Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

The copy tool has always shown a list of all characters you have made across all servers. For me, when I clicked the link for the en page twice (first time said login), it showed the lists. The top part says who I previously copied. The second, longer list, shows all toons I have to select from. It says to click the world/server, but I cannot. Will report if I can.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Unhappy The Road is a bit bumpy

Well, bother. While Character Copy worked for me during testing, I'm also seeing the same "you are not logged in" Character Copy issues. We are investigating the myriad of Character Copy issues (including multiples of your characters and the previous copies not being cleared out.) However, we no longer have the 5 character limit on Copies! (I know, it *says* you can only copy 5, but you can actually copy as many as you wish!)

As for the Dojo Door: I will continue to try to keep it available so it is viable to make a character from scratch. Unfortunately, I can't make the Test Dojo Door permanent since I'm only QA. It has been bugged and will hopefully eventually become permanent. In the meantime, I have wrangled up another account so I can just keep the instance open (since filling the Auction House usually requires me to be in a quest).

Additionally, my Lamannia client crashed before many items were placed in the Auction House. I will run the script again during lunch and after work.

Also, I have added a Door to Eveningstar in the Market near the Test Dojo Door!

Also ... release notes ;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Lovely, Not only can I not access character copy, but now it seems my previous forum handle/account did not transfer at all. XD

Thus, I am now Ziind instead of the enigmatic, and favored Ziindarax! :P

Anyways, hope you guys can get this ironed out.

Cool Character copy issue: HTTP vs HTTPS

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Well, bother. While Character Copy worked for me during testing, I'm also seeing the same "you are not logged in" Character Copy issues. We are investigating the myriad of Character Copy issues (including multiples of your characters and the previous copies not being cleared out.) However, we no longer have the 5 character limit on Copies! (I know, it *says* you can only copy 5, but you can actually copy as many as you wish!)
    Squeak, it seems to be an issue with the HTTP versus HTTPS url's.
    The HTTP url's work, the HTTPS ones do not.

So these will work:

Note the prefix & try the one here below as well (or change or add the HTTPS prefix & see what happens).

What does not work (you get 'Please login to perform a character copy' even though you are indeed logged in, in fact BECAUSE you are logged in, LOL):
    either

or

login (now you are in HTTPS) and then go to
    Important: Note that I did not use HTTP://, so the browser will automatically add the prefix of the session (which then is HTTPS).

By the way this no longer works when you have already used the HTTP one during the session or when your browser defaults to HTTP as prefix to add on incomplete URLs...

LOL

PS: you may need to force refresh (& use of HTTP prefix) for the the switch to unsecured to actually work; in Firefox you can check the encryption status (HTTP or HTTPS) of the page by using right mouse click, 'View Page Info'

Should be able to fix issue now IMHO...
    Last edited by Draeqo2; 05-07-2013 at 11:34 AM.

I'm guessing this door is temporary like the dojo door? You should just consider adding a eveningstar door to the dojo then you'll only have to recreate one door instead of 2.

Community Member

Well, bother. While Character Copy worked for me during testing, I'm also seeing the same "you are not logged in" Character Copy issues. We are investigating the myriad of Character Copy issues (including multiples of your characters and the previous copies not being cleared out.) However, we no longer have the 5 character limit on Copies! (I know, it *says* you can only copy 5, but you can actually copy as many as you wish!)As for the Dojo Door: I will continue to try to keep it available so it is viable to make a character from scratch. Unfortunately, I can't make the Test Dojo Door permanent since I'm only QA. It has been bugged and will hopefully eventually become permanent. In the meantime, I have wrangled up another account so I can just keep the instance open (since filling the Auction House usually requires me to be in a quest).Additionally, my Lamannia client crashed before many items were placed in the Auction House. I will run the script again during lunch and after work.Also, I have added a Door to Eveningstar in the Market near the Test Dojo Door!
    LOL, I feel for you Squeek..... You have been tasked to build a 3 story house... The only tools they (your bosses) gave you is a shovel and a pick.... Building materials.... A roll of toilet paper and 2ft of twine.... Turbine management = Incompetence at it's worst.... This is EXACTLY why so many people have given up ever even TRYING to test things... You guys make it like trying to get from NYC to NJ at 5PM..... Or a leisurely drive on the 405 in LA at 6PM on a weekday.... Amazing....

I couldn't find the Test Dojo door, only the Eveningstar Door. There are supposed to be two doors in the market?
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

Default Character copy worked for me!

I used the en and no dice! the de worked first time upon refresh!!!

As for the Dojo Door: I will continue to try to keep it available so it is viable to make a character from scratch. Unfortunately, I can't make the Test Dojo Door permanent since I'm only QA. It has been bugged and will hopefully eventually become permanent. In the meantime, I have wrangled up another account so I can just keep the instance open (since filling the Auction House usually requires me to be in a quest).

Additionally, my Lamannia client crashed before many items were placed in the Auction House. I will run the script again during lunch and after work.

Thank you Squeak! We appreciate everything you and KookieKobold are doing!

Cleaning up the duplicate and deleted toon names would be awesome. The new character copy worked fine for the ones that weren't duped.

I'm seeing chars that i dont even remember creating them. But 3 of my main chars arent showing up in character copy page. But they appear as previous copy status.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Default Character Copy.... is disappoint

1). All the toons that I had successfully copied for last cycle claim to be on Lammania per the Character copy tool -- per the Lammania client, they are not... and can't "re-copy" ... shame
    2). There are approximately 6 variants of each of my lesser played characters, this new tool gives me no information about each specific record... Only too late (after my 5 copies) did I discover that the more recent records of a character are the ones lower on the list (apparently...)

Really uncertain what necessitated this change (specifically the forums change which led to the rest of this mess)... old forum was way better. Only just learned today how to 'fix' my account to log in to these ones.

Community Member

Where are the release notes?

Community Member

Question

was wondering when we will be able to purchase wheloon prison and storm horn they are not in the storeas of yet

Some where between here and forgetting all together

Quote Originally Posted by wityadidgya View Post
    was wondering when we will be able to purchase wheloon prison and storm horn they are not in the storeas of yet
    That is the expansion.
    " All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage." -Sherlock

Thelanis Server -Kwei Li, Morrgane, Scatach Una, Aislen, Crowker of the Black Company, Vespir, Nigella of the Mist, Faolan, Sanpaku, Craevin

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Sable View Post
    I also have old copies displayed, but worse than that...

It has a selection for every time the character was re-rolled, so my mains have about five or six selections with their name, and there is absolutely no way of telling which one is my actual character.

Could we get a level, a date made, or even better, a way of NOT showing characters that haven't existed for years?

Same here
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

God, I hope they pay you for this stuff!

Community Member

THere are no release notes, so there is nothing to test.

Have a nice day, let us know when you are ready to actually test things agains.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris_Discordia View Post
    THere are no release notes, so there is nothing to test.

Have a nice day, let us know when you are ready to actually test things agains.
    This. I ran the quests, they function, but I dont know what else should be tested, and im not going to open DDO on my 3 PC's to test everything out via check on both and see if it acts differently. as it stands now its not a beta but a preview. a demo.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast