Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

/signed

/signed

NEED IT...........

I re-logged just to
    /sign this

Please make it happen
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Yes PUH-Leeaze!

I would like this, but I have fears of being able to see 7 or 8 quests on ransack, but not the quest itself....Or worse.

Oh the cynicism.

I try to stay positive, really I do, then reality hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

LMAO!

Do you have any idea just how impossible of a request this is? Ransack is based on an individual chest, not quest. So how would you expect a development team to dedicate that much time for each chest in the entire game? Not only that but how would each individual chest would be named so that you would know it is which chest and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    LMAO!

Do you have any idea just how impossible of a request this is? Ransack is based on an individual chest, not quest. So how would you expect a development team to dedicate that much time for each chest in the entire game? Not only that but how would each individual chest would be named so that you would know it is which chest and where?
    Then use a "You've ran this quest xx times" since you first started. Put a timer on it, like raids.

EG:

You pick up a quest. Run it. /ransack now says: You've run POP 1 time. 6 days, 23 hours, 59 sec till you can run if again (or something like it)

Also:

Impossible request? There was a fan made site that was doing it. Tell me about how this is impossible for Turbine to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Then use a "You've ran this quest xx times" since you first started. Put a timer on it, like raids.

EG:

You pick up a quest. Run it. /ransack now says: You've run POP 1 time. 6 days, 23 hours, 59 sec till you can run if again (or something like it)
    Yeah, that would actually be real useful. Cuz then you know how long it's been since u first ran that quest.

But, if you don't complete the quest / get any chests. This might screw with you.

Cuz ransk timer of chest will be off.

what would probably be a better solution is to let us flag certain quests in adventure compendium.

I.E. Once you run a quest you like to farm till ransk. You manually flag the quest after you complete it / get the chest you want.

This sets a timer based on the quest to 7 days. That counts down automatically for you.

So, you don't get a huge list of all the quest you ran.

And you can selectively flag the quest you want timers on.

Well, for starters, you could get a more detailed ransack message in the effects log, or loot log, or something. The pop-up could still say "You have ransacked this chest often" but the detailed message could include a timer on when the ransack will clear. This doesn't let you see if you can run to a chest before you open it, but it's a start.

If you could get a similar message about ransack on the turn-in reward from the quest giver, even when you're not turning in the reward, that would also help. Or something in a mouseover or click-to-pop infobox when looking at the quest in the compendium, or in your quest journal. "You have ransacked the reward for this quest often; this will clear in X days, XX hours, XX minutes."

Again, not perfect, if you're not turning in the quest after each run, but at least feasible to implement and view. Trying to have an interface that lists all the chests in the game in a meaningful way and your ransack timer on each is probably too cumbersome and not really worth doing.

Community Member

Default Uhm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    LMAO!

Well, they actually already have ransack timer set up for each individual character/chest in the game. I am not too sure how they could put us on a ransack timer for each chest/character without it.

I would imagine it to be a simple request to add a /ransack command that just showed the quest name of any quest with a ransacked chest.

But then again, I have to remember who it is we expect to add this to the game and I get cold chills down my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.