Default Barbarian EE solos

Hi, first achievement post . I only have 2 quests to post for now (ran them earlier today). Hopefully I can manage to do some more. These are 2 of the easier EE quests, but it was fun and a little challenge nevertheless. I also tried Von1, but I got killed in the second wave of the area end fight. Times in the XP reports are pretty accurate. I didn't jump in right away after buffing so don't pay attention to the ship buff times.

Trial by Fire.

Bargain of Blood.

Orien: Amplifier|Arkanok|Atarie|Kascade|Klorox|Knost|Suppressor|Vellien| Join Date: May 2010.
    To access old threads that show as 404 page not found: Replace "en" in the URL with "forums".

Community Member

Nice.

Pretty sad that a barbarian can solo EE quests. I have done a few of the evening star EE solo on my pure build lvl 24 brb.

I am kind of interested in your gear hot key layout. I just don't get it. 14 hot bars seems a little excessive for a melee class. I find it cluttered with just 8.

Do you really switch through so much gear in a quest or have that many clickies. I dont' see how a pure build BRB would use clickies that often anyway since you would have to derage.

5 different planar focus trinkets. Really?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen View Post
    Pretty sad that a barbarian can solo EE quests.
    Haven't people been able to solo EE quests for a while now? What does the class matter?

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen View Post
    I am kind of interested in your gear hot key layout. I just don't get it. 14 hot bars seems a little excessive for a melee class. I find it cluttered with just 8.

Do you really switch through so much gear in a quest or have that many clickies. I dont' see how a pure build BRB would use clickies that often anyway since you would have to derage.

5 different planar focus trinkets. Really?
    Haha, well I just like to have things for any situation or different gear combinations. I'm not afraid to dismiss rage to use clickies, with 9 between shrines I don't really run out. As for the Planar focuses... I didn't know which one I would need so I farmed all the str. and con. prowess versions. The other one is a +8wisdom subterfuge that I had in the bank, I just took it out for something specific.
    Orien: Amplifier|Arkanok|Atarie|Kascade|Klorox|Knost|Suppressor|Vellien| Join Date: May 2010.
    To access old threads that show as 404 page not found: Replace "en" in the URL with "forums".

Community Member

it seems like there are a lot of EE soloer haters on the achievement forums atm.......

nice job OP

Not flawless, but I doubt I'll redo it any time soon. Went smooth up to the the end, no deaths, then I figured I didn't have enough SF pots for the boss fight and I recalled to stock up. Went back in and Started fighting Gnomon. I ended up getting stunned, comet falled, and killed. Afk'd for a bit then reentered. I Beat Gnomon and went for Karas. Karas hits pretty hard and runs fast. I was low on SF pots again from a lengthy fight with Gnomon -- trying to avoid symbols of stunning, comet falls, etc. Karas landed a stun on me and killed me. Afk'd again, reentered again and kill him.

The Lords of Dust.

Snitch.

Was able to do this one flawless on my first attempt. I used 103 SF pots, which is more than I used for BoB and Trial. I kind of drink more than I need to, just to be safe. Almost ran out though because I only had 110 :P Also used Supreme Ability pot, near the end of the Garos fight, which I won from daily dice. Time was 30-35mins.

-klorox
    Last edited by Klorox; 05-13-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Community Member

Holy cow! Nice job dude, on a pure barb...respect!!!!

I play only easy button WF Casters so i don't post in achievements, as they pale in comparison to doing it on a pure barb

May I ask, you obviously use SF pots. How much plat do they cost, ie you must burn quite some plat to keep the stock up?

Also, what other self healing twists do you use? Heal spring, cocoon??

Help a guy out here, looking for some pure melee self sustainability tips

Once again max grats!

congrats

but makes me feel uneasy knowing that a character can solo EE

Community Member

I didn't mean to imply there was less of an achievement. Just stating that I don't think it could have been done prior to epic destinies when lvl 20 was the cap.

I too have solod a few EE on my pure build Barb. Bargain of blood like you did isn't too bad, but I take the shortcut. Quiet Graves, Impossible Demands, Rusted Blades, Deal and the Demon are all doable. I can get through all of LOD but like you had a lot of difficulty at the end boss fight. I didn't bother re-entering though.

Do you have something for FOM? That is my real nemesis on my Barb.

Silver Flame pots cost around 24k for 100. So not too bad. With selling vendor loot you usually break even. One trick that I did was add 1 point of UMD per lvl. I don't have much only 20UMD but that is enough to cast shield or night shield. Immunity to MM is pretty handy. Blur scrolls too if you dont' have GS aspect of smoke.

Personally, I don't care about flawless or not. If you got the EE favor, you win.

You make all of us Pure Build Barbarians proud.

Gratz. Moar hot bars! Pretty much ran out of room adding the Boston ribbon, so we need a few more!
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

OP here. They randomly gave me my old account back.

@Bergie
    Thank you. This character is actually 18 Barbarian & 2 Fighter. SF pots get expensive when you try a quest multiple times and fail, or re-enter. And factor in buying them for everyday questing/raiding. I used to have healing spring twisted when I didn't have many EDs unlocked, but it was a waste. Cocoon would be great, but you can't activate it while raged. As far as sustainability tips...um, I've been wearing Greater convalescent bracers of superior parrying(+4 saves) and deaths locket (+7 resistance/deathblock/neg lvl abs) to increase my saves, A Displacement clicky from shroud helps A LOT, Some perma-concealment gear, Improved uncanny dodge if you have it, lesser restore pots for exhaustion/stat dmg, exceptional fortification, and I would say PPR but I wear a robe. Also just tactics like jumping to avoid certain spells from casters and things like that.

@zeichen-thest
    Here's one. xD I almost made it through that one myself back then, but Gnomon stopped me. Anyway that's just one example of one quest, so yes, I agree with you. I hadn't yet thought about trying the ones you mentioned doing (except rusted blades). I'll check them out. For FOM I use Sireth from CitW -- I don't have the boots from VoN yet. It's a nice weapon though. And thanks.

@DanteEnFuego
    Omg, I knew someone would make fun of me for putting that on there! Hahah. I didn't actually use it; I just put it there as filler. It's gone now. The hot bars don't bother me at all honestly.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Trial By Fury

Had some very close calls in this one with reavers, lagging off rocks, getting aggro of driders I didn't want aggro of. Blitz really didn't help at all. Only once was I able to get it going on some spiders when I backtracked in the quest to use a shrine.

EDIT: Aug 3, 2013 -- Fixed broken image links.
    Last edited by ycheese123; 08-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Orien

House of Broken Chains (Avithoul)

Haven't done one of these ee solos in a while.

2nd attempt on this one. Flawless run. Didn't do matron, though I should've, I still really want that ring.
    20something mins. 50 sf pots, I think, idk...
    Orien

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    House of Broken Chains (Avithoul)

Haven't done one of these ee solos in a while.

2nd attempt on this one. Flawless run. Didn't do matron, though I should've, I still really want that ring.
    20something mins. 50 sf pots, I think, idk...
    How long was the crateos fight? I always found that one took waaayyy to long
    Ministry of Destruction - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis
    http://themod.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    How long was the crateos fight? I always found that one took waaayyy to long
    Hmm, I can't really remember exactly to be honest. But it may have been a few minutes. Crateos is a fun monster, I love those screams/ creaky-wood-noises he makes.
    Orien

Re-uploading EE Snitch completion screenshots. Can't edit my old post b/c it was with my other account, from when the forums changed, and I can no longer access it now that I have my original one back.

The Snitch.

Orien