Default New Forums and Login

So my old forum name / account was different from my game name. I realize the new forum uses your game name instead. However, when verifying your login you can choose a name to display.....I thought great I can just display my old forum name.

I tried several times. However, it tells me that name is not allowed? Why wouldn't my old forum name be allowed?

Community Member

Default Simple answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsnomed View Post
    So my old forum name / account was different from my game name. I realize the new forum uses your game name instead. However, when verifying your login you can choose a name to display.....I thought great I can just display my old forum name.

I tried several times. However, it tells me that name is not allowed? Why wouldn't my old forum name be allowed?
    Turbine.

(they screwed up (shocking I know) with the forum merger. Your old name is still in the void, but since the name already exists, you cannot choose it again. You cannot access it. You are noob now.)

I just signed up on the new forums and couldn't get my previous forum name either. Oh well, at least I can post here now. I haven't been able to post for months (or maybe years) because I forgot my forum password and there was no way to reset it.

Pretty common problem. Some accounts didn't get handled properly during the changeover and they're trying to figure out how to fix it.

Here is the post from Tolero that talks about it. They don't know how to fix it yet, but submit your info via the form/bug report she links to and they'll put you on the list of people to fix.

Thanks for the replies. I submitted a ticket.....hopefully it will be fixed.

I would hate for someone to not realize its me trolling them.

Default No response

SO I submitted a ticket to turbine about 24 hours ago.....and guess what? No response....nothing....not even a hey you are number 1000 on this list and will get to your issue Soonish.

I have played several MMO games and in every single one any submitted ticket was responded to within a couple hours.

Anyone have a guess how long I will have to wait? Days? Weeks? Months? Years?