I've pre-ordered the MOTU collectors edition, yes the overpriced 80$ one cause I saw it would be awesome, but this... at this rate im not buying it even with turbine points when it comes out in the DDO store.
1) Level cap to 28 - what's that good for? Getting another stat point, a feat, and letting random gen loot get more powerful (+138 spellpower gear, for example). Where is the XP coming from to level to 28 without creating crippling XP repeat penalties? What about new epic feats, now that we're taking 3 of them? How will this interact with Epic Destinies, or are they being left behind as a forgotten feature that everyone paid for?
2) Epic TR, new "completionist" track - um. We don't even have enough information to begin speculation, I think. But this could go horribly, horribly wrong. Reset your epic destinies? Reset from 28 to 20? Reset from 28 to 1 with no epic destinies? What does it take to qualify for the "2 build points" - that suggests that you'll have to go back to lvl 1 at some point, as well. How does it interact with more EDs being introduced in the future? ARE more EDs going to be introduced in the future?
3) Level 15 quests in FR, and no way to get there.
4) Iconic Heroes - a way to get to FR at lvl 15, but not with any character you're currently playing. Pre-set cookie-cutters that start at lvl 15, with slightly more power than a basic new character. Why does someone who already has a lvl 20 character want these? No idea yet. How does this solve the problem of TRs not being able to run lvl 15 FR quests until after they run lvl 16 flagging quests? It doesn't. What is the purpose here? We don't know yet.
5) Enhancement rewrite - there's a whole forum based on the challenges they face here. Honestly they've put a lot of work here; it's not ready yet but they've made good progress IMHO.
So, basically the announcement left me with a ton of questions on how they would make things work well. It's been - what, 10 weeks? And still no answers. What if they don't have them?
If U18 is a teaser for the expansion, but is focussed primarly on these much talked about quality-of-life-fixes, then I'll be the first to applaud them.
If U19 is no additional content and just bug fixes and quality-of-life stuff then I'll stand up and applaud them again.
As much as it's nice to add new stuff, it would be greatly appreciated by a lot of the long-time players to see a number of the minor and non-game-breaking stuff fixed. Otherwise we just get more new stuff with more bugs. So I won't be crying Doom at an update that isn't packed full of new stuff. Give us more quality-of-life stuff and I'll happily chill out until the big expansion hits.
The game is STILL riddled with bugs form the prior "expansion" that have yet to be fixed.
Not to mention the "preorder" I supposedly made for MOTU was advertised as (now of course deleted) including a complete, finished enhancement system with all PRES completed and TWO raids.
Last edited by IWIronheart; 05-14-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Shmuel Xadin Xadins Mohnster Errand Yitzhak
In a game where visibility and mobility are some of the highest commodities, going blind in 1/10 hits for a full second sounds like a very poor situation to put one's self in. Just look at Glitterdust.
That said, I think the theme of the item is cool. It'd be nice if the devs introduced fewer new effects and focused on fixing some broken preexisting mechanics; but whom are we kidding? They 'fixed' the forums to be cruddy, and so on...
The absurd forum change has forced 'SealedInSong' to become 'TuskCouncil' temporarily.
Thanks for shaking up the forums until they're unreadable and unusable instead of fixing all the bugs and releasing a coherent enhancement alpha!
There's a bunch of details that can work out; are there Epic purchased past life feats, too? Do the Epic past lives stack 1x or 3x; do they stack on top of the heroic PLs or replace them? Would the epic XP requirements increase like the Heroic XP does (please no; not enough quests IMHO)? What will the cost be for Epic TR (Epic True Heart of Wood?) - Tokens of the Twelve? Gianthold relics? Heroic Commendations? Commendations would probably make the most sense, but that requires raiding, where for Heroic TR you did not need to raid, and the tokens are BtA, not BtC. Relics has the drawback of only appearing in Gianthold. Tokens appear in a lot of places and you might gather them as you're leveling from 20-28 anyway, so that would be nice. And of course, the Epic PLs need to be worth it, yet will they become mandatory for being EE capable?
Anyway, that'd be a good start for Epic TR. It would re-start the TR train for people, it would provide incentive for people running lvl 20-28 content on TRs, bringing a lot more of that content back into popularity. It would be VERY VERY nice if they could address the repeat counter issue for quests on both Heroic and Epic. Still a lot of questions to be answered, though, and who knows what they actually have in mind.
So far, I am utterly unimpressed with U18, all of the current design decisions, and the emphasis on the Forgotten Realms in a game that is supposed to be set in Eberron. If U18, the Realms focus, and the poor Iconics idea are signs of things to come, it's a really safe bet I won't be ordering the new expansion. Largely because I don't want to encourage more boring Realms content (and make no mistake - it's all pretty boring thus far).
I will admit, however, that I am quite eager to see what gets nerfed in these next two updates in order to facilitate the telling of the devs' stories (i.e., immunity changes, FoM changes, etc, all the bad decision made in the last year or two). I"m guessing Blindness Resistance, Death Resistance (instead of death block/ward), and such.
I'm pretty disappointed in this dev team and the new goals of the game.
Had a big update this morning...haven't played lamma in a couple days...but wow...lot more than expected. I was playing the new quests...so I had the update 18 stuff...
To make us play the new Forgotten Realms all they have to do is put in an option to auto level to 15 and start in Eveningstar
Done, no more Ebberon Setting - unless you want gear ("gianthold")
as of right now at 2:40 am central time character copy is unavailable. it says page not found.
also the login screen is badly glitched. settings shows only 1 to 2 actual box descritors the rest are blank with a box you can check without knowing what you are clciking to do.
Last edited by scartissue13; 05-16-2013 at 02:43 AM.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload