Community Member

Default Issue with DDO Store

I am currently unable to complete a quest in Korthos in which I have to by a bottle of grog off the store for Bertram Sharpwood.

When I open the store while in-game, the window will appear but it is just a blank white field. I've tried waiting to see if the store will properly load, but it never does.

The store will properly open when I'm at the Character Selection screen, but I can't buy the grog as it won't let me. I'm assuming this is because the grog is meant to be bought with specific character (the one doing the quest) so it has to be bought in-game.

Angry Same here

Same issue here every since the update/maintinence the other day can use the ddo store or get help from a GM. Please fix this.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Quote Originally Posted by z_buzz View Post
    I am currently unable to complete a quest in Korthos in which I have to by a bottle of grog off the store for Bertram Sharpwood.

When I open the store while in-game, the window will appear but it is just a blank white field. I've tried waiting to see if the store will properly load, but it never does.

The store will properly open when I'm at the Character Selection screen, but I can't buy the grog as it won't let me. I'm assuming this is because the grog is meant to be bought with specific character (the one doing the quest) so it has to be bought in-game.
    FWIW, not sure that particular quest is worth it; you do get a Siberys spirit cake for a lot less than normal, but the price of the grog throws off your TP, so you have 20/21 TP leftover for the rest of forever unless you figure out something else to spend that on. And the cake is maybe not too essential, either.

</personalexperience>

Default Guess they don't want our money

Still no response from dev's/support on this issue as clearly i'm not the only one having it. So NO money for you turbine.

The sleeper has awakened

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Community Member

Sent in a ticket yesterday, but the store is still not working. You would figure that something that important would be rectified asap. I mean how do they expect me to spend money on the game when I can't even get to the store?

I agree with Tuggy that the quest I'm trying to complete is probably not worth it, but I have some TP sitting around so I figured what the heck. Also and more importantly I can't abandon the quest, so until I can buy the item from the store, the quest will be uncompleted. I'm ocd about stuff like that. Quest must be done.

Try clicking the little home icon in the top left corner...Usually fixes it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Try clicking the little home icon in the top left corner...Usually fixes it for me.
    If this is anything like the similar bug on Lamannia, that won't help anything; it stays white when logged in to a particular character even after hitting home or back and waiting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Tried that, many times. I've also tried opening the store and leaving it open as long as possible to see if it loads. I get logged out due to inactivity before any change in the store window.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by z_buzz View Post
    Tried that, many times. I've also tried opening the store and leaving it open as long as possible to see if it loads. I get logged out due to inactivity before any change in the store window.
    I actually found that opening the store in the character selection window by selecting "buy account upgrades" and selecting a random drop down like XP & boosts -> Quest XP and leave the window open... then login to your character... the DDO store works as normal..

Community Member

Thumbs up Success !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohcub1975 View Post
    I actually found that opening the store in the character selection window by selecting "buy account upgrades" and selecting a random drop down like XP & boosts -> Quest XP and leave the window open... then login to your character... the DDO store works as normal..
    You sir, are a genius in trouble shooting, It worked for me.
    If you're ever looking for a programmer debugging job, send me a message!

-Ourouk, Master of the Dragon Tooth's

Default Got mine to work finally

Had to update ie to the latest version.

The sleeper has awakened

Default My Fix

This fixed my issue with the store:I'm using Win 7 and IE 91. Go to control panel2. Go to Internet Options3. Go to Connections tab4. Click on LAN Settings5. Uncheck all boxes6. Click OK twiceOf course this will not work if you are using a proxy server. I had Automatically Detect Settings selected. After unchecking that box my store worked like a charm. YMMV.
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Default DDO Store Borked good

Yeah Ive tried all the above mentioned solutions, even went to http://support.turbine.com/link/port...DDO-Store-FAQs
    Turbines own website for store help and didnt fix anything.

Very frustrated since I can purchase anything like the cool Ottobox, or any TP, or anything else for that matter.
    Come on guys, get your stuff together over there, you are losing money

Community Member

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaire View Post
    This fixed my issue with the store:I'm using Win 7 and IE 91. Go to control panel2. Go to Internet Options3. Go to Connections tab4. Click on LAN Settings5. Uncheck all boxes6. Click OK twiceOf course this will not work if you are using a proxy server. I had Automatically Detect Settings selected. After unchecking that box my store worked like a charm. YMMV.
    I cant figure out why this should do anything, but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by realism View Post
    Yeah Ive tried all the above mentioned solutions, even went to http://support.turbine.com/link/port...DDO-Store-FAQs
    Turbines own website for store help and didnt fix anything.

Very frustrated since I can purchase anything like the cool Ottobox, or any TP, or anything else for that matter.
    Come on guys, get your stuff together over there, you are losing money

This is exactly the problem I'm having. I've only just started playing DDO again, only to find it's STILL broken. Not impressed at all. Having read around the forums about other problems, I'm worried that I'm one day going to see massive charges taken out of my bank account for failed attempts at buying points.

There NEEDs to be something done about this, either official word that Turbine know what the problem is and will rectify all of it and contact those who've made (or attempted to) purchases on the store and refund the excess.

Or take the store down entirely until it's fixed.