Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default Bladeforged Pally 2 / Sorc 18

    Would this work?
    It seems like it would be basically like a typical wf sorc 18 / pally 2 except:
    you would have +2 cha and -2 dex
    you would have to take a pally level first, which would mostly hurt at lvl 6

    any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Isn't 18 Sorc | 2 Pally one of the best builds out there? Having +2Cha would make it more than awesome surely?

  3. #3
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default

    The whole

    No reincarnations

    kind of kills it though

    Can't TR a character into a bladeforged, and can't tr a character out of a bladeforged after turbine nerfs them, so basically not a good idea.

  4. #4
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Until we get a dev response one way or another it's just speculation, but I expect it's going to be like druid -- you won't be able to fiddle with the levels until some indeterminate time in the future when they unlock the option. Just like you couldn't play druids as anything other than level 1 to 20 toons from the start, and now you can choose them as veteran characters, stone them, etc.

    The real question is whether we'll be getting an option to play them from level 1 (losing the gear but keeping the bladeforged feat and appearance). If we get a level 1-14 option, then, TRing and the like should work. I doubt turbine wants to cut into juicy xp pot sales by letting TR's skip 1-14 on selected characters.

    The bladeforged are just intriguing enough that I want to see what other iconic choices they've created.

  5. #5
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    I absolutely love the look

    Really takes a royal dump on my half elfs appearance...

    how depressing
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  6. #6
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    The real question is whether we'll be getting an option to play them from level 1
    You already have that option.

    You can start at level 1

    When talking to the lord of blades: pick something like: reject training
    You end up as a level 1 paladin, and could proceed to take 18 levels of sorc.

  7. #7
    Community Member ~Grubbby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingjellycube View Post
    You already have that option.

    You can start at level 1

    When talking to the lord of blades: pick something like: reject training
    You end up as a level 1 paladin, and could proceed to take 18 levels of sorc.

    ^this^

    Note also that when you say reject training, you still get the 1,050,000 XP needed to level to 15, so you can run to the Sorc trainer and level up to 15 taking whatever levels you want. Your first level is pre-spent as Pally, the rest you can take whatever you want.

    I did this last night and it worked just fine. I did not recieve all the level 15 gear though. There may be some way to get it, but I didn't care, I just wanted to get to level 15 so I could see the new quests in the list to verify that it was PDK favor.
    The poster formerly known as TPICKRELL.... Hopefully will be again if Turbine support ever gets it straightened out. .. Grubby WF Shintao, Grubonon Human HAMP Shintao, GrubbyDark Halfling Ninja Spy, GrubbSmash Horc soon to be Henshin, GrubbyTrap Monk/Rogue/Fighter, Gralak Shirardi Sorc (soon to be PM Wiz again) and other Grubs... All on Khyber

  8. #8
    Community Member ~Arcscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default

    because you can't TR the whole point of the +2 cha is wasted as DC sorceror needs past lives to be effective
    Arcscoob Beefscoob Scoobmx Scoobshot : ChaosKnights : Argonnessen
    Weapon Damage Modeler : Abbot Raid Manual : My Builds : My Trades

  9. #9
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcscoob View Post
    because you can't TR the whole point of the +2 cha is wasted as DC sorceror needs past lives to be effective
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/403278

    If you're on a sorc, and had to choose between dex and cha, what would you choose?

    Also, sorcs don't rely on DC as much as wizards.

    The main problem with no reincarnations is that you won't be able to change your build when Turbine nerfs it, and you can't change your current sorc into a bladeforged.

  10. #10
    Community Member ~Arcscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingjellycube View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/403278

    If you're on a sorc, and had to choose between dex and cha, what would you choose?

    Also, sorcs don't rely on DC as much as wizards.

    The main problem with no reincarnations is that you won't be able to change your build when Turbine nerfs it, and you can't change your current sorc into a bladeforged.
    note how i said specifically DC sorceror. if you want to play DC-dumped sorceror then again just pick regular WF as the extra dex helps your reflex save. if you want to pretend shiradi sorc is the only viable sorc then I can't help you.
    Arcscoob Beefscoob Scoobmx Scoobshot : ChaosKnights : Argonnessen
    Weapon Damage Modeler : Abbot Raid Manual : My Builds : My Trades

  11. #11
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcscoob View Post
    just pick regular WF as the extra dex helps your reflex save.
    I don't know who you're trying to troll, but since this discussion is about a pally / sorc, cha helps all your saves, whereas dex only helps one save.

    Obviously, if you want a pure sorc, then regular warforged is better because it doesn't force you to take a pally level.

  12. #12
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    Note also that when you say reject training, you still get the 1,050,000 XP needed to level to 15, so you can run to the Sorc trainer and level up to 15 taking whatever levels you want. Your first level is pre-spent as Pally, the rest you can take whatever you want.

    I did this last night and it worked just fine. I did not recieve all the level 15 gear though.
    This is intended.


    You don't have to reach level 15 before questing, though you'll have enough XP for level 15. If you want to play with your level 8 friends, you can roll up a Bladeforged and take levels until you are 8 and go run with them. Only the first level must be Paladin.

    When you reach level 15 you should automatically receive your gear. It's OK if you left the Creation Forge.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 05-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is the intent. You don't have to reach level 15 before questing, though you'll have enough XP for level 15. If you want to play with your level 8 friends, you can roll up a Bladeforged and take levels until you are 8 and go run with them. Only the first level must be Paladin.

    When you reach level 15 you should automatically receive your gear. It's OK if you left the Creation Forge.
    What about the whole you can't tr out of it or into it? Is that wai? If it is I think iconic heroes will end up newb traps the same way that premade paths are.

  14. #14
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is the intent. You don't have to reach level 15 before questing, though you'll have enough XP for level 15. If you want to play with your level 8 friends, you can roll up a Bladeforged and take levels until you are 8 and go run with them. Only the first level must be Paladin.

    When you reach level 15 you should automatically receive your gear. It's OK if you left the Creation Forge.
    That is a cool intention of Iconics, to be able to casually play with low level friends.

  15. #15
    Community Member ~NiborRis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is the intent. You don't have to reach level 15 before questing, though you'll have enough XP for level 15. If you want to play with your level 8 friends, you can roll up a Bladeforged and take levels until you are 8 and go run with them. Only the first level must be Paladin.

    When you reach level 15 you should automatically receive your gear. It's OK if you left the Creation Forge.
    Unfortunately, this is pretty unexciting as well. Being level 8, XP-pinned, and completely naked is not my idea of a good time. The only reason to play would be the company, because the character is completely worthless to me; the play time would be completely unproductive as far as advancement. I can find a lot of ways to play with my friends while still actually improving a character somewhere along the way. It's an RPG, "making improvements" is a big part of the draw, even if that slows to a crawl at endgame.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingjellycube View Post
    Would this work?

    you would have +2 cha and -2 dex
    Pretty sure its not +2 charisma its actually that instead of getting -2 charisma (like a normal warforged) you get -2 dex. So a starting charisma of 8 rather than 6 and a maximum of 18 starting charisma.

    I only briefly looked at them but that's what I got.

  17. #17
    Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Yes, the build will work, and much better than the current 18/2 warforged build


    Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    Until we get a dev response one way or another it's just speculation, but I expect it's going to be like druid -- you won't be able to fiddle with the levels until some indeterminate time in the future when they unlock the option. Just like you couldn't play druids as anything other than level 1 to 20 toons from the start, and now you can choose them as veteran characters, stone them, etc.

    The real question is whether we'll be getting an option to play them from level 1 (losing the gear but keeping the bladeforged feat and appearance). If we get a level 1-14 option, then, TRing and the like should work. I doubt turbine wants to cut into juicy xp pot sales by letting TR's skip 1-14 on selected characters.

    The bladeforged are just intriguing enough that I want to see what other iconic choices they've created.
    TRing was promised to us for iconics

    And They now have epic level pots which will replace the heroic ones.

    Also, I'm assuming they are going to move the TR level range from 1 to 20, to 15-28 or 15-30 and increasing the amount of epic level XP that TRs require.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload