Default shadow of a doubt incompletable sometimes

Ran shadow of a doubt and at one staged fight with an npc the last shadow slipped under the barrier and the npc kept trying to go after it with the shadow agroed on it. The shadow would not come back under the barrier at all, which borqued the quest pretty good.

Since the dang bug tool doesnt seem to be working for me, heres my bug report, i'll try it again later, but never the less, heres the only bug report i can make right this minuite.

I had this happen to me but the shadows can pass through the barriers so you just need to run away and hope they follow you.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Thank you for letting us know about this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    Ran shadow of a doubt and at one staged fight with an npc the last shadow slipped under the barrier and the npc kept trying to go after it with the shadow agroed on it. The shadow would not come back under the barrier at all, which borqued the quest pretty good.

Since the dang bug tool doesnt seem to be working for me, heres my bug report, i'll try it again later, but never the less, heres the only bug report i can make right this minuite.
    Hello Xaxx and Squeak!

This happened to my Wife and I as well. In fact, it happened with at least one Shadow in each wave. I tried to Intimidate the thing towards me, but no luck. I was able to use my Paladin Turn Undead through the barrier, but that just stunned the thing. I can't tell if it gets stuck because the Knight Captain is so aggro on it, or if the Shadow just spawns there during the fight and never quite gets through. We tried a couple of things, but ultimately, my Wife's Cleric's Implosion did it in. When it happened again, that was how we resolved it.

That's not a solution for, say, a bunch of fighters, but it might give some folks a work around in the mean time. Strangely, her positive energy burst couldn't get to the thing, go figure.

Regards,

Chasmyr and Vennysha

shadows wigged out, couldn't complete. Then client crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

This is still happening on live. Had it happening twice in a row.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post
    This is still happening on live. Had it happening twice in a row.
    Yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Chasmyr View Post
    Hello Xaxx and Squeak!

This happened to my Wife and I as well. In fact, it happened with at least one Shadow in each wave. I tried to Intimidate the thing towards me, but no luck. I was able to use my Paladin Turn Undead through the barrier, but that just stunned the thing. I can't tell if it gets stuck because the Knight Captain is so aggro on it, or if the Shadow just spawns there during the fight and never quite gets through. We tried a couple of things, but ultimately, my Wife's Cleric's Implosion did it in. When it happened again, that was how we resolved it.

That's not a solution for, say, a bunch of fighters, but it might give some folks a work around in the mean time. Strangely, her positive energy burst couldn't get to the thing, go figure.

Regards,

Chasmyr and Vennysha
    My solution was to recall out, take the xp hit, while my friend stayed in the shadow box.
    I was able to walk up to the outside of the shadow area and kill the offending shadow.
    My friend continued attacking the shadows that spawned after this.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Thank you for letting us know about this issue!
    Thank you for listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I had this happen to me but the shadows can pass through the barriers so you just need to run away and hope they follow you.
    We did, the captain npc did not at point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post

This describes my problem best.

The captain NPC will occasionally focus on a shadow and center himself upon the shadow.
    This NPCs digital box will physically block the shadow from entering the shadow wall.
    As the shadow moves, the Captain moves as well, mirroring the shadows moves,
    and continuing to block the shadow.
    The shadow wall prevents anyone from killing the shadow by normal means.
    Since it is the last shadow in a spawn group, there is only the one shadow left for the captain to focus on.

The solution to this is to tinker with the captains artificial intelligence.
    Make the captain move away from the wall at least some of the time,
    long enough to ensure he lets shadows into the area.
    The captain really is not essential for the players to survive, so if he is a bit
    random some of the time that will be ok.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time the in-game bug reporting tool is down.

To submit a bug please visit http://ddobugs.turbine.com?task=ticket
    Done.

I managed to complete this finally by standing and fighting in the spot where the shadow and the Purple Dragon Knight bug out.
    Orien- Kelerak(completionist)/Cetus, Keleryn/Zeus, Kertha/Ice Bard, Kelerah/Barbarian
    ]

Community Member

Default Shadows are too scared of me

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post
    I managed to complete this finally by standing and fighting in the spot where the shadow and the Purple Dragon Knight bug out.
    I tried that. It didn't work, the captain still toyed with the one last shadow.

I decided, considering my frustration running it three times to no avail, to let the captain fend for himself. I know, it's not very heroic of me, but hey, if he had it his way... we'd stay there in the shadowfell forever.

At the start of the fight I climbed to the top of the ramp and let the shadows munch on the captain. The captain being more resilient than I envisioned, killed all of the shadows attacking him. A couple ran up the ramp after me, and the captain followed. I'm thinking to myself, "Cool, captain's on the ramp, can't block any more shadows." I run down the ramp and finish off the last two of the first wave. Then I wait... and wait... the captain is still at the top of the ramp. The wizard is in her globe of invulnerability. Still no shadows.... I run all over, nothing....

I filed a bug report, figure I'll wait til there's a patch before I waste any more time running that damned quest.