Community Member

Default Determine appearance parameters of an existing character?

Hi,

is there a possibility to determine the parameters of an existing character's appearance? Such as the "number" for hair style, nose, skin color, etc.?

It's not nice to have a new, randomized appearance when reincarnating and having to "guess" the original parameters.

Take a screenshot before hitting "create" next time... You won't have to guess ever again.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

As a partial fix, take a screen shot of your character before TR, so you can compare creation options?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Default No.

Short answer, no.

A tip which you will find irritating because it will really help, but only for NEXT time:
    when you are happy with the appearance, jot down the numbers or stick them in a text file in your DDO folder.

Stable door, I know, but I do it now for every character.

EDIT: And Turbine, how about a little gift to us - a button on the Character Create screen for "Repeat previous appearance"?
    Last edited by Brunhildha; 08-02-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    www.LegendsGuild.eu - on Thelanis
    Brunhildha (Stroppy healer); Niwareka (Sneaky Ranger); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk); Juss (Hitty Healer); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy)

Community Member

Tiefling's Advocate....if you get it close enough that you cant tell whats different, eg if you cant look at the nose and say "no its not that one", isn't that close enough?

Community Member

If you happen to have an empty character slot, you can also create a new character just to fiddle with the appearance until it is the same (or close enough for you) and then write those numbers down.

And yeah, I like Brunhildha's suggestion of a "repeat" button.

Quote Originally Posted by brunhildha View Post
    and turbine, how about a little gift to us - a button on the character create screen for "repeat previous appearance"?
    this

Community Member

Thanks for the advice.

A "Repeat" Button would be great. Last time I reincarnated I got everything right but the skin color. The lightning conditions are much darker in the character editor compared to most of the game, that makes it difficult to get the colors right.