So I'm not sure what to make of it and why it is happening to some and not to others. I'm just trying to find out what it could be I guess. I took a couple of screenshots and at the point when it is fine, awesomium.dll is not using any CPU. But when problem occurs every 6 seconds, the dndclient.exe CPU usage drops greatly and awesomium.dll appears to come up and use anywhere from about 50% to 90% CPU usage at the 6 second intervals.
I just tested this again now and while Process Explorer was up, I selected awesomium.dll that is consuming the CPU usage and "killed" it and the freezing and stuttering in game disappeared from what I can tell. Although the game felt choppy somewhat, the game itself no longer stutter nor froze every 6 seconds for me personally.