely to be included in the pre-order bundles that include the desirable unique pre-order goodies, whatever those happen to be.

    I'm not sure I like the business plan of making premium content that only newer players will have an interest in, either. The "content to encourage new players to play" should be the free part, that's the freemium model, right?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload