Community Member

Default Problem with the Cursor

Not sure what kind of problem this is but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. What's happening is as soon as I launch the game and it brings me to the character select screen the cursor automatically goes to the bottom of the screen and if I try to move it back up it goes right back to to the bottom. It didn't happen until I had my girlfriend sign on to her account on my computer and even then it didn't happen until she finished creating her character and was about to go through the intro level. I have tried reinstalling it but that hasn't fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by imoofan View Post
    Not sure what kind of problem this is but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. What's happening is as soon as I launch the game and it brings me to the character select screen the cursor automatically goes to the bottom of the screen and if I try to move it back up it goes right back to to the bottom. It didn't happen until I had my girlfriend sign on to her account on my computer and even then it didn't happen until she finished creating her character and was about to go through the intro level. I have tried reinstalling it but that hasn't fixed it.
    Did you get this fixed? I've been having the same problem lately. Just since the last patch (18.3).

I'll be playing fine, and then suddenly the cursor moves down to the bottom and sticks there. If I move it back up it goes back down again. If I switch to another program and back to DDO, it fixes itself. But it happens a lot. I just played for about 2 hours, and it must have done it about 15 times, so it's getting to be pretty annoying.

Anyone seeing anything similar?

I'm using a Gigabyte gaming mouse, if that matters.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Are you using a laptop?
    Does it happen after pressing Esc?
    Have you tried Alt-Enter and Alt-Enter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Are you using a laptop?
    No. Desktop.

Does it happen after pressing Esc?
    No, there is no apparent correlation between what I am pressing and when it goes off. I don't have to be pressing anything at all and it will sometimes happen. At least as far as I can tell.

Have you tried Alt-Enter and Alt-Enter?
    No, why would that fix it? I use Alt-Tab to get out and then back in. I can try Alt-Enter and see what happens.

I switched from windowed to fullscreen mode, and it seems to happen a lot less. Although it does still happen (more like once an hour or so in fullscreen, as compared to every few minutes in Windowed).
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member

Default Same issue

I have installed a new mouse, Logitech m950 and I'm getting the same issue where the cursor runs to the top of the screen. No configuration options seem to affect it. It worked the first time I played but now any login and the choose character screen, the cursor runs away to the top. There's no problem with any other applications or games I play.