Default Dynamic Quest XP Spreadsheet w/ Ransack Penalties

Hi. I thought i'd share my new experience calculator spreadsheet. It's designed for TRing, a tool for figuring out the most efficient path from 1 to 20. You can quickly & easily see experience charts for any heroic level quest, including repeats up to ransack on elite, hard, & normal. An options panel allows you to select your personal options & quest objectives. Optional experience is not included.

The file: XP Calculator

Usage - There are 4 tabs:

XP Tab: This shows the experience chart for the selected quest. Simply enter the line number of the quest from the "Quests" tab in the space provided. You can also optionally add completion times to easily see experience per minute. The spreadsheet assumes that your first run of the selected quest will be elite. I've provided no option to change this.

Quests: A list of every heroic quest, ordered by level then alphabetically, with base experience listed for normal, hard, & elite. The XP tab uses this tab to pull base XP.

Options: Set your personal XP options here. This includes your tomes, bravery/streak, VIP, quest objectives, xp elixers, and all other possible experience boosts available.

Calc: Internal processes.. leave this alone.

I've protected some of the sheets to prevent you from accidentally messing up the formulas. However, there is no password to unlock the sheet if you want to make edits. The Quests tab has been left unlocked so you can easily add new quests as they are introduced.

Let me know if you have any questions or see any problems with my work. The quests tab is currently missing base experience information for "What Goes Up" as the Wiki is missing that information and I have yet to run out and check it personally. I'll edit it in when I get around to it.
    Last edited by Shein; 09-06-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Khyber: Furian <|> Puddingforge <|> Fingerstyle <|> Griefling <|> Cowpox

First, nice work and very complete.

Second, the minimum streak bonus you list is 5%. What if there is no streak bonus at all? I added a row and adjusted the streak % entries to add a 0% line. But, I'm not sure that this gave the right calculations.

Third, after experimenting some it appears the most efficient first time through XP is gained by running a quest elite, elite, hard, normal, elite. This gets any elite streak started, gets most value out of the first (penalty free) repeat, uses the first time completions to get most hard/normal XP and then takes the first 20% penalty on the third elite run. Could you just list those quest completion difficulties in that order on the first sheet (or, can I just delete/rearrange the first sheet to have just those 5 quest completions in that order)?

Fourth, there is no way to turn the play through bonus off. I wasn't getting it in the test I ran. What if it doesn't apply, how do I turn it off?

Fifth, can you add one more XP option -- right now there is a 20% bonus XP going on. Can you add a column for bonus XP weekends with 0%, 10%, 20%, etc. as options?

Still, very nice and great work, thanks for going through the effort and for sharing it with the community.

Therigar, thanks for the feeback. I've uploaded a new version with some of your changes. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    Second, the minimum streak bonus you list is 5%. What if there is no streak bonus at all? I added a row and adjusted the streak % entries to add a 0% line. But, I'm not sure that this gave the right calculations.
    An oversight.. thanks... this has been fixed.

Third, after experimenting some it appears the most efficient first time through XP is gained by running a quest elite, elite, hard, normal, elite. This gets any elite streak started, gets most value out of the first (penalty free) repeat, uses the first time completions to get most hard/normal XP and then takes the first 20% penalty on the third elite run. Could you just list those quest completion difficulties in that order on the first sheet (or, can I just delete/rearrange the first sheet to have just those 5 quest completions in that order)?
    I figure you won't always run that pattern for every quest and it's best to let people decide for themselves what works best for them. However, you can always unprotect the sheet and rearrange that page to your liking. If you use cut and paste (not copy) you shouldn't mess up any forumlas. You could even add a total XP tally at the bottom if you wanted.

Fourth, there is no way to turn the play through bonus off. I wasn't getting it in the test I ran. What if it doesn't apply, how do I turn it off?
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't get it on your first time through. However, I did add an option to turn this on or off.

Fifth, can you add one more XP option -- right now there is a 20% bonus XP going on. Can you add a column for bonus XP weekends with 0%, 10%, 20%, etc. as options?
    This already exists. It's called "Server-Wide" on the options page, and allows you to choose what the bonus is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shein View Post
    Therigar, thanks for the feedback.
    Thank you for your replies. Found the server-wide entry and figured out its purpose. Did the unprotect and rearrangement via cut and paste. All in all a very useful tool.

Thanks again.

Very nice. +1. Thank you for putting forth the effort!

Default Updated

A new version has been uploaded. Quest completion times are now entered on the "Quests" tab, next to the quest in question. There is a place to put completion times for each difficulaty, and XP per minute is now calculated based on those values.