Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joke Weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi_of_Irian View Post
    How do I turn off the content filter as I'm not 8 years old?
    Just look up Iron Maiden. Bruce is their singer.

A named set of arrows from the Shadow Crypt, the shards of light, heal on a hit.
    Jozzcooper

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Well, since now I can post in the forums again, I wanted to put out something that's been in my mind for a long time:

Joke Weapons.

I don't know how everyone might take this, so I'm going to put out the specs for my first idea off the bat.

First idea: A Healing Shiv that heals your enemies instead of damaging them; hitting them for positive energy.

Possible Names:

Healing Shiv
    Positive Energy Dagger
    Healing Shiv of Healingness

Weapon Type: Dagger
    Damage: 1d4 - 1 Pierce

Enchantments:

-1: This weapon is less well-made than normal, giving a -1 penalty to attack and damage rolls.

Healing (Cooler name to replace later): This weapon is sheathed in positive energy. A healing weapon deals an extra 2 to 12 damage of positive energy damage on a successful hit.

Description:

This poorly-made, handcrafted shiv channels positive energy to heal those you damage with this very weapon. What use could you possibly have for a weapon that HEALS your enemies, anyway? Heal your enemies to death? Ridiculous.

May think up more joke weapons later, depending on how the response is for this one here.
    A weapon that actually heals your enemy would be great for tanking bosses that need to die at teh same time

Default Okay, I'll play...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    No thanks. The devs already give us enough joke items as raid/ee loot
    Well, I gotta admit, I've seen a lot of things like the one I pulled on Friday - a +3 Greataxe of Ice Lore ("spellcasting implement"). I put it onto the auction house for the sole purpose of sharing the silliness.

That said... and fully in the spirit of this thread... I actually endorse the ideas being spread here - especially the Frying Pan idea ("gender required: female"?)... so long as there's some actual attraction to using them. If there's a joke item that would simply occupy an inventory spot, then the novelty will be short-lived.

The Eveningstar snowballs were a fairly interesting idea in this direction.
    Bards could have a range of instruments available to them, for instance.

Some other thoughts... since Turbine is owned by Warner Brothers...

1. Elmer Fudd's Helm: Using this helm makes one take on the characteristics of Elmer Fudd, providing a -10 penalty to Eloquence, -2 to INT; +15 bonus to AC. Includes 5 charges of Rage per rest, which last for 2 minutes each. Unfortunately also makes user more susceptible to mind control spells. Level 14.
    2. Bugs Bunny's Carrot (trinket): Bugs is known for being able to work himself out of the most dire circumstances, largely due to his cunning. Provides +2 insight bonuses to INT, WIS, and CHA, plus +2 Good Luck bonus. Level 18.
    3. Road Runner's Sprinters (boots): This item speaks for itself. Provides 5 charges of a 100% speed boost to striding and melee attacks for 30 seconds. Level 16.
    4. Marvin Martian's Q36 Space Modulator (weapon/thrown): A simple weapon that has a 3 seconds fuse that starts when thrown. Provides an insta-kill explosion of enemies and friends alike over a small area (the space of typical mass spell buffs). Victims may survive with 10d20 damage with a DC25 reflex save. Unfortunately, Marvin's weapons typically have difficulty with deployment, and have a 50% failure rate. They also tend to bounce around a bit and could backfire on the thrower. Level 10.
    5. Porky Pig's Vest (cloak): Porky's Diction is legendary; but as a loyal friend, he is an ally who will stick with you no matter what kind of mess you get him into. His vest provides -15 to Eloquence, +2 insight to CHA, DR-5/Lawful, and 10% Elemental Energy Absorption. Level 20.
    6. Daffy Duck's Webbings (boots): Daffy is under-rated as a swimmer, since his emotions typically make everything else seem irrelevant. +15 to SWIM ability, Underwater Action, plus +2 insight bonus to DEX and 25% striding. Provides 3 charges of Rage for 30 seconds each per rest. Level 12.
    Last edited by carpengui; 05-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Kobold been here before...

Community Member

Talking

Nerf Bat
    1d8, 5% crit chance, x2 crit multiplier
    Two-handed bludgeoning weapon
    Red, Purple and Colorless Augment Slots

Special: Cannot damage the target if the damage would cause the target to go below 1 HP.

Community Member ~ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    Somewhere deep down in Khyber...unless if I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque

Think I'll come up with another joke weapon idea some other time, sooner or later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12