Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111
  1. #1
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,837

    Default The One Fund Memorial Ribbon is now available!

    Click here for details about The One Fund Memorial Ribbon, available for a limited time in-game. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Click here for details about The One Fund Memorial Ribbon, available for a limited time in-game. Thanks!
    Is this the reason for the update yesterday? i.e. the 'effort we're going to talk about later this week', or is there still yet more news to come about this update?

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valewalker View Post
    Is this the reason for the update yesterday? i.e. the 'effort we're going to talk about later this week', or is there still yet more news to come about this update?

    Thanks!
    Yes, this is what was enabled during yesterday's downtime.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  4. #4
    Community Member ~Phemt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    43

    Thumbs up

    I don't even live in the usa but this is really showing the attention of the company for the people in its surroundings.

    Thumbs up Turbine, seriously.

    Last edited by Phemt; 04-30-2013 at 12:20 PM.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    You may want to fix a typo.

    "Raise awareness of the One Fun Charity..." should be fixed as soon as possible to Fund.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, this is what was enabled during yesterday's downtime.
    I know you guys are getting the usual run of complaints from people who hate reminders that MMO devs are people who have experiences outside the game, but me, I appreciate the human involvement. Thanks for being willing to make a game that's a personal creation, not just what focus groups say the player base will pay for.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Between Tick and Tock
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Would you care to clarify this a bit? We are to show support for this fund by BUYING this ribbon in game for about $1. Are those proceeds going to the charity or is Turbine making money off of this "effort" under the disguise of charity?

  8. #8
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,735

    Angry Bloody

    Even though I applaud your involvement in community activism I play this game to get away from the real world - I don't need a reminder about how bad the terrorists (politicians) and the morons (terrorists) have made the world for us sheep.

    Please remove and let people in the real world worry about the real world. I don't want a reminder about all the horrific things I am escaping from everytime I log into the game or walk by the bridge.

    When I first saw it yesterday - I had a bad feeling in the back of my heart - as in 'oh great' the real world has crept in.

    Why not add terrorist bombings? and airships crashing to the ground???

    I don't want to be reminded about real life when I am playing in a fantasy world. I just want to not be in real life.

    Let the flaming begin... but I have spoken what I feel.

    Plus if the entire patch was about this (which it seems to have been) - no comment.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 04-30-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    Would you care to clarify this a bit? We are to show support for this fund by BUYING this ribbon in game for about $1. Are those proceeds going to the charity or is Turbine making money off of this "effort" under the disguise of charity?
    Why don't you try the link before you come unglued.

    To raise awareness for The One Fund, the DDO team has created The One Fund Memorial Ribbon which is available for a limited time in the DDO Store. Players can enter the coupon code ‘Boston’ to receive up to ten free ribbons per account to show their solidarity with the victims of the Boston Marathon.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Even though I applaud your involvement in community activism I play this game to get away from the real world
    Maybe, but... it's a creative effort, at some level, and that means it's gonna reflect the lives of the creators, and the things that are important to them.

    I just don't see the problem with Turbine being human.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

  11. #11
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,837

    Default

    Just to assist those who don't want to click the link, if you use the coupon code BOSTON you can get this ribbon for free, 10/Account.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  12. #12
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere on the waters of this planet.
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Maybe, but... it's a creative effort, at some level, and that means it's gonna reflect the lives of the creators, and the things that are important to them.

    I just don't see the problem with Turbine being human.
    because you drive those who don't want to be reminded about reality away from game.

    because now you have opened the flood gates for lawsuits (why this one, and not that one)

    because it is discriminatory - where is the memorial for the texas fertilizer explosion town? where how many more died?

    Turbine is not human. It is a entity - without a soul, just there for profit (fact). The employee's of Turbine are the ones that are human and have souls. I have no issues with Humans being Human - just not in the place I go to escape humanity.

    I applaud their sense of civic duty just keep it out of our fantasy world.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Between Tick and Tock
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just to assist those who don't want to click the link, if you use the coupon code BOSTON you can get this ribbon for free, 10/Account.
    Did you read the posts before you deleted them?

    That only works for someone IN THIS THREAD

    Why aren't the just on sale for 1TP?

    Why isn't the coupon code advertised in the store & on the loading splash screen?

    If you keep the code buried one can only assume you don't want the majority of the population, who never come to the forums, to find it.

    Classy, very classy.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just to assist those who don't want to click the link, if you use the coupon code BOSTON you can get this ribbon for free, 10/Account.
    But what about those that DON'T use the coupon? Is the equivalent of 100 TP (about 1$) given to charity? It seems like you guys would've mentioned it if it was... and if it's not, that's kinda depressing...

  15. #15
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_ View Post
    Did you read the posts before you deleted them?

    That only works for someone IN THIS THREAD

    Why aren't the just on sale for 1TP?

    Why isn't the coupon code advertised in the store & on the loading splash screen?

    If you keep the code buried one can only assume you don't want the majority of the population, who never come to the forums, to find it.

    Classy, very classy.
    We clearly make the code available through numerous channels, although I'd be happy to also add it to the launcher. The item is not on sale for 1 TP due to historical precedence in which putting something on sale for that amount has caused technical issues with the DDO Store. We want people to use the free coupons, which is why we have worked extensively to get the coupon code out to the public. Feel free to assist us by spreading the word of it to your friends and guildies as well.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Between Tick and Tock
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Cordovan, sorry, I tried to edit out my message above since it is something you clearly don't want to talk about but the edit button just sat their spinning until it timed out...twice :S

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    If its a technical limitation of the store ( not offering them free), what about putting the coupon in the ribbons description in the store?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We clearly make the code available through numerous channels, although I'd be happy to also add it to the launcher. The item is not on sale for 1 TP due to historical precedence in which putting something on sale for that amount has caused technical issues with the DDO Store. We want people to use the free coupons, which is why we have worked extensively to get the coupon code out to the public. Feel free to assist us by spreading the word of it to your friends and guildies as well.
    But where did my 100 TP go?
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Between Tick and Tock
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We clearly make the code available through numerous channels, although I'd be happy to also add it to the launcher. The item is not on sale for 1 TP due to historical precedence in which putting something on sale for that amount has caused technical issues with the DDO Store. We want people to use the free coupons, which is why we have worked extensively to get the coupon code out to the public. Feel free to assist us by spreading the word of it to your friends and guildies as well.
    I remember the 1TP issue... (although I thought it was 0 TP), but you could have used whatever your lower limit in the store is. Or put it in for 100TP with a 99% sale. As it stands, this creates an unfortunate possibility of Turbine (apparently unintentionally from your comments) profiting on the bombing.

    I'm sorry I reacted so strongly but I have seen too many companies taking advantage of things like this to increase their bottom line while pretending to be good corporate citizens and that's how things come off with the current pricing, at least to me :S

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Between Tick and Tock
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    But where did my 100 TP go?
    And there is an example of $1 Turbine made off the bombing.

    See my point Jerry?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload