Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I say they know it and didn't do anything about it, its not an exploit. Go have fun with it.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

OK great example...TR twists. Is it WAI? If it is not, how do you know? There is absolutely nothing a player does out of the norm that causes this..so the player is just supposed to Nostrodaumus out the fact that its not a game feature?

I call BS.

If it is not allowed, make it not allowed or state in clear language for all to know that it is a bug and violators will be banned.

I totally get it, its their product and they can do with it as they choose. But at the same time, to ban someone for that twist stuff is dumb as I have not seen a single indication in anything that it is not a feature of TR'ing after you earned your twist points. Has anyone else?

Thats my point. So many things folks get the red arse over are in that grey area where its allowed by not doing anyting out of the norm but just happens. And some of those you could make a valid argument that it SHOULD be allowable (of course the playerbase could argue some of it either way but there you go again...how do you know).

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    OK great example...TR twists. Is it WAI? If it is not, how do you know? There is absolutely nothing a player does out of the norm that causes this..so the player is just supposed to Nostrodaumus out the fact that its not a game feature?

I call BS.

If it is not allowed, make it not allowed or state in clear language for all to know that it is a bug and violators will be banned.

I totally get it, its their product and they can do with it as they choose. But at the same time, to ban someone for that twist stuff is dumb as I have not seen a single indication in anything that it is not a feature of TR'ing after you earned your twist points. Has anyone else?

Thats my point. So many things folks get the red arse over are in that grey area where its allowed by not doing anyting out of the norm but just happens. And some of those you could make a valid argument that it SHOULD be allowable (of course the playerbase could argue some of it either way but there you go again...how do you know).
    This post is so much win ....... well written!

Turbine just has to pull a bit of finger let people know. Is it that much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post

I call BS.

I do see your point, and do realize that this can be stumbled upon without intent to do so. But once the steps are known it can be reproduced.

Here is why I think ED Twists Accessible prior to Level 20 is an unintended feature (AKA Bug) <- (personal opinion)
    1. If they were intended to be available for TR at the Heroic Level you would not need to follow steps to activate them
    2. The wording of how EDs were described to be inactive during heroic levels by the development team and release notes
    3. We would have seen confirmation from Turbine that this is WAI by this point.

While I don't actively hunt out people that utilize what are in my opinion exploits of the system, I will avoid them once I've determined they are using what I consider to be an exploit.

Its a no brainer. Its not WAI unless they advertised it as a feature. Anyone doing it is at their own risk, and it will be hilarious to see people acting like they didnt know they were doing anything wrong after nailed with the banhammer. Justifying that its OK unless Turbine states otherwise doesnt cut it, because if it was WAI, they would have advertised it as a feature in order to incentivize playing their new system they designed.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345