Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default Shadowfall Conspiracy collector's edition

    nm
    Last edited by Darthsarlacc; 12-20-2013 at 09:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Sounds expensive

  3. #3
    Community Member ~Dyna-The-Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthsarlacc View Post
    What do you guys think should be in the next expansion collector's edition?

    I was thinking

    1 +4 supreme tome ability
    1 otto's irresistable box
    1 +2 tome of fate
    1 greater tome of learning
    5 sovereign I experience elixirs
    I think that list is comprised of things you want..... and probably want a discount pack on....
    lol....

    For those that already farmed +4s, already have a greater learning tome, and got the +2 fate tome, that CE reward list seems like a huge waste of money/not worth considering.

    I'd want a collector's edition to have collector's items. Not just desirable things already purchasable in ddo store / game.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyna-The-Cat View Post
    I'd want a collector's edition to have collector's items. Not just desirable things already purchasable in ddo store / game.
    Nods happily and hopes for another permanent gold seal hire,
    even a level 28 version of the battle cat would be acceptable.

    An elephant comes to mind, but the size blocking line of sight might be an issue.

    Small dragon, perhaps?

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    This time around, they need multiple Collector's Editions. At the very least, one geared towards subscribers (and premiums that have bought most, if not all, content packs) and one geared towards premiums. And, it would be up to the customer as to which they want.

    Subscriber CE - Greater XP tome or upgrades for lesser XP tomes (people who bought Menace CE already have account wide lessers, as do many people who just picked them up from the DDOStore), XP Stone, whatever "exclusive" pet they're going to bundle with this expansion, and a stipend of TP (in place of content packs)

    Premium CE - Same as above, but with a couple of content packs in place of the TP stipend.

    Best of all would be an "a-la-carte" CE, to let us combine up to X number of features as we see fit.

    Of course, we're probably just going to get a "one size fits all" CE that will be passable, but not really a perfect fit for all.
    Last edited by Stormanne1; 05-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne1 View Post
    This time around, they need multiple Collector's Editions. At the very least, one [...]
    Best of all would be an "a-la-carte" CE, to let us combine up to X number of features as we see fit.

    Of course, we're probably just going to get a "one size fits all" CE that will be passable, but not really a perfect fit for all.
    Everyone has different sizes. Some 0, 2, some 4, some 8, some Extra Wide Load...

    Would be nice if there is a Build Your Own Hoardition: (BYOH)

    1) Option to select an inherent statistic boost to character(s)... ( $$ )
    2) Mandatory to select Shadow Fall Content(s) ( $$ )
    3) Option to select Epic Destiny Benefit(s) ( $$ )
    4) Option to select Otto's Irresistible Box(es) ( $$$ ) <---- extra wide load?
    5) Mandatory ML28 Epic Gargoyle and Harpy flying pets and cosmetic pets ($)
    6) Option to select Teleport to new areas/quests cosmetic Kobold T-shirt ($)
    7) Option to select Iconic Characters that start at CL15 ($$)

    Subtotal: $$$
    Discount based on Options selected (-XX% to -XX%) ($$$)

    Total: $$$
    Last edited by Morgraine; 05-06-2013 at 05:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Member ~NiborRis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Probably be more like:

    Cosmetic pet of some theme related to the xpack
    Cosmetic helmet
    Epic Destinies
    Warforged Race
    Druid's Deep pack
    Shan-To-Kor pack
    Lesser XP tome for all characters
    The VIP 10% in-town movement speed

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morgraine View Post
    6) cosmetic kobold t-shirt ($)
    omg i want this now!

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    How about a collection of permanent gold seal clerics every few levels similar to what the start kit has now? (Say levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18). Of course they would need to be better behaved then some of them are now. No standing in the lava field right next to the island.

    Maybe even include a few other classes as well.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyna-The-Cat View Post
    I think that list is comprised of things you want..... and probably want a discount pack on....I'd want a collector's edition to have collector's items. Not just desirable things already purchasable in ddo store / game.
    The battle cat was the main thing that put me over the edge to spend on the MOTU expansion.

    My finances are very tight - everything else I can find in game or purchase at some point if I really need it. A permanent companion is so well suited to my playing style that it would probably be the deciding factor for me again.

