Default Best bug of all time

After disconnecting and coming back on i found my own soulstone while still alive. I was running shroud, in phase 2, lag was very high then i disconnected.
    I was even able to pick up my stone.

Not sure if it is possible to reproduce this. Should try to disconnect and connect back during a shroud, in phase two. Or experimenting it while lagging.

Look at this:

I should have tried to sell it to the skeleton vendor
    Last edited by Phemt; 05-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Community Member

This happens when you DC from the game with reasonable HP left and you are in the middle of combat. The server assumes you will be right back and it keeps doling out damage to you until you are dead. When you reconnect after some interval of time, the game notices that you were at a bit of an unfair disadvantage I guess, and it restores your hit points so you can finish the combat. But it leaves your soul stone laying around. Soloers are more likely to see this than others since there is no one there to stop the mobs killing you while you are DC'ed.

I was testing Sins of Attrition on an unstable Lam client once, and everytime the client crashed when the end guy threw binding chains, I would come back to another soulstone. The room was littered with them.
    Formerly Katie_Seaglen

Community Member

What happens if you actually die while you already had your stone lying around? Will another stone appear? Will the stone you had appear next where you died? Or can you just drop your stone at a shrine knowing that if you die, you will appear next to the shrine after 10 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by akkorissirocco View Post
    What happens if you actually die while you already had your stone lying around? Will another stone appear? Will the stone you had appear next where you died? Or can you just drop your stone at a shrine knowing that if you die, you will appear next to the shrine after 10 sec?
    Sounds like Kaytis found the answer to be 'yes' - but the awesomness part would be if you could rez yourself multiple times, complete the quest, and the have the XP handed out once for every copy of yourself.
    (Nah - I doubt it, too)
    Kobold been here before...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    This happens when you DC from the game with reasonable HP left and you are in the middle of combat. The server assumes you will be right back and it keeps doling out damage to you until you are dead. When you reconnect after some interval of time, the game notices that you were at a bit of an unfair disadvantage I guess, and it restores your hit points so you can finish the combat. But it leaves your soul stone laying around. Soloers are more likely to see this than others since there is no one there to stop the mobs killing you while you are DC'ed.

I was testing Sins of Attrition on an unstable Lam client once, and everytime the client crashed when the end guy threw binding chains, I would come back to another soulstone. The room was littered with them.
    Nice feedback there. +1

Ever noticed if that happened on live server too?

I live in Portugal. Please add more countries to the register form...

This happened to me too on my arti...

I was soloing vale for explorers and slayers, when my computer was sooooo damm slow and sluggish. I thought it was lag, but no. Anyway, I logged on again quick, and I was placed in the same spot I was in, next to the rats to the west when you enter the vale from Meridia (yes, I was killed by a bunch of rats while computer hanged)...

Computer kept doing that even out of ddo and other games. I found out later that it was a loose cable on my hard drive. Now its all good

I logged in after I restarted my computer, and saw my own soulstone even took a screenshot
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Happened to me one time. This is Shadow King, right at the end. We were struggling with the fact that we couldn't pull the levers and keep Nsu in the box at the same time when I dced. When I got back, I popped the L1 hire seen in the screenshot, pulled both the levers, dropped down and we killed him. It was only after all the dust settled that I noticed my soulstone on the floor. Indaryx is quite familiar with the sight of her soulstone, but not usually while she's still alive.

Liseyda on Khyber: TR3 Elf Paladin (L18).

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt View Post
    After disconnecting and coming back on i found my own soulstone while still alive. I was running shroud, in phase 2, lag was very high then i disconnected.
    I was even able to pick up my stone.

Not sure if it is possible to reproduce this. Should try to disconnect and connect back during a shroud, in phase two. Or experimenting it while lagging.

Look at this:

I should have tried to sell it to the skeleton vendor
    This is probably a related bug, when I'm soloing with a hire, if I dc like this when i come back the soul stone is on the ground and the hireling has the star.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    (...) and the hireling has the star.
    Ok, now I know the world is going to end
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default You must be fairly new to the game

That happens quite often.

For me, the best bug was after I had used Phiarlan's Pendant of Time, running speed +50%, I entered Into the Demon's Den.

As entering I disconnected due to the game disconnecting you when you change instances. When I logged back in I was inside the quest WITH +50% run speed.

I have tried to reproduce but have been unsuccessful. A few others have had it happen that I have read.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

But what I really want to know is what happens if a Rez is thrown at you when you're alive, but have a soul stone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    But what I really want to know is what happens if a Rez is thrown at you when you're alive, but have a soul stone anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt View Post
    Nice feedback there. +1

Ever noticed if that happened on live server too?
    I do not recall if the binding chains crash made it to live, and they hot fixed it, or if they simply disabled them when MOTU was released, but for quite some time -several weeks I think, Amrath bosses that were capable of throwing binding chains simply didn't do it. They did fix it eventually though.
    Formerly Katie_Seaglen

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

LOL I once did a toon switch in Sands because the rest of my guildies (at the time, no disparagement to current guildies!) were so undergeared that they needed a second healer. LOL We were all first time players, so I logged out dead on my monk, and was able to pick up her soul stone and carry it around in my pocket on my fs. It made me laugh the whole time.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Wow, where are the trolls gone? All these comments and no one said this is not a bug

Jokes aside, i like the way the community has grown up about the bugs issue. Good work to us!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNameIwasntB4 View Post
    For me, the best bug was after I had used Phiarlan's Pendant of Time, running speed +50%, I entered Into the Demon's Den.

As entering I disconnected due to the game disconnecting you when you change instances. When I logged back in I was inside the quest WITH +50% run speed.

I have tried to reproduce but have been unsuccessful. A few others have had it happen that I have read.
    Wow, that would be a cool bug, maybe an exploit. Nice find.

Community Member

One of my guildies had a very weird bug...

He had Tales of Valor in his inventory. Yes, in his inventory. He was trying to delete it, it multiplied. He was also able to give the item to others. He tried also using it, but nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhkam View Post

He had Tales of Valor in his inventory. Yes, in his inventory. He was trying to delete it, it multiplied. He was also able to give the item to others. He tried also using it, but nothing happened.
    I remember once, that happened to me too. I don't know how it ended up in there, neither how it was gone. But when I saw that in my backpack, I remember I didn't know what to do with it (I thought it was usable somewhere in the game.. lol)
    [Ghallanda]

It happened to me too like 3 years ago (I could drop it and pick it again):

Quote Originally Posted by Uhkam View Post

And that happened too:

Last edited by Robai; 05-07-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kilbar View Post
    Try as you might, you can't rez someone who is alive. You can't rez a soul stone either. It is just an anchor for a ghost. You can only rez a ghost.
    Formerly Katie_Seaglen