Default Enough of Turbine bashing

Really, EVERY little thing turbine does, people are complaining like I've never seen before.

Sure there are issues, the game, store, website & forums are a huge amount of work and coordination.
    And with something so complex, there will be issues.
    But all of the whining lately is a little over the top.
    What tipped the scale to prompt this thread is the ribbon.
    It' free. It honors people that are victims of a cowardly act. I think Turbine went above & beyond the call to make that happen.

The forums are fine, get used to the change. Use stylish add-on & adblock plus to customize the way you want.
    It's a work in progress. yes I know some of you do this for a living, but the amount of hate is overwhelming.

Want to opine all day? Go to Lammania and fill out surveys bug reports, and make your voice count for something instead of *****ing like (insert moniker)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Said the user with a full working forum account...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Really, EVERY little thing turbine does, people are complaining like I've never seen before.

Sure there are issues, the game, store, website & forums are a huge amount of work and coordination.
    It' free. It honors people that are victims of a cowardly act. I think Turbine went above & beyond the call to make that happen.

The forums are fine, get used to the change. Use stylish add-on & adblock plus to customize the way you want.
    It's a work in progress. yes I know some of you do this for a living, but the amount of hate is overwhelming.

Want to opine all day? Go to Lammania and fill out surveys bug reports, and make your voice count for something instead of *****ing like (insert moniker)

There are bugs. There are problem. But, the thing to remember is that mentally ill people exist in all facets of life. It's clear that people who come on the forums with overly dramatic statements that make no sense, and who also complain about every little design decision they don't like, as though the game should only revolve around them and what they want, suffer from several problems. These aren't mature, fully functioning adults. Sometimes it's hard to remember that DDO is a game and probably has a lot of children players. Many of these constant complainers are probably just children who haven't learned what life is about. Simply ignoring them, or laughing at them, is probably the best policy. There's really nothing else that can be done.

Community Member

It' free. It honors people that are victims of a cowardly act.

This is where I stopped reading, because you proved that you hadn't taken 10 seconds to read the threads to find out why people are upset.

Yes, a small number don't want real life intruding in game. That's not whining, its a valid opinion.

But the larger fuss is that IT ISN'T free to everyone. The in store promotions say nothing about a free option. And, even people who knew about the coupon didn't always use it because the language made it appear that actual sales were supporting the charity. People paid $1 to help a good cause and it isn't helping a good cause, its helping Turbine's bottom line.

It now seems like it is a MASSIVE screw up on Turbine's part (they appear to have taken a different tact that avoids this in LOTRO), but they have done nothing to fix it so they are PROFITTING on the deaths.

All they have to do is say they will issue refunds to anyone who paid the 100TP without using a coupon and this all goes away...

Also, starting a rant thread about what you call rant threads? Now that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    There are bugs. There are problem. But, the thing to remember is that mentally ill people exist in all facets of life. It's clear that people who come on the forums with overly dramatic statements that make no sense, and who also complain about every little design decision they don't like, as though the game should only revolve around them and what they want, suffer from several problems. These aren't mature, fully functioning adults. Sometimes it's hard to remember that DDO is a game and probably has a lot of children players. Many of these constant complainers are probably just children who haven't learned what life is about. Simply ignoring them, or laughing at them, is probably the best policy. There's really nothing else that can be done.

Some one gets it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Community Member

As complex as making a video game (or a website) is, there are a lot of people who can do it without the number of blunders Turbine has done in the last few years.

And of course there's the upcoming enhancement pass that's not bad coding or quality control, but really doesn't seem to accomplish anything they set out to do. I think one of the most anticipated outcomes of the enhancement pass was the addition of new PrE's, but that hasn't happened yet except for Henshin Mystic iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    It now seems like it is a MASSIVE screw up on Turbine's part (they appear to have taken a different tact that avoids this in LOTRO), but they have done nothing to fix it so they are PROFITTING on the deaths.
    I like capitalized, misspelled buzzwords as next as the next person but it's quite possible that, combined with whatever donations they've given, they've made a net loss on this event.

It's not really PROFITTITIING when you have less money than when you started (ignoring other sources of revenue).
    Playing since June 2010

rant about ranting

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    But the larger fuss is that IT ISN'T free to everyone. The in store promotions say nothing about a free option.
    It absolutely does. Open the DDO store, the ribbon is in your face. Description: "Free One Fund Memorial Ribbon with Coupon code: BOSTON: 10/account". The "free option" is literally the only thing the in-store promotion says about the thing.

I thought you quit posting on the forums.

Like 3 or 4 times already.

The forums are fine, get used to the change.
    No, the forums are not fine and people wouldn't have to "get used to the change" if the change wasn't implemented. The forums might be fine eventually, but they most certainly are not right now. That one statement pretty much invalidates everything else you have to say.

Community Member

Some one gets it. Thank you.
    Did you buy TP to spend on ribbons to donate $ to the One Fund?

I didnt think so!

So those that did are now inmature children or non fully functional adults?

who should just shut up because it makeing you feel bad?

Community Member

There is not enough Turbine bashing!
    If they cant even get a forum change done without screwing up and using the ugliest style outside of a brony forum,
    then they need more bashing. Especially after extending the change.

btw i had to login 2 times to post this, that alone shows their incompetence.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Thank you for the sentiment, OP, but I'm going to close this thread before it devolves into fighting. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!