    Would like it to be at LEAST level 25....

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    I think they gathered enough data about high price items since last summer so I am expecting a $200 package. It's total speculation of course, but I expect to see it this time around as it seems completely consistent with their strategy of offering something for people with a lot of discretionary money.

    I don't think it will compete with other store offerings so I wouldn't expect it to include +4 tomes or ottos boxes. It will include some other things instead.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewSlarden View Post
    I think they gathered enough data about high price items since last summer so I am expecting a $200 package. It's total speculation of course, but I expect to see it this time around as it seems completely consistent with their strategy of offering something for people with a lot of discretionary money.

    I don't think it will compete with other store offerings so I wouldn't expect it to include +4 tomes or ottos boxes. It will include some other things instead.
    Like a cosmetic pet fish in a bowl? Oh! I'd LOVE that!!!

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMizzaroo View Post
    Like a cosmetic pet fish in a bowl? Oh! I'd LOVE that!!!
    That's not Turbine's style. They would give you a cosmetic fish in a bowl with 20% stacking epic xp bonus plus underwater action.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewSlarden View Post
    That's not Turbine's style. They would give you a cosmetic fish in a bowl with 20% stacking epic xp bonus plus underwater action.
    Oooooh... Let's combine the cosmetic pet fish in a bowl with a cosmetic helmet! A Fishbowl helmet with a little fish swimming inside it, that granted Underwater Action. Now there's a winning combo.

    As someone mentioned above, the Permanent Gold Seal Panther pushed me into buying the collector's edition. And seeing that Turbine made a Permanent Gold Seal hireling for the Starter Pack, I'd expect some sort of new Permanent Gold Seal hireling. Hopefully, it will be unique, such as non-playable race or animal.

    Also, hopefully it will be a true Gold Seal hireling, unlike the Starter Pack hireling. That hireling can't be used unless you are the same level as the hireling. Very misleading. And a very bait-and-switch maneuver. Additionally, hopefully it can fit into the Hireling Folder, since the Start Pack hireling can't, while the Panther can.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexfax View Post
    Oooooh... Let's combine the cosmetic pet fish in a bowl with a cosmetic helmet! A Fishbowl helmet with a little fish swimming inside it, that granted Underwater Action. Now there's a winning combo.
    Careful what you wish for...you'll get the fishbowl helm that if you're not in water, drowns you...This is Turbine we're talking about

  16. #16
    Community Member ~NiborRis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne1 View Post
    Careful what you wish for...you'll get the fishbowl helm that if you're not in water, drowns you...This is Turbine we're talking about
    You forgot "...even if you're warforged".

  17. #17

    Default

    I think a set of choices would work well.

    Ex pack
    Choose 1: lesser tome of learning for all toons or 5 50% Xp pots.
    Choose 1: new exclusive pet or 150 astral shards
    Choose 1: 3 pre chosen old adventure packs or 1000 tp
    Choose 1: new exclusive perma gold seal baby dragon hireling or Xp stone
    Also included, 1000 tp

  18. #18
    Community Member ~swimmingjellycube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Based on items that squeak dropped in the dev event on lamma, I'm going to guess that you'll get in the preorder:

    An owlbear hireling (similar to the panther)
    Flying cat cosmetic pet (calico maybe?) kind of creepy looking

    Also, probably you'll also get:
    iconic heros (last time around was vet status 7 + xp stone)

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingjellycube View Post
    Based on items that squeak dropped in the dev event on lamma, I'm going to guess that you'll get in the preorder:

    An owlbear hireling (similar to the panther)
    Flying cat cosmetic pet (calico maybe?) kind of creepy looking

    Also, probably you'll also get:
    iconic heros (last time around was vet status 7 + xp stone)
    Owlbear hireling sounds very cool. I approve.

    Yeah, I expect Iconic Heroes with the Collector's Edition, but I also expect probably an XP Stone again also. Remember last time we got Epic Destinies and Vet Status 7, and the Vet Status was unlockable via favor.

    Maybe even an Epic Learning Tome, since there's a cap increase and limited content.

  20. #20
    Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Very nice guesses everyone! I think you will all be pleased with the contents of the pre-order bundles.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload