Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FullBleed View Post
    Where do I submit a ticket?

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...newwizard.asp?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Please fix the redirect. It's such a simple thing that it's embarrasing that it's still not working.

Also, pretty much every link everywhere to the game ends in a 404. Not exactly good advertising.
    Walchek @ Ghallanda

Community Member

Default Piece of Cake. You are making it a lie.

PLEASE
    Add this code to the damn .htaccess file.
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/en/showthread.php?t=([^/\.]+)/?$ /forums/showthread.php/$1 [r=301]
    It's really THAT simple.

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    PLEASE
    Add this code to the damn .htaccess file.
    Code:
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^/en/showthread.php?t=([^/\.]+)/?$ /forums/showthread.php/$1 [r=301]
    It's really THAT simple.
    Yea, but they're running nginx, not apache...

You'd have to use this: http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_ht...te_module.html

My regex is not great, but I believe your rewrite rule would work:

server {
    rewrite ^/en/showthread.php?t=([^/\.]+)/?$ /forums/showthread.php/$1 last;
    }
    Farog on Khyber

Community Member

Does this have anything to do with issues like I now have a new forum ID, I used to be Rauven but it wouldn't let me choose that name when I logged in, and I have lost all of my rep. I haven't really kept up with the forums lately. I knew some changes were coming but this is the first time I've logged in since the redesign.

::Edit::
    And my join date is now May 2013 instead of July 2009.

Community Member

Question What's the status on the forum name fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Greetings! We wanted to provide an update on our progress regarding forum and website issues as it stands this evening:

• We have made adjustments tonight to help mitigate the website time out issue. This fix is temporary, but should greatly reduce the frequency of the dropped sessions. We will be implementing some more changes to resolve any lingering time out issues.
    • Work continues to assist players with forum name issues. We have identified the following migration issues, and work arounds until the fixes are deployed:
      • If your country is not selected in myaccount.turbine.com (specifically the "Select Country" field in the drop down list) this can cause an error message when you attempt to log into the site. You do not need to select US/Canada as the country in myaccount.turbine.com - additionally we are working to add the rest of the country options in the web UI to correspond to the options in myaccount
      • Players with extremely long passwords may experience issues when logging into the site even though the game launcher accepts the password. While we are working to correct this issue, keeping the password length to 16 characters can help to mitigate the issue until our fix is deployed.

• Some forum names did not migrate properly, and we are working to repair these accounts with a deployment next week. If you are submitting a ticket regarding a lost or incorrect forum name, please include "Forum Name Migration Error" in the subject of your ticket so we can ensure that it is routed to the correct team members who are already working on the issue (if you already submitted a ticket you don't need to resubmit).
    • Yellow-on-white text and alignment issues are currently in the process of being repaired. We will also be introducing some less.... demonwebby backgrounds.
    • Character Copy for the Lamannia Beta Server is back at it's new URL! Log into the site and visit http://www.ddo.com/en/character_copy (you must be logged in to use it). Important Character Copy notes:
      • If you have not played your character for a very long time, it may not appear in the available list. Logging the character in can help the character copy tool find your character (it may take up to 24 hours for the character to appear).
      • Characters with very recent re-names may experience errors when attempting to copy
      • Wayfinder characters may experience errors when attempting to copy
      • You may see previously deleted characters in your available character list

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work to resolve these issues!
    What's the status on the fix I highlighted from the OP quoted above? Tomorrow's the last weekday of "next week".

Community Member

Thumbs down can't seem to get logged in with my real credentials from before the new design

After a million and one "timed out" issues (in 3 seconds, really??), I finally got a step further and was told my former forum name "Tevasama" was not permitted as a display name. So I tried "Teva" and now I appear to be stuck with a new forum name and apparently a new forum account "Join Date May 2013" but hopefully not a new game account? And no way to change the display name in account options...

Additional info: that progress of getting logged in at all was after noticing an obscure note to use game credentials not forum credentials... is that why I ended up with a new join date is I used the game info as directed instead of my old forum info?
    Last edited by Teva; 05-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teva View Post
    is that why I ended up with a new join date is I used the game info as directed instead of my old forum info?
    No you got hit with the same glitch that a large portion of us did. See bullet point number in Tolero's post:

[*]Some forum names did not migrate properly, and we are working to repair these accounts with a deployment next week. If you are submitting a ticket regarding a lost or incorrect forum name, please include "Forum Name Migration Error" in the subject of your ticket so we can ensure that it is routed to the correct team members who are already working on the issue (if you already submitted a ticket you don't need to resubmit).
    So if you want your old forum name back submit a ticket and then enjoy the wait with the rest of us... (Has anyone gotten their name back after a ticket yet?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrelarVersion2 View Post
    No you got hit with the same glitch that a large portion of us did. See bullet point number in Tolero's post:

So if you want your old forum name back submit a ticket and then enjoy the wait with the rest of us... (Has anyone gotten their name back after a ticket yet?)
    Still waiting. I have email from Turbine English saying something about their trying to get all the toothpaste back in the tube. I'm sure they will get it fixed "soon", but it is a **** sandwich on PITA bread in the meantime. Edit--didn't use the s word. Let's see if ****deck is refer too...
    Last edited by tacitus13; 05-11-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    I'm so glad my darned signature is gone...really...no...

Community Member

Any news?

Anything, really.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Yea, but they're running nginx, not apache...

You'd have to use this: http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_ht...te_module.html

My regex is not great, but I believe your rewrite rule would work:

server {
    rewrite ^/en/showthread.php?t=([^/\.]+)/?$ /forums/showthread.php/$1 last;
    }
    No **** we'r getting all the errors, including the corrupted content!

Gotta love it how @ tur(d)bine they don't even know how to properly run a server, let alone a website! I really do wonder how they heck they manage to stay in business. WB must be mad as hell...
    Last edited by andy310; 05-11-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: cuz I can't write turbine with a db in it...

Community Member

Question

Greetings! We wanted to provide an update on our progress regarding forum and website issues as it stands this evening:

• We have made adjustments tonight to help mitigate the website time out issue. This fix is temporary, but should greatly reduce the frequency of the dropped sessions. We will be implementing some more changes to resolve any lingering time out issues.
    • Work continues to assist players with forum name issues. We have identified the following migration issues, and work arounds until the fixes are deployed:
      • If your country is not selected in myaccount.turbine.com (specifically the "Select Country" field in the drop down list) this can cause an error message when you attempt to log into the site. You do not need to select US/Canada as the country in myaccount.turbine.com - additionally we are working to add the rest of the country options in the web UI to correspond to the options in myaccount
      • Players with extremely long passwords may experience issues when logging into the site even though the game launcher accepts the password. While we are working to correct this issue, keeping the password length to 16 characters can help to mitigate the issue until our fix is deployed.

• Some forum names did not migrate properly, and we are working to repair these accounts with a deployment next week. If you are submitting a ticket regarding a lost or incorrect forum name, please include "Forum Name Migration Error" in the subject of your ticket so we can ensure that it is routed to the correct team members who are already working on the issue (if you already submitted a ticket you don't need to resubmit).
    • Yellow-on-white text and alignment issues are currently in the process of being repaired. We will also be introducing some less.... demonwebby backgrounds.
    • Character Copy for the Lamannia Beta Server is back at it's new URL! Log into the site and visit http://www.ddo.com/en/character_copy (you must be logged in to use it). Important Character Copy notes:
      • If you have not played your character for a very long time, it may not appear in the available list. Logging the character in can help the character copy tool find your character (it may take up to 24 hours for the character to appear).
      • Characters with very recent re-names may experience errors when attempting to copy
      • Wayfinder characters may experience errors when attempting to copy
      • You may see previously deleted characters in your available character list

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work to resolve these issues!
    Can we get an update on when the fix will be implemented? The estimate for a week was 10 days ago.

Default class subforums

I'm curious about whether or not the class subforums are going to be included in the upcoming website fixes. I mean, it's nice that we have our class forums back, but it's kind of pointless without migrating the old class-prefix threads into their respective subs...

nearly 2 weeks since my last auto-reply from account support.

Any chance of an update?

The funny part is that I desperately wanted to be able to change my username since when I signed up on DDO I didn't know how RP intensive it was and used a character name instead of my more well known online name that's associated with my art and gallery. ^^;

So funnily I'm very happy with the name change for me, but wish I could get back my old reputation score which was pretty darned high. >.> I wonder if I can request to have my previous reputation transferred to my new name. lol
    Formerly known as Luadrilae.
    PhaeShalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantArt gallery

Community Member

received today

Greetings!

We wanted to give you a status update regarding your forum account. Our web developers will be deploying a fix to correct your forum account within the next day or two. You do not need to take any action at this time, and once our deployment is complete we will send another email to confirm that we've completed the process. Thank you so much for your patience while we work to correct your account!

Thank you,
    The Turbine Customer Service Team

Yeah...good luck with that. I had different problems...but finally got in with my old forum name.

This new site still sucks eggs. And only a fraction of folks I would see here before are here now. Bad Turbine....bad bad bad....

Yeah...good luck with that. I had different problems...but finally got in with my old forum name.

This new site still sucks eggs. And only a fraction of folks I would see here before are here now. Bad Turbine....bad bad bad....

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THAC0 View Post

With these double posts (that happen a lot when you get "corrupt content error" page when you try to post) I recommend just leaving them as a testimony to how bad these forums are.

Cordovan and company can clean them up if they want... maybe it'll give them some fuel to go to the powers that **** out this monstrous steaming pile, and get them to fix it.

There is just no excuse for this mess to still be utterly broken 3 weeks later.

They are clearly not even working on the forums.

Makes me wonder if Turbine isn't maybe about to purge a bunch of employees and close it's doors... that's how absentee and neglected this **** hole feels.

EDIT: I'm actually a little disappointed that I didn't get a "corrupt content error" and a double post when I posted this. Damn forum can't even be BROKEN consistently.

Community Member

Well, the fix didn't work for me.

Waiting again...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast