Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Many thanks sir. I have many decisions to make before I LR...mostly to see which/if any of the bugs you pointed are fixed. Even holding of upgrading my Twilight, just-in-case...Vulnerable + Fire Debuff def looks like strong single target DPS. Might just be worth switching out of my gimped Ice Savant. Altho the -1 to saves is a nice party buff too...
    Noone of the bugs I pointed will be fixed. Feather said they were WAI. So, the new debuffs/buffs will be single target only with a 3 sec duration on Air debuff.

I will keep my Twilight 8if I can find evocation +5 on an item otherwise I'll be forced with Nether Orb) but I will change it. It will be Ice primarly so +120 and Electric +138 in the Red slot.

Honestly, if you stay water, you should go Ice/Air. They are both some very good debuffs for the party and for yourself. OR you could think (I did too) to switch to Fire as primary element. Fire/Air looks a lot of fun.

To me, the KD immunity and wings have me hooked to Air but if I wasn't, I'd totally go Fire. DBF and WoF > everything else. If you switch to Fire, the new Fire Dot is AWESOME. 21% crit chance from item + 8% enhancement + 2% from Improved Mental Toughness if you follow my fearts + 5% Magical Training = 36% crit chance on the DoT with over 300 Spell power. Looks a beast to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

any thoughts on the dragonmark of storm as it only needs 1 feat now?

Electric loop SLA

Call Lighning Storm SLA

Power of the Storm
    +Shocking damage, +25 Electrical Spell
    Power, +10 temp SP when electric damage,
    +2 Reflex Saves, -2 Fortitude Saves, -2 CL
    for Earth Spells for 2 sec per Concentration
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    any thoughts on the dragonmark of storm as it only needs 1 feat now?

Electric loop SLA

Call Lighning Storm SLA

Power of the Storm
    +Shocking damage, +25 Electrical Spell
    Power, +10 temp SP when electric damage,
    +2 Reflex Saves, -2 Fortitude Saves, -2 CL
    for Earth Spells for 2 sec per Concentration
    I didn't really check this out.

What's +Shocking Damage? How do Dragonmark works now? I think wiki is kinda outdated about dragonmarks.

*maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I didn't really check this out.

What's +Shocking Damage? How do Dragonmark works now? I think wiki is kinda outdated about dragonmarks.
    I think it is just 1d6 from a weapon.

As far as I know you only need 1 feat then you upgrade it through the half elf tree.

Purk is a helf at level 10 now was originally made that way for the Paladin dilettante bonus for saves but I will try this out when it comes live though he was supposed to be a water savant but after trying air out on another toon (was just supposed to be a challenge farmer but was really fun to play) the wings and KD immunity is just awesome and a lot of endgame stuff now is immune to cold...

Good info here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-in-PDF-format
    Last edited by Sokól; 08-15-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    I think it is just 1d6 from a weapon.

As far as I know you only need 1 feat then you upgrade it through the half elf tree.

Purk is a helf at level 10 now was originally made that way for the Paladin dilettante bonus for saves but I will try this out when it comes live though he was supposed to be a water savant but after trying air out on another toon (was just supposed to be a challenge farmer but was really fun to play) the wings and KD immunity is just awesome and a lot of endgame stuff now is immune to cold...

Good info here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-in-PDF-format
    This would require me to go Helf thou. I'd lose too much from Actiong Surge and the extra 1 feat.

However, I was actually thinking to use a feat for Dragonmark of Finding for a free +1 chest level. With Random gen loot being more important than Named loot with U19, it may work very well. I might just put it instead of Improved Mental Toughness.

The only thing I'd hate is not spending as many points I want to spend in the Savant Trees. I wish Lama was still up to try it out.

*maybe

Just tried the build on Lamannia. It will not be possible for me to take any Dragonmark feat or racial enhancement at all.

I will spend 47 points in the Air tree and 31 in the Fire tree leaving me with just 2 free points. It's sad because I actually liked the idea of having Treasure Finding. I couldn't even afford Improved Recovery 1.

My new spell power, unbuffed, without the 136 Spellpower will be:

377 electric
    317 Fire
    267 Force

(Add +16 with +136 SP)

Chain Lightning hitting for 900~1000 (with Draconic Fury)
    DBF hitting for 700~
    Conflagration (Fire DOT) hitting for 250~ per tick at 20 stacks, critting for 500~.
    Wall of Fire hitting for 150~
    Incendiary Cloud for 200~

I was seeing a lot of Crits with just a 16% item + 5% Magical training + 8% enhancement + 2% IMT = 31% crit chance (missing a 5% from a ML28 item).

Looks like Twilight is still Best in slot in this case. I seriously hope we can find an Evocation +5 item besides Nether Orb.

Actually, thinking about it, 2 Red slots would be better. So I could go Nether Orb with +5 Evo in one hand and a Random gen loot with Fire spell lore and red slot (if I can find it). Meh, need to farm Random gen loot and I don't really like the idea.

As for spells, I'll make these swaps:

L1: Expeditious retreat -> Burning Hands
    L4: Ice storm -> Wall of Fire
    L6: Otilukes -> No idea
    L7: Prismatic Spray -> DBF
    L8: Greater Shout -> Incendiary Cloud
    L9: Mass hold Monster -> Meteor Swarm

The DPS of this build looks a beast IMHO. It's not so dependant on Reflex anymore (but still HEAVYYY DEPENDANT) because of the new few dots (WoF, Incendiary, MS).

I'm sitting at 52 CHA without new items. I've tried Energy Vortex (losing 1 cha). It was hitting for 520~. Not bad at all I must say, I was impressed. Might really think to switch it in again on live. But it's still Caster centered so..I will have to think about it a bit more. One thing: it does NOT give the Vulnerable debuff. Too bad, I'll report it.

*maybe

Community Member

PfE because the ship buff is bugged and because Command = death. Nightshield simply because of MM resistance. You can go with Shield but there wasn't much difference for me.

True imperial globe in the Necklace, Colorless Slot
    So it is still bugged...oh yea forgot about that special augment gem.

I just tested PfE with potions, it doesn't protect one from command/greater command.

Thanks for the reply guys!
    Last edited by curiouspilot; 08-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.

How exactly is this build going to adapt to U19 enhancement and featwise?

I haven't seen a lot of air savant sorcerer build so i'm using this as a reference source for my first life air savant. TY great build btw ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris-Niatellim View Post
    How exactly is this build going to adapt to U19 enhancement and featwise?

I haven't seen a lot of air savant sorcerer build so i'm using this as a reference source for my first life air savant. TY great build btw ^_^
    I will update the OP properly tonight or tomorrow. There are a few write-up in the previous replies. If you wanna be sure, I'll post SS of Enhancements, exact Feat list and Spell selection once I'm able to log in game.

*maybe

L6: Otilukes -> No idea
    Not many useful level 6 spells for a Sorc. Best options are probably the necro spells such as Undeath to Death, Circle of Death and Necro Ray. As you are already using FoD they all maybe worth considering especially if your gonna take wiz pl feat. Necro Ray would probably have more usefulness in EE as it doesnt have spell resistance can be used when Energy Drain is resisted.

or you could just save some plat on GH scrolls. Also Ive never tried Great Dispel so cant comment on that for an alternative.

Have you updated? I can't tell.

Have you updated? I can't tell.
    Just did but not completely.

New feats, new spells, new enhancements, new spell power.

Have not upgraded yet equip, stats, Skills because I will LR only once I'm at 28 so will take a couple of days.

*maybe

Have not upgraded yet equip, stats, Skills because I will LR only once I'm at 28 so will take a couple of days.
    Thank you! ^_^

I'm assuming the new skills will focus on maxing spellcraft, UMD, and Concentration.

(sorry won't let me edit my posts T_T)

For a 28 point build, would taking 8 strength instead of 10 strength, and 10 int rather then 8 int at creation be a better choice?

It gives you enough skill points to max UMD, Spell Craft, and Concentration. And strength can always be buffed via tomes and gear to prevent enfeebling.

Scorch and Burning hands inflict DoT? I don't see any visible numbers. Whats the reasoning behind Fire SLAs? just to spam SLAs when other SLA's are on cooldown?

I'm assuming the new skills will focus on maxing spellcraft, UMD, and Concentration.
    Yes.

(sorry won't let me edit my posts T_T)

For a 28 point build, would taking 8 strength instead of 10 strength, and 10 int rather then 8 int at creation be a better choice?

It gives you enough skill points to max UMD, Spell Craft, and Concentration. And strength can always be buffed via tomes and gear to prevent enfeebling.
    The problem with 8 STR is that I, at cap, NEED a 20 STR to not be encumbered. I don't think you will have any problem so go ahead with 8 STR. Might be bad for low levels thou.

Scorch and Burning hands inflict DoT? I don't see any visible numbers. Whats the reasoning behind Fire SLAs? just to spam SLAs when other SLA's are on cooldown?
    The DoT comes from the 4th Core enhancement of the Fire Savant. It's 1d6 per stack, up to 20 stack, affected by Spell power and Spell critical chance.

*maybe

So should I be going up the air savant tree first or the fire savant? Or a little bit of both? since to access the dot you would have to put 30ish points into the fire savant tree. Also your enhancement page didn't detail racial enhancements, do they not matter? If they do when would you take them? Sorry for all the questions, noob here XD

Community Member

so if i understand correctly, a wizard past life is preferred?
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    so if i understand correctly, a wizard past life is preferred?
    Yeah. +1 DC is still better than just a few SP from the Sorc PL.

*maybe

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast