Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    DDO Producer

Talking It's a Party! A Lamannia Party!

Lamannia Party!

Hey folks! For the next three weeks we are going to be running a community party on Lamannia! From Thursday April 12th, through April 28th we will be having events on Lamannia! You personally can win 250 Turbine Points once a day, just for showing up! That’s right! Every day, for just for coming to Lamannia you can win Turbine Points. If you win every day for a week that is 1750 Turbine Points! Not a bad deal eh?

Why are we doing this? Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine. What does this mean…well…everything will be better of course! But…that also means we need to monitor the performance of these changes with “normal” player behavior. There had to be a catch right?

What we are looking for is anything out of the ordinary, traps not trapping, moving platforms not moving, animations broken on monsters, spells not working or looking weird, bosses not being bossy, and anything else that is out of the ordinary or looks weird when you play YOUR character. These backend systems touch a broad range of features in DDO-the guts of the game so to speak.

So here is how we will be focusing on the feedback:

Every two days we will look at a region. There will be Devs/OCR or QA kobolds around every other day to hand out loot, levels and whatnot to make your questing easier.

So come join us! Have some fun, get some free prizes and hang out with the creators of DDO! Help us get the universe ready for the Forgotten Realms!

Woooooo, Party!

I'll be there with my best and shiniest crystals.

Dev Events for this week - all times are Eastern (GMT-4)

4/16 - 5pm to 8pm in House K and House J

4/18 - 7pm to 10pm in Upper/Lower Necro and Ataraxia's Haven

4/20 - 10am to 1pm in the Twelve, Meridia, and Lordsmarch Plaza
    __________________________________________________ _________________

More Events!

4/23 - 5pm to 8pm in Amrath, House Cannith, and the Inspired Quarter

4/25 - 10am to 1pm Everywhere for miscellaneous raids

We'll see you there!
    Last edited by KookieKobold; 04-23-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Updated More!

Sounds awesome and fun, Maj & Kookie.

I know people are going to ask, so I'll do so first: Will we/Can we get a Character Wipe before the party starts?
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

DDO Producer

Why yes you can!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Lamannia Party!

Hey folks! For the next three weeks we are going to be running a community party on Lamannia! From Thursday April 12th, through April 28th we will be having events on Lamannia! You personally can win 250 Turbine Points once a day, just for showing up! That’s right! Every day, for just for coming to Lamannia you can win Turbine Points. If you win every day for a week that is 1750 Turbine Points! Not a bad deal eh?
    Do I have to show up at a dev event or just anytime during the day?

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

How big of a change to the back-end of the engine of the game are we talking about anyway? Sounds like anything and everything can happen.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

will there be cake?

Hooray! I'll copy my characters over right now!

Doh! Four of the five of them just failed transfer. *sad*
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Cool

Woohhoooo!!! Last one there is a rotten egg!!!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

If we win tp will it be for live or lamannia?

I asked because someone will probably ask the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberian99 View Post
    If we win tp will it be for live or lamannia?

I asked because someone will probably ask the same thing.
    Already answered in another thread: it's TP for Live servers, not Lamannia.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Lamannia Party!

Why are we doing this? Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine. What does this mean…well…everything will be better of course! But…that also means we need to monitor the performance of these changes with “normal” player behavior. There had to be a catch right?

What we are looking for is anything out of the ordinary, traps not trapping, moving platforms not moving, animations broken on monsters, spells not working or looking weird, bosses not being bossy, and anything else that is out of the ordinary or looks weird when you play YOUR character. These backend systems touch a broad range of features in DDO-the guts of the game so to speak.

So here is how we will be focusing on the feedback:

Every two days we will look at a region. There will be Devs/OCR or QA kobolds around every other day to hand out loot, levels and whatnot to make your questing easier.

So come join us! Have some fun, get some free prizes and hang out with the creators of DDO! Help us get the universe ready for the Forgotten Realms!
    So just to be absolutely crystal clear-

I have a 16*250 = 4000 tp incentive to be on everyday on lamannia from the 12th to the 28th to make sure that the game is operating smoothly?

Is there a length of time or some task I need to perform during my time on in order to, in fact, receive the points?
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    So just to be absolutely crystal clear-

I have a 16*250 = 4000 tp incentive to be on everyday on lamannia from the 12th to the 28th to make sure that the game is operating smoothly?

Is there a length of time or some task I need to perform during my time on in order to, in fact, receive the points?
    To be clear you have a chance of getting points. There will be multiple winners every day, I have many many codes at my disposal, I plan on having none at the end of the month.
    And no, just showing up is all that is required, but we would love it if you did things. Anything really.

Community Member

Do we wait until after Thursday to download Lam, or can we download it tonight?

Cool, Lamaland should be jumpin this weekend. Will try to log on and mess around to see all the tweaks you guys made.

Will cross my fingers n hope my toons make it over. I have exceptionally bad luck when it comes to failed character copies for some reason! X0.0X

Cya this weekend!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Question

What time exactly will you be wiping the server???
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

To be clear you have a chance of getting points. There will be multiple winners every day, I have many many codes at my disposal, I plan on having none at the end of the month.
    And no, just showing up is all that is required, but we would love it if you did things. Anything really.
    ah! I see now

Thanks for clarifying!
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm planning on playing with air jets.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

<Kobold voice on>
    Oooh !! Party !!
    <Kobold voice off>

Will there be European Compatible Party Times ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Aw great, complete character copy fail >.<

...ok, not quite complete. Copied one as a test - fine. Copied main batch of three - all failed. Copied one more for the last slot to re-try - worked. Pity it was the characters in the middle block that I cared about.
    Last edited by Entimix; 04-11-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    Ghallanda: Brizithra ~ Alenita | Some other folks elsewhere

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast