Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrismer View Post
    I don't TR (insufficient time, and the double-xp exceeds my pain threshold) but I agree 100% with the above. I think locking out TRs (and even moreso LRs and GRs if that is also true) is a poor business decision. I could see maybe not coming up with past life feats for the iconics (not crazy about the idea), but not letting somebody TR into or out of the iconics makes a player have to decide if they want to purchase another class slot for what people that TR consider 'a dead end character' or delete a 'non-dead end character' to try out an iconic that they will probably 'thow-away'.

I can't see any rational reason for making it that way.
    This current batch of DDO devs doesn't want us TRing anymore. I don't know the reasons, ego perhaps because they want us playing their content and not stuff the old devs created? I'm not sure. Their attempt to make DDO more end-game focused with MoTU failed miserably.

it's a terrible business decision. TR is the end-game of DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    If they are designing iconics as a way for quick access to the realms and basically kill off early game. I would think a better approach to this would be creating low level quests in the realms and a new starter area.
    If they did that, they would have to create quests from levels 1 to 19, this way they only need to create quests from 15-19.

Apologies if this has already been asked and replied but; do we have release notes yet?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    While they are not proper Release Notes, here are some answers to your questions:
    • While the named loot has not yet been added to the three U18 quests, the three quests will have named loot
    Well I seem to have found something found in Disciples of shar end quest

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Default Last quest can't be run

Not sure what's going on but can't run the last quest it keeps trying to make me buy the quest but nothing in the store. Can't debug this stuff if you can't get to it.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devilteck View Post
    Not sure what's going on but can't run the last quest it keeps trying to make me buy the quest but nothing in the store. Can't debug this stuff if you can't get to it.
    Well at least i'm not the only one getting left out in the cold. Was thinking it was just me due to the fact it says i'm not a vip on Lam but reg acct I am.. hmm how strange. Some ppl can access the quests and others can't, and since it is a new chain i'd say ya might wanna fix it.. kinda soon... just maybe

Well I seem to have found something found in Disciples of shar end quest
    That 10% chance of getting blinded for 1 second whenever you get hit sounds incredibly annoying. Having my screen go in and out of blackness constantly would drive me mad. Definitely a pass on any character that wades into the thick of things.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

The final Update 18 quest: Shadow of a Doubt, will only be available if you preorder the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack. Unfortunately, neither the preorder nor guest passes are available on Lamannia at this time.

Arrow

The final Update 18 quest: Shadow of a Doubt, will only be available if you preorder the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack. Unfortunately, neither the preorder nor guest passes are available on Lamannia at this time.
    PLEASE!!!!!
    BY THE BEARD OF SELUNE!
    BY THE ARMPITS OF AZUTH!!!

We want to test.
    We want to pre order.
    Stop treating us like mushrooms.
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

You should consider giving everyone on lammania the pre-order for a week (lamannia only) to test if the goodies actually arrive correctly to try and avoid the problems that happened last year.

Some where between here and forgetting all together

So let me get this straight.

Update 18 has 3 quests, 1 of which we will have to pre-order to get, none of them are epic, all 3 are of a lower level THAN THE QUEST CHAIN TO GET TO EVENINGSTAR, have embarrassingly terrible XP, not to mention that we are looking at Iconic Characters, which will be nothing more than Iconic dead ends.

Sorry, but Shan-to-kor is more interesting than these 3 quests.

Also the lack of release notes is shady. What are you hiding? You guys better get your act cleaned up soon, or your lose even those players who currently support you.
    " All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage." -Sherlock

Thelanis Server -Kwei Li, Morrgane, Scatach Una, Aislen, Crowker of the Black Company, Vespir, Nigella of the Mist, Faolan, Sanpaku, Craevin

Quote Originally Posted by KweiLi View Post
    Sorry, but Shan-to-kor is more interesting than these 3 quests.
    Yeah... with shan-to.kor you get better deals from marketplace merchants!
    (It always confused me that Deneith rewarded you for something in the Pirate place...)

Also the lack of release notes is shady. What are you hiding? You guys better get your act cleaned up soon, or your lose even those players who currently support you.
    Exactly
    It's OK to be "merry":

After Squeeks post I'm guessing we are going to be able to pre-order the expansion as soon as U18 hits. The release notes likely contain details about the pre-order that they don't want to announce yet. (hurry up already )

Quote Originally Posted by KrelarVersion2 View Post
    After Squeeks post I'm guessing we are going to be able to pre-order the expansion as soon as U18 hits. The release notes likely contain details about the pre-order that they don't want to announce yet. (hurry up already )
    THEN THEY SHOULD AT LEAST SAY THAT!!!

then we could sit there happy in the knowledge that they are - at least - following some Kind of plan or strategy...
    Otherwise they are just looking (especially when combined with the Forum Thing) not very... competent.
    It's OK to be "merry":

Quote Originally Posted by KrelarVersion2 View Post
    That 10% chance of getting blinded for 1 second whenever you get hit sounds incredibly annoying. Having my screen go in and out of blackness constantly would drive me mad. Definitely a pass on any character that wades into the thick of things.
    Blindness is far worse than any other status, because it affects the player as well as the toon.

Default A Misconception?

[QUOTE=SqueakofDoom;4999043]While they are not proper Release Notes, here are some answers to your questions:[*]Bladeforged Iconics are not supposed to be able to reincarnate
    QUOTE]

Bladeforged is a new race/class combo. All new classes have started out non-TR-able, and that usually changes a few weeks to a month after release. Devs correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that this is just temporary like it normally is with new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarran_Guilren View Post
    While they are not proper Release Notes, here are some answers to your questions:[*]Bladeforged Iconics are not supposed to be able to reincarnate
    Bladeforged is a new race/class combo. All new classes have started out non-TR-able, and that usually changes a few weeks to a month after release. Devs correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that this is just temporary like it normally is with new classes.
    That wasn't true of Druids - with Druids, you couldn't use LR/GR +1/+3/+5 to switch into Druid levels at first, and you couldn't use Vet Status on them. You could TR a Druid into something else, you could TR something else into a Druid from day 1, and you could LR/GR your Druid to respec them. The same limitation was in place for Artificers when they first came out.

This isn't just new race/class combo - it's race/class/vet status 15 combo. That's why this is different.

The devs haven't been completely clear so far, but it does appear that the limitation on reincarnation is currently designed to be permanent. There was a post today that they are planning a "dev diary" entry to describe the goals of Iconics soon, to help clarify what they are intended for.
    Last edited by NiborRis; 05-13-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: fixing some quote tag

Some where between here and forgetting all together

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    THEN THEY SHOULD AT LEAST SAY THAT!!!

then we could sit there happy in the knowledge that they are - at least - following some Kind of plan or strategy...
    Otherwise they are just looking (especially when combined with the Forum Thing) not very... competent.
    Exactly.

All most players want is some honesty, both when things are going good and bad. I know many of my characters are in a holding pattern awaiting further news about the new enhancement system, U 18 and Shadowfell. I refuse to grind for gear, which I'm sure will be outdated in just a few months, I don't want to TR until I'm sure where my builds are going, so while I'm still playing (still have a ton of 1st lifers to get up to 20), I'm also growing increasingly frustrated with a lack of unified communication from the DDO team. Why aren't their community people Hyping up the expansion (and game in general). Why haven't we seen teaser articles on the various MMO sites, Dev diaries, videos... there is so much the DDO team could be doing, but either won't or can't. I just don't get it.
    " All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage." -Sherlock

Thelanis Server -Kwei Li, Morrgane, Scatach Una, Aislen, Crowker of the Black Company, Vespir, Nigella of the Mist, Faolan, Sanpaku, Craevin

Okay this is pretty ridiculous.

if we dont buy it pre order we dont get the last quest, which will probably mean no chain rewards or anything, knowing that its horrible XP, bad loot, impossible to get to before you passed the streak levels, and if we do get a key and go to eveningstar to do it we got nothing good in return. I have seen games do this sort of stuff to games, they died off not too long after it. If you dont mind Ill go and install GW2 and SC2 back on my PC, Everything has its time then.
    "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust", code to code.

Never have I been so disappointed with turbine.

Community Member

So Update 18 is 2 quests? 0 Wilderness Areas.

Feather mentioned that Skill augments are coming... are those in U18?
    Is U18 really 2 quests with all the problems that others have cited and a change to Minos Legens and Crucible?

Can you see why we would perceive that as incredibly weak?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast