Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Very nice guesses everyone! I think you will all be pleased with the contents of the pre-order bundles.
    I don't suppose we could get a hint as to when we will get to see the bundles?

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Hopefully any hireling will be one per character as the Panther was, if its one per account like the starter bundle Cleric it can stay on the store shelf and collect dust.

But if it scaled to character level, that would make you some TP

Community Member

I love the idea of an Owlbear gold seal hireling. Would make a great replacement for the panther.

Something I'd love to have is a gem that lets you transform into a kobold for a certain period of time and is re-usable. I'd so love to have a character that runs around as a kobold all of the time (including in quests).

After the U14 Pre-order debacle Shadowfell I'm not sure it's possible for Turbine to cram enough P2Win into a pre-order for me to consider buying it.

I'd also prefer they DON'T have a pre-order at all. The Pre-order fro MoTU hung that deadline around their necks like a boat anchor and we got such a bug-ridden mess that's still being cleaned up. I'd rather the developers not have that pressure and get it RIGHT before it's released.

Very nice guesses everyone! I think you will all be pleased with the contents of the pre-order bundles.
    All I ask is that you not include a bunch of old adventure packs, races, classes,etc. the majority of people who will buy the collector's edition already have these packs or are VIP it makes it feel like were paying for stuff we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFailedlegend View Post
    All I ask is that you not include a bunch of old adventure packs, races, classes,etc. the majority of people who will buy the collector's edition already have these packs or are VIP it makes it feel like were paying for stuff we already have.
    At the very least make a way for us to give things we already have to other players.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFailedlegend View Post
    I disagree with this completely. When I was VIP, I wanted a way to buy packs, races and classes so that when I stopped being VIP (for whatever reason) I could still enjoy the game without having to dump a bunch of money into the game. I thought including the packs was a great way for VIP to get a sample of the game without spending extra money as soon as VIP is lost. The same thing with new players, they gain some packs right off the back so they don't have to pay more for additional quests.

After all, you weren't losing anything with the packs inclusion, you just weren't gaining something. It would be like people who don't TR to complain that they don't want the XP stones included or people who don't like cosmetic pets to complain that cosmetic pets are included. These are all additional things that not all players want/need but give a reason for various players to get the upgraded or collector's edition, instead of the standard edition or piecemeal the contents.

I found out what the CE's main allure will be.....

It's a pocket plane.

When you use it on yourself or your friends, you're transported to your own private bar / party room with:

a bartender
    a mail box
    an autioneer
    a cosmetic kit vendor
    a teleporting machine (like using a teleport scroll)
    a full body size wall mirror
    a dance stage to show off your cosmetic kits
    some couches
    a fireplace
    a piano...

TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

JKING. That's my personal wish. :3

Albeit, having a readily accessible teleporter would be a god-send to many classes not wizard.

Also, the portable dressing room might be good for encouraging people to buy cosmetic kits.
    Last edited by Dyna-The-Cat; 05-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Due to the crappy new font they use on this forums, I read "Shadowfail Conspiracy" and I thought it was a troll thread for the new update.

Now, I just lost interest.

Carry on.

~ Gaeryus (Sorc18/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (13Mnk/7Rog)(L5) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal18/Mnk2)(L2) Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1) Flamebeard ~
    Captain of the Flying Fock ~ ~ Nothing Personal ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs™

Woot, looking forward to that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    After the U14 Pre-order debacle Shadowfell I'm not sure it's possible for Turbine to cram enough P2Win into a pre-order for me to consider buying it.

I'd also prefer they DON'T have a pre-order at all. The Pre-order fro MoTU hung that deadline around their necks like a boat anchor and we got such a bug-ridden mess that's still being cleaned up. I'd rather the developers not have that pressure and get it RIGHT before it's released.
    I think they might have stopped cleaning it up, also <string table error: tableID="0x00000" errorID="0x00000">
    The poster formerly known as MrkGrismer

Quote Originally Posted by Dyna-The-Cat View Post
    Albeit, having a readily accessible teleporter would be a god-send to many classes not wizard.
    FWIW, I only have one wizard toon, but nearly all my toons teleport whenever they want. Teleport scrolls are easily purchased and require only a minor investment in UMD.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    FWIW, I only have one wizard toon, but nearly all my toons teleport whenever they want. Teleport scrolls are easily purchased and require only a minor investment in UMD.
    To be fair not all classes get enough skill points to get UMD, this will be especially true if they go forth with their changes to how the spell power and skill point investment go.

Quote Originally Posted by NiborRis View Post
    Probably be more like:

Cosmetic pet of some theme related to the xpack
    Cosmetic helmet
    Epic Destinies
    Warforged Race
    Druid's Deep pack
    Shan-To-Kor pack
    Lesser XP tome for all characters
    The VIP 10% in-town movement speed

While it isn't much the VIP speed should only be gotten by being VIP

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

If they want to sell lots of expansions at premium pricing, they should run something like this...

Platinum Expansion Pack package:
    -------------------------------

• Access to the old DDO Forums, the end.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmingjellycube View Post
    Based on items that squeak dropped in the dev event on lamma, I'm going to guess that you'll get in the preorder:

An owlbear hireling (similar to the panther)
    Flying cat cosmetic pet (calico maybe?) kind of creepy looking

Also, probably you'll also get:
    iconic heros (last time around was vet status 7 + xp stone)
    This is what we will get.

Flying Cat pet.
    Owlbear hireling (level 17)
    Iconic heros.
    A wizard Hat (Cosmetic helmet)

XP Stone.

Also we will get Epic tomes of learning - lesser and greater. Giving us 50% (greater) and 20% (lesser) for all epic quests.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    This is what we will get.

Flying Cat pet.
    Owlbear hireling (level 17)
    Iconic heros.
    A wizard Hat (Cosmetic helmet)

XP Stone.

Also we will get Epic tomes of learning - lesser and greater. Giving us 50% (greater) and 20% (lesser) for all epic quests.
    I sure hope this is NOT what we are getting.

Why a level 17 hireling? We need end game stuff.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I sure hope this is NOT what we are getting.

Why a level 17 hireling? We need end game stuff.
    So that the lvl 15 iconic character can summon it

Quote Originally Posted by KrelarVersion2 View Post
    At the very least make a way for us to give things we already have to other players.
    That is indeed an interesting point, something like a permanent guest pass for a pack if you already have it
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Default well

if I look to the left of these creepy grey on grey forums

I would say a visible cloak comes to mind ............I don't know why just does

would take a lot more than that for me to jump on board im afraid

a blue line perma hireling would be nice perhaps a white Bengal tiger
    Last edited by dopey69; 05-13-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Collector's edition should only have one thing... EVERYTHING FIXED!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast