Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Get logged out of forum when I reply to a thread

I type it up.

I hit the submit button in the lower right corner.

BAM!! The type is is submitted but I am instantaneously returned to the LOGIN screen and I am logged out.

Yes same for me!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Necronomican View Post
    Yes same for me!!!
    Go back a page or two to get your text if this happens. It is usually still there. For better assurances, I'd just type into note pad or similar program, or copy/paste before hitting preview/submit.

Not saying it's not annoying, it is, but that's a workaround until they hopefully change this.
    join: Oct. 2011 - formerly HalfORCastrator

I don't get logged out every time I replay to a thread - just often enough to be annoying. I get logged out randomly quite a lot though... while reading a thread, clicking a link, replying or editing a message. No rhyme or reason to it, it seems. And sometimes, but not as often, I am sent to either an error screen or auto-sent to the Mobile version of the site. The really fun ones are when I get a blank screen with "Connecting..." on it that seems to last for minutes each time - I figure the forums must be lagging.

Very odd. Very annoying. And very user-unfriendly. Annoying enough that I've decided to keep track of it daily in my siggy.

These new forums are themselves a reason to spend less time on the forums. What used to be a fun and/or informative hub for DDO players has become an actively unpleasant one.

What I hate just about as much as the log out is not being able to view the forums on my Kindle.

When ever I click anything it says the page does not exist....

Oh well at least I am able to log in now.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    What I hate just about as much as the log out is not being able to view the forums on my Kindle.

When ever I click anything it says the page does not exist....

Oh well at least I am able to log in now.
    Can't actually load the page on my android phone either. So there's a big mess up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir
    I don't get logged out every time I replay to a thread - just often enough to be annoying. I get logged out randomly quite a lot though... while reading a thread, clicking a link, replying or editing a message. No rhyme or reason to it, it seems. And sometimes, but not as often, I am sent to either an error screen or auto-sent to the Mobile version of the site. The really fun ones are when I get a blank screen with "Connecting..." on it that seems to last for minutes each time - I figure the forums must be lagging.
    I think it's when you idle for to long. You've been reading a thread for a bit and then try to go to the main forum and it shows that it has logged you out, or hit the ''reply'' button after reading a thread. That's the trigger I think. When I just skim read threads and click different forums/threads or refresh on a regular basis, there's no problem for me.
    join: Oct. 2011 - formerly HalfORCastrator

I hear ya, HalfORC... but I've been logged out pretty quickly after logging back in. And I wasn't idle at the time, either. I agree - that seems to be a trigger, but I don't think it's the only one.

These forums are just a mess, man. Hate is not too strong a word.

select all + copy + log back in + find thread + reply + paste are your friends atm...

Had the same problem with the old forums, too. The trick was to login thru MyDDO, IIRC, not the forums themselves. Of course, with MyDDO gone, dunno what the solution is now...