Default Old Forum Account vs New Forum Account: Borked?

So....

I logged in for this first time in a while, since this "new" forum is up and running. I put in my old name "ddo.rsmo.pt" and password.

It asks me for a handler name, and I say "well, about time they let us change the name of the forum user". I enter "Gaeryus". It asks if I'm from Canada or the US (apparently, while I was gone, the world was reduced to those two countries).

I log in, and apparently it created a new user. It did not associate to the old one.

I'm unable to log on the old forum account, because the login name is the same.

Not all people seem to have this problem, judging by the number of posts. How can I get my forum user back?

Thanks in advance

P.S: What did we accomplish with this "new" forum?

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default You encountered what around 85% of us encountered

But with you coming here a week after implementation you missed the worst part of the changeover.

BTW, there is a post dated May 3 that Tolero says they are working on it.

Welcome new user!!!
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Community Member

To get your old account back you will have to file a CS ticket at the support.turbine.com website, and then wait...and wait...and wait...and maybe one day it will come back.
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

Community Member

Meh, I really enjoyed reading these forums, but ever since the change I don't bother quite as much anymore and I'm also on a break from the game now. Without good forums the game is no fun for me.

Thumbs down

And apparently signatures line limit is now for the code of the signature itself, instead of the displayed signature.

The one below no longer appears to work, although it is set on the old account...

I gueeesssss.... I can always copy/paste it at the end of each message (static)...

P.S: Dump this forum, raise the other one.

~ Gaeryus (Sorc18/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (13Mnk/7Rog)(L5) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal18/Mnk2)(L2) Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1) Flamebeard ~
    Captain of the Flying Fock ~ ~ Nothing Personal ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs™

Same problem here. Had to create a new account to use the forums. Also had to select "Canada" because you get an error if you choose US.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Had to find a thread where I could test something... sorry for the interruption.

EDIT: Ok, well now it's letting me use my old account. If I swap user names at the top of the page every time I load a new thread. I hate this forum change.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~