Community Member

Default Ideas to improve emmersion (wish list)

Wilderness are XP/kill

Each kill XP - loot drops,
    Difficuly Color coded by level -
    Grey no XP/loot - ignores you no agro -
    Blue - - Yawn ignores you no agro
    Green - No sweat ignores you no agro
    Yellow - normal agro
    Red Challenge agro
    Purple (+)- Good luck Agro The + is increasing Difficulty

- You could even create - Collection Quests - Example : kill X amount of Creature A - Get for finger bones off Creature B -

- Player housing System - Buy, a house furnish it, Wall mounted trophies, or stuff trophies, to decorate the area. The Materials should be dropped in the end chest of those kills or Random bags like collectable for common mobs- Personal banker outside your house or Servants.
    - Make quests drop materials required to Make the trophies, this will bolster the game economy and encourage re-playability one.
    - Professions Armorer, Sword-smith, Etc.
    - Player personal Vendor at the home - Can list direct to buy items - With a Tax like AH or Shard Exchange - No Auction just walk up a buy.
    - Craft able potions - Healing, Stat buffs - That stack with buffs and Gear - Anything you can get in-game you can craft - Duration based on Skill + stat base and crafting rank
    -- Portable Merchant Summon stone, Sell only to be used in quest
    -- A Free Roam - Area with Keeps towers and castles that guilds can claim for bonus,, and random events will attack those keeps and guild have to defend or be lost, Epic Only castles- Towers Heroic -
    Limit 1 Guild Claim- also the PVP possibilities dare I say it. -- Maybe even a Cross Server world - 1 Server Verse another - man the possibilities are endless with this.

-- Guild alliances - With a guild alliance Chat Box - Just makes socializing easier, Alliance can be created above level 150 - and then tie the number of guilds allowed in the alliance I.E X amount at 150 - 160, Etc.
    player Ranking system based on past lives - title Player X - Title based on Past lives:
    Guild emblem on Shield or Cloak -
    Make completionist automatic past life feat, a person who went tr'ed that much earned it.

Fix the guild ranking system please. and allow for more customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadokhan View Post
    Wilderness are XP/kill

Each kill XP - loot drops,
    Difficuly Color coded by level -
    Grey no XP/loot - ignores you no agro -
    Blue - - Yawn ignores you no agro
    Green - No sweat ignores you no agro
    Yellow - normal agro
    Red Challenge agro
    Purple (+)- Good luck Agro The + is increasing Difficulty

- You could even create - Collection Quests - Example : kill X amount of Creature A - Get for finger bones off Creature B -

- Player housing System - Buy, a house furnish it, Wall mounted trophies, or stuff trophies, to decorate the area. The Materials should be dropped in the end chest of those kills or Random bags like collectable for common mobs- Personal banker outside your house or Servants.
    - Make quests drop materials required to Make the trophies, this will bolster the game economy and encourage re-playability one.
    - Professions Armorer, Sword-smith, Etc.
    - Player personal Vendor at the home - Can list direct to buy items - With a Tax like AH or Shard Exchange - No Auction just walk up a buy.
    - Craft able potions - Healing, Stat buffs - That stack with buffs and Gear - Anything you can get in-game you can craft - Duration based on Skill + stat base and crafting rank
    -- Portable Merchant Summon stone, Sell only to be used in quest
    -- A Free Roam - Area with Keeps towers and castles that guilds can claim for bonus,, and random events will attack those keeps and guild have to defend or be lost, Epic Only castles- Towers Heroic -
    Limit 1 Guild Claim- also the PVP possibilities dare I say it. -- Maybe even a Cross Server world - 1 Server Verse another - man the possibilities are endless with this.

-- Guild alliances - With a guild alliance Chat Box - Just makes socializing easier, Alliance can be created above level 150 - and then tie the number of guilds allowed in the alliance I.E X amount at 150 - 160, Etc.
    player Ranking system based on past lives - title Player X - Title based on Past lives:
    Guild emblem on Shield or Cloak -
    Make completionist automatic past life feat, a person who went tr'ed that much earned it.

Fix the guild ranking system please. and allow for more customization.
    Well this is another game you are asking.

And your requested changes are pretty things I hate in other MMOs so definitely not signed.

Also how would that improve immersion?
    Sarlona ~ Endgame

I see a wish list, yes.
    I don't see much in the way of immersion improvement. Then again, such things tend to be subjective - but still...

Community Member

All these suggestion look like a big waste of developer time.

Community Member

Default nice feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    All these suggestion look like a big waste of developer time.
    Thanks for your color-full feedback, how long will people keep paying for the same thing till it gets old DDO needs to do something to expand their player base.
    Yea I made completionist now what do I do Go for 3x comp, them what.

_ Forgot one - Fix whalloon Epic wilderness its not playable in a Full group the lag is horrible. Maybe that worth the dev's time.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Moar questing. problem solved.

My thoughts on a few of your suggestions...

Wilderness area updates:
    It makes sense that some mobs will attack you and others won't, but the current system of having everything aggro you is fine too, IMHO. I never really had a problem with that. Adding random encounters to every wilderness zone would be more interesting I think.

Housing System:
    Sounds neat. I think this could be an interesting addition.

Free Roam:
    Sounds like it would only be interesting to large guilds, who would have enough players on to be able to defend a tower or keep at any particular time. Instead, I would prefer this would just be a quest where you defend a tower or keep so that anyone could enjoy this.

As for improving immersion, I always thought the #1 best thing they could do is have NPCs speak instead of having dialogue boxes that you have to read...because we all know we just click, click, click through dialogue boxes to get to the action. The trick though is to not have long-winded dialogues that hold up the action like we get with some end fights.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

How do I emmerse myself?
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Community Member

Default Gear That Levels up -

Named gear that levels up as you do with experience and power unlocks - and give it a max level -

I see nothing I want or that would improve immersion

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE