Lightbulb Guild Improvement Hotlist

Hello, everyone.

After reading a lot about the issues concerning Guilds, I decided to wander around the forums and make a sort-of-permanent topic about Guilds. We should keep in mind that this list of ideas was not created by me alone, but by the community in the Forums. More will be added from comments.

We believe that Guilds are nesting places for new players, improvement sources for medium players and source of good mechanics for high-leveled players. With these concepts in mind, here are the ideas:

Guild Mechanics

• Guild Renown revamp.
    • Customizable Hierarchy with defined powers: invite, expell, promote, buy ammenities, etc.
    • Guilds influence Economy: Auction items that are bought from same-guild friends are not debited the standard amount of the Platinum; only 20%, not 30%.
    • Guild Level Announcement is a lazy little button for a great event. Customize it or make it better: flags in the Marketplace, fireworks over Harbor, moonlight sonata at Phiarlan, etc.
    • Gathering Platinum: Donation Box available as an Airship Amenitiy, open to receive Platinum from visitors. Money gathered that way would be available for pre-defined members who could only spend it in new ammenities or ship upgrading.
    • A standard amount (no higher than 10%) of the Gold and Platinum found in Treasure Chests goes automatically to the Guild Donation Box, as an Optional Feature.
    • Alliances: General Chat between the participating Guilds and open Airships among them. Customizable.
    • Guild/Alliance reserved Grouping on the same window as others, but with notification or invisible to others.
    • Guild Leaders can see an ID for each account, so he can know which character belongs to whom.
    • Guild Leaders can see Guild Renown contributed.
    • Better Airship division: it's too spread from guild level 55 to 80.
    • No more spamming level 1 characters with crazy Guild Invites.

Communication

• Guild Message Board. Or even small forum.
    • Partnership with TeamSpeak or even Raidcall for in-game conversations.

Ships and Homes

• A private Dojo for the guild, as in Lammania, where a private instance could be generated - to try spells, feats, show off. The Dojo would be customized by the person generating it (monsters, scenario, level). Everything from house Phiarlan's illusions, with love. (and in-game history based.)
    • Teleport to the Airship.
    • General Vendor or Weekly-reset Broker.
    • Spirit Binder aboard.
    • Rest shrine aboard.
    • Striding Amenity - non-stacking.
    • Avatar of Blessings - With all Favor-related blessings from all Houses and Spirit Binders.
    • Uniform Buff - an Armor Skin applied for 1h for everyone who wants it. Customizable.
    • Change Energy Resistance to Energy Abstorption (% based. Makes high-level worthy and doesn't break low-level quests.)
    • Barkeep with exotic-better-food and a shirt.
    • Guild Buffs should stack.

Aesthetics

• Offline players appear as NPCs on the boat.
    • Named boats / Nameplates.
    • Other kinds of Guild spaces: towers, sewers, open fields, etc.
    • Guild Hierarchy can be seen by everyone - mainly Leader and Officers - with a small Crown and Shields. Customizable. Can be turned off.
    • A single Icon for all Ship buffs with a common timer (uncrowds the buffs bar.) On Mouse Over you can see specification.
    • Better placement of ammenities (fire that Feng-Shui master that designed them in the first place). More open spaces, less cramped hallways and small doorways.
    • Change Airship background. Customizable. You fall off to that place.

Bugs

• Airship Dialogue window is still open when you leave the Airship.
    • 'Usurp' button not showing/not working.
    • Players who have turned off "Accept Guild Invites" will still receive emailed invitations.
    • The DDO Store version of the Small Guild Chest incorrectly only allows Officers or Leaders to access the chest.
    • Fix the ship colors.
    Last edited by Monteverdi; 05-04-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    [LIST][*]Guilds influence Economy: Auction items that are bought from same-guild friends are not debited the standard amount of the Platinum; only 20%, not 30%.[*]Guild Level Announcement is a lazy little button for a great event. Customize it or make it better: flags in the Marketplace, fireworks over Harbor, moonlight sonata at Phiarlan, etc.[*]Gathering Platinum: Donation Box available as an Airship Amenitiy, open to receive Platinum from visitors. Money gathered that way would be available for pre-defined members who could only spend it in new ammenities or ship upgrading.[*]A standard amount (no higher than 10%) of the Gold and Platinum found in Treasure Chests goes automatically to the Guild Donation Box, as an Optional Feature.[*]Guild/Alliance reserved Grouping on the same window as others, but with notification or invisible to others.[*]No more spamming level 1 characters with crazy Guild Invites.[*]Guild Message Board. Or even small forum.[*]Partnership with TeamSpeak or even Raidcall for in-game conversations.[*]Teleport to the Airship.[*]General Vendor or Weekly-reset Broker.[*]Spirit Binder aboard.[*]Rest shrine aboard.[*]Striding Amenity - non-stacking.[*]Avatar of Blessings - With all Favor-related blessings from all Houses and Spirit Binders.[*]Guild Buffs should stack.[*]A single Icon for all Ship buffs with a common timer (uncrowds the buffs bar.) On Mouse Over you can see specification.[*]Players who have turned off "Accept Guild Invites" will still receive emailed invitations.
    [LIST][*]Plat sinks arent going to be affected by guild status, they're meant to be plat sinks. Besides, its one of the perks for VIP, so they're not going to sell themselves out for guilds either[*]That would be supremely cool once, then supremely annoying the 150 times after that....[*]Donation box yes, automatic tithing no. Guilds should thrive on active interplay, not automation. Plus, it incentivizes guilds just to add warm bodies so you can tax them.[*]NO to elitist grouping. LFGs would become impossible to find, especially for unguilded players. PUGs are probably one of the main ways, if not THE main way, players meet each other in the first place.[*]I always thought that "Decline Guild Invites" should be turned on by default, solves that problem.[*]Start a thread here? My guild uses the Message of the Day pretty effectively to spread awareness about things.[*]Start your own channel? Dont see what Turbine has to do that you couldnt do yourself there[*]Would be nice, but someone pointed out to me that's a Store feature, so again, not likely to get it free.[*]For buying or selling? You can sell up to the Barkeep already, of course. And, really, you can find General vendors just a short walk from many of the Airship docking platforms.[*]Spirit binder would become a de facto Airship port with /death...and it'd be the automatic best spirit bind point by far, because of all the interconnectivity and services[*]Tavern Regeneration from the barkeep already functions like a Rest shrine...restores HP and SP and charges while you wait[*]Striding would be nice, but I think they want to keep that functionality either level-gated through loot, crafting, spells, or yellow augments, or via the grind to get an upgraded Quiver from Abbott. Adding Guild Striding would devalue every current Striding option, kinda like how guild resist buffs already devalue resistance spells and gear.[*]Free? Or just all in one place to buy? I'd be fine with adding House buffers to the bindable options...but, again, plat sink, so they should still charge a "donation" to their House. It'd have to still be favor-gated, of course.[*]Some do, some dont. I dont think being able to get Resist All +60, for example, is exactly balanced. I'm pretty sure almost if not all the others are all untyped, or something uncommon like Artifact, and therefore stacking?[*]Yes, thats a no brainer. I'd also like to see all the buffs GIVEN at once by an NPC, rather than having to do the tour, although you're still limited with how many buffs can be added to that by your guild level/number of bindpoints.[*]Is there a problem with guild spam email? Plu it goes to your "Unconfirmed" box, IIRC, which is basically your spam box for DDO mail...

Community Member

Ugh. Stupid Forums dont let me Edit posts anymore, sorry....reposting with the closing tag, hopefully it doesnt eat the formatting again...
    • Plat sinks arent going to be affected by guild status, they're meant to be plat sinks. Besides, its one of the perks for VIP, so they're not going to sell themselves out for guilds either
    • That would be supremely cool once, then supremely annoying the 150 times after that....
    • Donation box yes, automatic tithing no. Guilds should thrive on active interplay, not automation. Plus, it incentivizes guilds just to add warm bodies so you can tax them.
    • NO to elitist grouping. LFGs would become impossible to find, especially for unguilded players. PUGs are probably one of the main ways, if not THE main way, players meet each other in the first place.
    • I always thought that "Decline Guild Invites" should be turned on by default, solves that problem.
    • Start a thread here? My guild uses the Message of the Day pretty effectively to spread awareness about things.
    • Start your own channel? Dont see what Turbine has to do that you couldnt do yourself there
    • Would be nice, but someone pointed out to me that's a Store feature, so again, not likely to get it free.
    • For buying or selling? You can sell up to the Barkeep already, of course. And, really, you can find General vendors just a short walk from many of the Airship docking platforms.
    • Spirit binder would become a de facto Airship port with /death...and it'd be the automatic best spirit bind point by far, because of all the interconnectivity and services
    • Tavern Regeneration from the barkeep already functions like a Rest shrine...restores HP and SP and charges while you wait
    • Striding would be nice, but I think they want to keep that functionality either level-gated through loot, crafting, spells, or yellow augments, or via the grind to get an upgraded Quiver from Abbott. Adding Guild Striding would devalue every current Striding option, kinda like how guild resist buffs already devalue resistance spells and gear.
    • Free? Or just all in one place to buy? I'd be fine with adding House buffers to the bindable options...but, again, plat sink, so they should still charge a "donation" to their House. It'd have to still be favor-gated, of course.
    • Some do, some dont. I dont think being able to get Resist All +60, for example, is exactly balanced. I'm pretty sure almost if not all the others are all untyped, or something uncommon like Artifact, and therefore stacking?
    • Yes, thats a no brainer. I'd also like to see all the buffs GIVEN at once by an NPC, rather than having to do the tour, although you're still limited with how many buffs can be added to that by your guild level/number of bindpoints.
    • Is there a problem with guild spam email? Plu it goes to your "Unconfirmed" box, IIRC, which is basically your spam box for DDO mail...

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    [
    Customizable Hierarchy with defined powers: invite, expell, promote, buy ammenities, etc.
    Already in : /guild createrank, /guild renamerank, ...

FUBARED since it was put live. Deactivated a few hours after being put live. Left to rot since then ( it's been years ).
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default Pause on buffs

How about having ship buffs paused while in public areas similar to slayer boosts, xp potions, etc.
    "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." -- George Bernard Shaw

Default User assignable hookpoints

Also, it would be nice to allow us to arrange the hookpoints where we want them. I would love to be able to put all the buff shrines in the same area, and to put the auctioneer, banker, tavern, mailbox, and ship chest all in the same area so I don't have to run all over the ship to get to them.
    "Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." -- George Bernard Shaw

Community Member

I like your ideas, OP.

I'd prefer a prioritization on individual housing and bug fixing, but nice work :]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Monteverdi View Post
    Hello, everyone.

After reading a lot about the issues concerning Guilds, I decided to wander around the forums and make a sort-of-permanent topic about Guilds. We should keep in mind that this list of ideas was not created by me alone, but by the community in the Forums. More will be added from comments.

We believe that Guilds are nesting places for new players, improvement sources for medium players and source of good mechanics for high-leveled players. With these concepts in mind, here are the ideas:

Guild Mechanics

• Guild Renown revamp.
    • Customizable Hierarchy with defined powers: invite, expell, promote, buy ammenities, etc.
    • Guilds influence Economy: Auction items that are bought from same-guild friends are not debited the standard amount of the Platinum; only 20%, not 30%.
    • Guild Level Announcement is a lazy little button for a great event. Customize it or make it better: flags in the Marketplace, fireworks over Harbor, moonlight sonata at Phiarlan, etc.
    • Gathering Platinum: Donation Box available as an Airship Amenitiy, open to receive Platinum from visitors. Money gathered that way would be available for pre-defined members who could only spend it in new ammenities or ship upgrading.
    • A standard amount (no higher than 10%) of the Gold and Platinum found in Treasure Chests goes automatically to the Guild Donation Box, as an Optional Feature.
    • Alliances: General Chat between the participating Guilds and open Airships among them. Customizable.
    • Guild/Alliance reserved Grouping on the same window as others, but with notification or invisible to others.
    • Guild Leaders can see an ID for each account, so he can know which character belongs to whom.
    • Guild Leaders can see Guild Renown contributed.
    • Better Airship division: it's too spread from guild level 55 to 80.
    • No more spamming level 1 characters with crazy Guild Invites.

Communication

• Guild Message Board. Or even small forum.
    • Partnership with TeamSpeak or even Raidcall for in-game conversations.

Ships and Homes

• A private Dojo for the guild, as in Lammania, where a private instance could be generated - to try spells, feats, show off. The Dojo would be customized by the person generating it (monsters, scenario, level). Everything from house Phiarlan's illusions, with love. (and in-game history based.)
    • Teleport to the Airship.
    • General Vendor or Weekly-reset Broker.
    • Spirit Binder aboard.
    • Rest shrine aboard.
    • Striding Amenity - non-stacking.
    • Avatar of Blessings - With all Favor-related blessings from all Houses and Spirit Binders.
    • Uniform Buff - an Armor Skin applied for 1h for everyone who wants it. Customizable.
    • Change Energy Resistance to Energy Abstorption (% based. Makes high-level worthy and doesn't break low-level quests.)
    • Barkeep with exotic-better-food and a shirt.
    • Guild Buffs should stack.

Aesthetics

• Offline players appear as NPCs on the boat.
    • Named boats / Nameplates.
    • Other kinds of Guild spaces: towers, sewers, open fields, etc.
    • Guild Hierarchy can be seen by everyone - mainly Leader and Officers - with a small Crown and Shields. Customizable. Can be turned off.
    • A single Icon for all Ship buffs with a common timer (uncrowds the buffs bar.) On Mouse Over you can see specification.
    • Better placement of ammenities (fire that Feng-Shui master that designed them in the first place). More open spaces, less cramped hallways and small doorways.
    • Change Airship background. Customizable. You fall off to that place.

Bugs

• Airship Dialogue window is still open when you leave the Airship.
    • 'Usurp' button not showing/not working.
    • Players who have turned off "Accept Guild Invites" will still receive emailed invitations.
    • The DDO Store version of the Small Guild Chest incorrectly only allows Officers or Leaders to access the chest.
    • Fix the ship colors.
    I Agree - I hate inviting a new player into guild to get guild chest robbed and they leave messing up Guild bonus for 14 days, and leaving our new member or their new toons without Gear help. How hard is it to fix the ranking system and access list, they revamped the whole enhancement system. Really This is the only MMORPG I ever played where the guilds were cookie cutter and have no theme or style
    I would love to create a Biker theme Ranking system or mafia style But NO.

Player Housing Yea I'm game ::: Think DDO all the Shards you would sell creating a housing system, With wall Mounted Trophies of things you kill :Cough Dragon heads; Medusa stuff trphie; Kobald Shamen, Etc Guild ship should be more like transport, and buffs before going to quests, housing should be a place to Chill, Store-loot or Craft. .

Expand the Crafting to make anything: Multiple Prefixes and suffix, With marks of Cannith - master 1 -2 level - master 2 add a prefix or suffix. /craft potions - and skill bases the Duration = Not Spell pots of course wouldn't want you to lose income oh but wait maybe you could make those craftable and make more money off the housing system. This might appeal to the sim player market and open up new customer acquisition.