Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!
    Posts
    443

    Default Lamannia Downtime

    Hello!

    Lamannia will be coming down tomorrow (Friday, May 3) from 8am to 10am EST (GMT -4) for some Maintenance. This downtime will not bring new content to Lamannia.

    Next Monday (May 6), Lamannia will have another Update. (Downtime from 10am to 2pm EST (GMT -4).) Monday's Update will bring new fun things to Lamannia (Update 18 quests). We will be removing the New Enhancements and going back to the current Live version of Enhancements. Because this transition can cause issues, we will also have a Character Wipe at this time.

    Smiles,
    Squeak
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 05-06-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: U18 to Lamannia no longer Delayed

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hello!

    Lamannia will be coming down tomorrow (Friday, May 3) from 8am to 10am EST (GMT -4) for some Maintenance. This downtime will not bring new content to Lamannia.

    Next Monday (May 6), Lamannia will have another Update. (Downtime from 10am to 2pm EST (GMT -4).) Monday's Update will bring new fun things to Lamannia (Update 18 quests). We will be removing the New Enhancements and going back to the current Live version of Enhancements. Because this transition can cause issues, we will also have a Character Wipe at this time.

    Smiles,
    Squeak
    Will we have a new link to the character copy tool?

    Also is U18 expansion stuff or are we getting one more update before that hits?

  3. #3
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!
    Posts
    443

    Default

    We are not entirely sure if the Character Copy tool is going to be up and running by Monday. While we are aiming to have it ready by then, we may run into issues that will delay its release. Fortunately, it is easier now to create a character from scratch with the Test Dojo.

    Also, U18 is not the Shadowfell Conspiracy Expansion Pack.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    We are not entirely sure if the Character Copy tool is going to be up and running by Monday. While we are aiming to have it ready by then, we may run into issues that will delay its release. Fortunately, it is easier now to create a character from scratch with the Test Dojo.

    Also, U18 is not the Shadowfell Conspiracy Expansion Pack.
    Thanks Squeak. As long as you get the copy tool working by the next time enhancements are put up I'll be happy. It's hard to get a feel for how the changes affect your character if you can't get your exact character over to try out.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6

    Thumbs up

    looking foward to some new content. Hopefully by the time you do the wipe i can figure out and fix the lag i have been encountering for the last month. And I don't mind that the chacter copy is not working by then hope you take time and make it work like it should. And a big Whoya U18 ?

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    . We will be removing the New Enhancements and going back to the current Live version of Enhancements. Because this transition can cause issues, we will also have a Character Wipe at this time.

    Smiles,
    Squeak
    What does this mean for the new enhancements? Have they been shelved for the time being, if so for how long, if so any reason why? Are they being re-evaluated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  7. #7
    Community Member ~quintino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    What does this mean for the new enhancements? Have they been shelved for the time being, if so for how long, if so any reason why? Are they being re-evaluated?
    Maybe it's because the devs would want more focus feedback on the next update rather than the new enhancements we've seen so far

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    108

    Default

    The enhancements were a first preview. Now they will go back to devland for a bit and then we will get another preview.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    What does this mean for the new enhancements? Have they been shelved for the time being, if so for how long, if so any reason why? Are they being re-evaluated?
    No, the new enhancements are going to be tweaked and internally tested for a week or few while we play with the U18 stuff. Then we will get another month of Enhancements after they have been able to pass their internal BVT (Build Verification Test).

    I am guessing they got a lot of small changes to make along with some changes due to suggestions.

  10. #10
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!
    Posts
    443

    Default

    The new Enhancements are returning to dev land so we can continue working on them. Thank you for all of your feedback so far! (Surveys will remain available until Monday.)

    We are removing the new Enhancements from Lamannia for a couple of reasons:
    1. We want to receive focused feedback on the new content to arrive to Lamannia
    2. Since Enhancements are not going out with the next Update, we need to remove them before the new content goes to Live. We also want to give ourselves some time to ensure that the Enhancements are returned to the current Live setup.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default Update 18

    Squeak, can you give us a short description of Update 18? For example, we know 19 (the expansion) will have the Stormhorn Mountains and the slave city. Aside from more augments, there's barely been a peep about the Update 18 content.

  12. #12
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Update 18 features quests introducing the Storm Horns and Wheloon (the prison city)! You will also have access to the Wheloon public area (currently available on Lamannia via a boat in the northern part of Eveningstar).

  13. #13
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Update 18 features quests introducing the Storm Horns and Wheloon (the prison city)! You will also have access to the Wheloon public area (currently available on Lamannia via a boat in the northern part of Eveningstar).
    Does this mean there will be more PDK favor?

    Please be yes.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Does this mean there will be more PDK favor?

    Please be yes.
    Of course not! We'll get yet another faction to earn favor for. Maybe prison gang favor.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Given that the person we have been chasing for the Harpers was last seeing entering the stormhorns, I expect it to be harper favor

  16. #16
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    /sigh

    It'd be really nice if we could upgrade pdk loot without having to run nearly everything on EE.

  17. #17
    The Hatchery DarkForte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    /sigh

    It'd be really nice if we could upgrade pdk loot without having to run nearly everything on EE.
    I don't mind running the EEs.

    I DO mind running the 2 heroic quests and the challenges. I'd gladly run a few more epic elites to skip those.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default Wheloon Docks

    Nobody appears to have mentioned this, but the Wheloon docks are currently accessible from Eveningstar (there's a dock a little bit west of the ne bridge). Three quests are indicated for pdk favor, although none are currently accessible.

    The Wheloon docks are fully populated with a tavern, people who give info and so forth. Also, they're a bit creepy with shadow creatures running around.

    Check it out before the character wipe.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6

    Thumbs up Wheloon Docks

    took your advice and went to check it out was very intersting looking foward to monday

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Update 18 features quests introducing the Storm Horns and Wheloon (the prison city)! You will also have access to the Wheloon public area (currently available on Lamannia via a boat in the northern part of Eveningstar).
    So update 18 is the "Web of Chaos" to Update 19's "Menace"?

    Kinda wondering if you know if it'll be 1 pack or 2 in the DDO store... They sound like 2 separate theme/quest arcs/yadda.
    Or if like Web of Chaos, it's intended to be F2P... Inquiring minds want to know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload