Community Member

Default final destination wayfinder?

Hello Community,

i like tell you something very frustrating today. And I hope i'll get some attension from Tolero or Cordavan.

Long time ago the German Server Wayfinder launched and some Player transfered all there Characters to that Server.

Playing there was fine the first weeks, but now the Server is nearly dead. It's not possible to find a group on that server, so I quit playing ddo. It made no sence to me waiting serveral hours to find some people to play with.

Please Toloro or Cordovan, if you read this. Tell your Boss about that Situation. It's really sad. I am playing DDO since Release and I love the Game.

Please, let us transfer our chars to another Server or merge it with an other one.

thanks

Cy

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Is there any lag on your server?

I am sorry that the Wayfinder Server is kaput for you.

I want to know if there is any lag on that server. It is probably a lot less.

There is a bright side to this for you. If you have played there a long time, that means you have received many turbine points on it. If you go to a new server you can rack them up again and get the bonus points for being on a new server at 100, 500, 1000, etc.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNameIwasntB4 View Post
    I am sorry that the Wayfinder Server is kaput for you.

I want to know if there is any lag on that server. It is probably a lot less.

There is a bright side to this for you. If you have played there a long time, that means you have received many turbine points on it. If you go to a new server you can rack them up again and get the bonus points for being on a new server at 100, 500, 1000, etc.
    Since the last ribbon update, several Players experience a 4-6 seconds lag on wayfinder, completely random, from time to time. Annoying if in the thick of mobs but otherwise nothing grave compared to the likes of Thelanis, Canith or Sarlona I have played as well.

Otherwise Wayfinder usually is very lag-free. But devoid of groups as well.

Best still to join a guild like Superiority Complex on Wayfinder. At least these have plenty of Players to form groups.

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Since the last ribbon update, several Players experience a 4-6 seconds lag on wayfinder, completely random, from time to time. Annoying if in the thick of mobs but otherwise nothing grave compared to the likes of Thelanis, Canith or Sarlona I have played as well.

Otherwise Wayfinder usually is very lag-free. But devoid of groups as well.

Best still to join a guild like Superiority Complex on Wayfinder. At least these have plenty of Players to form groups.
    Confirms my old statements where I always said lag was caused by the QTY of players. ON the old Risia Test server there was never lag because no one was ever on it. I played on Risia for around five months, when Turbine then pulled the plug on it and was getting ready to launch F2P. BTW, Risia was before Lamannia.

Don't ask me why they pulled the plug on it. My guess is because there were going to bring over players high level characters from the OPEN server and they wanted people to be able to use their current characters instead of having to roll up new ones, or have character merge problems because I rolled up a character named yadayadayada but yadayadayada was already taken by a founder on the Fernia server. (that is an example)

BTW, Fernia is one of the old original servers that went through the first server merge and Fernians went to Ghallanda.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!