Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Default Forums are useless to me now. :(

Or at least totally unenjoyable...

as I cannot stay logged in long enough to reply to threads with any consistancy.

There is also no way to go back to a thread... hmm.. hard to explain.

I log in.
    I read something.
    I try to reply.
    Says I need to log in.
    I relog in.
    No longer at the page I wanted to reply to.

Only choice would be to go search for the thread I wanted to reply to again.....

And pray I am still logged in by the time I want to reply to it.

Also seem to missing several editing options... like a tool bar that woul dlet me change fonts....etc.

Color sceam is unfriendly to me as well....

You have killed a major source for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

I'd +rep you in agreement except rep is buggered up too
    Addicted to DDO since 2006
    Officer of Chaos Knights and primary cause of -10%XP in guild runs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post

as I cannot stay logged in long enough to reply to threads with any consistancy.

I log in.
    I read something.
    I try to reply.
    Says I need to log in.
    I relog in.

Only choice would be to go search for the thread I wanted to reply to again.....

Also seem to missing several editing options... like a tool bar that woul dlet me change fonts....etc.

A second tab opened to the log in page so you can log in every 3 minutes helps, just refresh it to relog. and generally, it seems to post a reply in a thread for me even if it says I need to log in. Sometimes it doesn't but clicking the back button after you get the message to log in after you typed your reply will take you back to the reply you typed up, so you can hit the other tab, refresh, then back to the first tab and post.

It's a bit like playing cricket with that one arsehead that likes to target your and make you have to go back and forth through the lawn hoops.........If you want to make it fun, see how many times in a row you can post a comment without logging in, but this requires you to have speedy and deft fingers/typing skills to attain.

Edit: My best record on how many times I can post without a log in is 3, beat that one!!!!!
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 05-06-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Thx.. same... rep don't work.

I also seem to be unable to edit my post.

Now you guys will see just how many typos I really have...

well.. you would if I could post reliably anyway.

Just a quick comment. (not that anyone will care or be influenced by it. )

Making something so secure that no one can use it, seems kinda useless IMO.

I mean you might as well just get rid of it completely.... that would be safer? wouldn't it?

And making something so secure that it becomes too frustrating to use is almost as bad.

I live in Portugal. Please add more countries to the register form...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    I'd +rep you in agreement except rep is buggered up too
    win?

Yes forums are bugged. The more we argue, the worse things get.

I'll just take some vacation from DDO, will check back only to see how it goes. I have other usefull and functional MMOs with functional forums
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Look on the bright side! At least you have your original account.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo, LOOON, Hobaggin, Buttscracher, FuglyDbag

Try this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ylebot-Changes

JJ posted a dark scheme and a light scheme and I posted a light scheme. See if one of them is better for you.
    DDO-Europe 2006/2010 - Aureon/Keeper

I'm blunt as a rock and can seem aggressive because of it. Be aware of that when reading my posts.

Thx.. same... rep don't work.

I also seem to be unable to edit my post.
    I can get rep and editing to "work" if I right click on them and choose to open in another window/tab...
    at least about 50% of the time... if I dont log out first.
    EDIT: Yay! Again successful! :/
    Last edited by kruemeli; 05-06-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: just for the hell of it!
    kruemeli - Orien. Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits
    http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread...ld-Name-Change
    It's OK to be "merry":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0

The user theme linked above was a HUGE improvement for me.

I seem to not be logged out as often the last few days, but still enough to cause annoyance.

my posts rate has dropped like a rock with these new forums...... Take from that what you will...
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Default How did you get your username?

I log in.
    I read something.
    I try to reply.
    Says I need to log in.
    I relog in.

All the prestige that comes along with my original username is now gone, I can see no way to get it back?

Llewndyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mugglemage View Post
    All the prestige that comes along with my original username is now gone, I can see no way to get it back?

Llewndyn
    See this thread and open a ticket.

(Note I did this on the first day of the new forums and am still waiting....)

Community Member

Llewndyn
    Are you certain your old user name brought you prestige though?
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Llewndyn
    Don't worry about it, it was all in your mind anyway. If you continue to offer quality, you haven't lost any respect.

What bothers me about the new forums is how reputation levels were carried over and displayed. This is a kind of imported elitism from the old forums. People will always favor the argument of the person with the most green boxes, when they might otherwise have sat on the fence. I say we erase everyone's rep, it's meaningless and confusing. It puts those who farmed it at an unfair disadvantage, in a cliquey culture where bells and whistles provide a kind of unofficial endorsement.

Get rid of that **** and we can have a true meritocracy, where people are fairly judged on the content of their contributions, not artifical accolades.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaesatae View Post
    Don't worry about it, it was all in your mind anyway. If you continue to offer quality, you haven't lost any respect.

This is a kind of imported elitism from the old forums. People will always favor the argument of the person with the most green boxes, when they might otherwise have sat on the fence.

I have an opposite reaction to rep. I nearly always assume the longer green bars are there because of posts that are funny, or between the same forumites just constantly repping each other +1 instead of repping new forum users +1 for insightful information/good questions.

Basically, the longer the green bar the less likely I feel there is relevant information being expressed. I am wrong occasionally, but when I see those long green bars also with early join dates, i feel it even worse usually.

Get rid of the bars entirely, and i will have nothing but a name to rely on, and that is enough in itself.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kruemeli View Post
    I can get rep and editing to "work" if I right click on them and choose to open in another window/tab...
    at least about 50% of the time... if I dont log out first.
    EDIT: Yay! Again successful! :/
    Huh, that actually works lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    I have an opposite reaction to rep. I nearly always assume the longer green bars are there because of posts that are funny, or between the same forumites just constantly repping each other +1 instead of repping new forum users +1 for insightful information/good questions.
    At least early on when I paid attention to my rep, I'd say it was 2/3 being helpful and 1/3 being funny, but that was just me, I may not be very funny

I do agree that a long green bar told you very little about the person. A red twizzler however was almost always very telling about the person (at least if that twizzler lasted for more than a couple of weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Are you certain your old user name brought you prestige though?
    It would be nice, at least, to recognize all the players with whom we've had discussions over the last several years instead of some of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Community Member

Default I like red

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    At least early on when I paid attention to my rep, I'd say it was 2/3 being helpful and 1/3 being funny, but that was just me, I may not be very funny

I do agree that a long green bar told you very little about the person. A red twizzler however was almost always very telling about the person (at least if that twizzler lasted for more than a couple of weeks).
    I wouldn't be surprised if I were the only person around with a red twizzler on the new forums.

Memnir needed a test subject, so I wear my box with pride, Memnir got to use his neg bomb (that was more like a neg firecracker after merger) that he has always seemed a bit uncomfortable to use fearing the damage. I hope he enjoyed freely clicking that button but I think he really wanted to neg rep the new forums though.

It was worth it, now all rep is neutral, one must leave a comment to let the person know how they really feel for +/- rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussir View Post
    Try this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ylebot-Changes

JJ posted a dark scheme and a light scheme and I posted a light scheme. See if one of them is better for you.
    Much MUCH better -- thanks !!!

Thx.. everyone.

Some good suggestions here.

Opening a second tab to keep relogging in might work.

The right click, new window for rep and edit seems to work. (if you have anoher window to log back in with anyway. )

Dang... still annoying though.

Edit..2 : Well with second windows to relog...over and over again... every couple seconds.
    and right clicking.... opening other windows.... over and over again....

the forums are useable.

But usable is not enjoyable.... not at all.
    Last edited by Talon_Moonshadow; 05-06-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast