Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default proof that no one plays a bard

    Where are all the bard posts?

    Really? Really?!?

  2. #2

    Default

    Your wit is astounding.

    Forgive me for not typing out my amusement. I have a bad back.

  3. #3

    Default

    I was contemplating a first bard post on the new forums but then I realized I didn't have anything beyond, "FIRST!!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

  4. #4

    Default

    I think this is rather proof that the new forums are so horrible that no-one wants to use them anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I think it's time for a divorce. At the very least, I think I need to start seeing other, more attractive, forums.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by no_name_displayed View Post
    I think this is rather proof that the new forums are so horrible that no-one wants to use them anymore.


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  6. #6

    Default

    Ironically, the bard forum seems to be one of the more active class forums. Which doesn't currently say much.

    Pally still doesn't have a single thread. DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Ironically, the bard forum seems to be one of the more active class forums. Which doesn't currently say much.

    Pally still doesn't have a single thread. DOH!
    Yeah! We have a thread! And.... we have 4 people commenting in the same thread (channeling the voice of a particular gnome)... its a new record!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-22-2013 at 04:04 AM.


    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Yeah! We have a thread! And.... we have 4 people commenting in the same thread (channeling the voice of a particular gnome)... its a new record!
    Barbarians have 1 thread, fighters have 1 thread, paladins have 0 threads, monks have 3 threads.
    Rangers have 6 threads, rogues have 7 threads, artificers have 4 threads.
    Clerics have 4 threads, fvs's have 1 thread, druids have 11 threads, wizards have 1 thread, sorcerers have 4 threads.

    Bards have 7 threads.

    My hypothesis is no one is using the specific class forums players were asking to have returned, and players who favor bards, rangers, rogues, and druids either know where we should be posting better than some; or we have found a place to bury our heads in the sand. There are always other possibilities too.

    I might have to classify filling a forum with a thread about empty forums is also a bit ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

  9. #9
    Community Member Hawklynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Well, assuming this thread has many Bards within, I'll post a question here (Bard knowledge) before I post it the main forums.

    This is my first life trying a Bard. I've heard of U18 possibly getting some of the Enhancement Pass stuff thrown in early. So here's the problem (unless I'm doing something wrong):

    Trying to get Warchanter 2 in the enhancements. I have all pre-reqs except for Inspire Bravery 3. I have the pre-reqs for this, but it doesn't show up as available. What is odd is that below Bravery III is a "Rainbow" icon that says 'Inspire Bravery'. This isn't defined anywhere in the current Bard Enhancements. But it is the same icon for the new Bard Enhancement pass.

    Not sure if a bug, or just my incompetence. And by not getting Bravery III, Warchanter 2 cannot be acquired. If I'm missing something, please chime in.

    Kiss My Khopes and Bow to my Bow
    ----------------------------------
    Firekragg Red / Windkragg Red of Sarlona

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklynn View Post
    Well, assuming this thread has many Bards within, I'll post a question here (Bard knowledge) before I post it the main forums.
    I think one of the other places might be more useful, or at least more likely to get proper attention (as this would seem to be a major bug)...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklynn View Post
    This is my first life trying a Bard. I've heard of U18 possibly getting some of the Enhancement Pass stuff thrown in early. So here's the problem (unless I'm doing something wrong):

    Trying to get Warchanter 2 in the enhancements. I have all pre-reqs except for Inspire Bravery 3. I have the pre-reqs for this, but it doesn't show up as available. What is odd is that below Bravery III is a "Rainbow" icon that says 'Inspire Bravery'. This isn't defined anywhere in the current Bard Enhancements. But it is the same icon for the new Bard Enhancement pass.
    I have the same "rainbow" icon under the bravery selections under bravery 2 in my case - I only have 8 levels of bard at the moment, with Warchanter 1. (Following the "revisited" warchanter path by tihocan, that is, splashed 1 barbarian and 1 fighter.)

    And, one of my sons was checking enhancements on his level 5 wizard, and that had all kinds of wonky items in the enhancements list too - plenty of them.

    I suppose I should go and check all my toons, or something...

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    i have exactly tha same problem, and i came to forums to check if it is just me or everyone else...seems bravery III is bugged and cannot be taken, even if my char had it BEFORE the update.
    Under Void we Congregate,brethren of Kaos

    Fudoshin - sensee - Vibus - junglist - rushtea - jeenun

  12. #12
    Community Member NovaNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa, New Zealand
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Hail bards (or the few of us still in existence).

    1st post here on new forums - hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mother's Basement
    Posts
    146

    Default Umm... yeah.

    I don't follow forum hype... they got reset or something?

    Well that's a stupid question, they must have cause there used to be tons of great build ideas and tips and tricks for all classes and play styles. Nice of Turbine to delete them all... I guess I'm out to go search much more informative and populated forums for my needs that still have posts. *shrugs*

  14. #14
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    I don't follow forum hype... they got reset or something?

    Well that's a stupid question, they must have cause there used to be tons of great build ideas and tips and tricks for all classes and play styles. Nice of Turbine to delete them all... I guess I'm out to go search much more informative and populated forums for my needs that still have posts. *shrugs*
    They are still here, if you are clever enough to know how to use Google to find them and which parts of the URL to change in order to NOT get a page not found error. No one has bothered to use the simple redirect mod for VBulletin to update the old URL's to the new format.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

  15. #15
    Community Member Thoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    44

    Default Ugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    They are still here, if you are clever enough to know how to use Google to find them and which parts of the URL to change in order to NOT get a page not found error. No one has bothered to use the simple redirect mod for VBulletin to update the old URL's to the new format.
    I am not clever enough : (

    Care to explain? I think everyone is having fits with the new setup.

    Archi Medes (W16/Mnk2/FVS 2/Ep8; PL:W) Balladeer Blackcloud (Bd17/C1/F2/Ep5) Techmech (A20; PL:Rng x3/Monk x3/Druid x3)

  16. #16
    Community Member Zillee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoden View Post
    I am not clever enough : (

    Care to explain? I think everyone is having fits with the new setup.
    From an old bookmark,

    http://www.ddo.com/en/showthread.php?t=249865

    take out the 'en' and replace with the word 'forums'

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ard-Warchanter

    Ta-daa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload