Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Oh JJ spotted something else odd too recently, on home page of the forum the link to login has vanished and only re-appears if I go to a thread or forum section the same also applies once logged in. My Account and Log Out are not visible on the home page.

I am wondering if it's a problem my end but not really sure.

Stoner81.

What size monitor are you working with and which browser? The only style change I have applied to that section is to adjust the width to make it "full screen", but I can test that at a different resolution and see if that's somehow forcing it to wrap or somehow not be on screen.

-JJ

Running 1920x1080 and using the lastest version of Firefox.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Unhappy Not Secure??

When I try to access the DDO login screen via Firefox, it tells me it can't confirm the connection. It says the site is using an invalid certificate.

It works fine in IE.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

not a necro, i just learned of this style fix for the forum.
    a thank you bump so that others dont have to wait for turbine to fix it or hell to freeze over, which ever comes first

thank you,thank you,thank you.
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

JJ, since this was bumped I've run across a few obscure color issues you could add to the style, depending on your level of OCD. Mine is (clearly) pretty high. hehheh.

1) Between the thread title and the first post there's a menu of choices: "Thread Tools, Search Thread, Rate this Thread, Display." When you dropdown either Thread Tools or Display, the highlighted option is black on black. (Otherwise they're fine and easily usable even with the black on black.) I notice the black on black when choosing Thread Tools => Subscribe to this thread.

2) When you click on a poster's name in a thread it brings up a menu of choices: "View Profile, Private Messages, Add as Contact, View Forum Posts." Same deal as #1; it looks fine, but the highlighted option when you roll your mouse over them is black on black.

3) When you go to Edit Profile (Forum Actions => Edit Profile; forum actions is in the same menu as "New Posts") the date of birth dropdowns (month and day) are black on dark gray, as is the Biography textbox lower down.

4) Once in Edit Profile, along the left under the My Settings section the options for Edit Avatar and Profile Privacy also have black on dark gray dropdowns. These would likely be auto-fixed by the fix for #3, I'm guessing.

5) From there, beneath My Settings there's My Account => General Settings has a handful of those same black on darkgray dropdowns.

None of these matter at all, and it's fine to keep them as they are. Just an FYI if you didn't know about them.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

*Bump*

Even after the latest round of forum changes it still looks much better using these styles.

thanks ..big time

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Thank you JJ for making this great fix to Turbine's forums. They're much more pleasant to browse.

Also, extra bonus kudos for making a fix that doesn't require me to be logged in to the Forums to actually use.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Just wanted to give this a bump because I had a heck of a time finding it again. Turbine your forum search still isn't what it used to be.

Even with the changes they have made this style still works better on the new forums. I highly recommend it.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I began working on a stylebot CSS replacement to "improve" the forums. Also, have the stylish version of it for firefox and opera.

http://stylebot.me/styles/2384

http://userstyles.org/styles/86810/d...s?r=1367334774

Included changes for the class (and other subforums), quoted replies and forum with basic styling - not perfect, by any means, but it made it more bearable for me

Just wanted to say thank you!

Works very nicely. Much better looks than the "new & improved" style of the DDO forums.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Did anyone ever made an IE forum fix?
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    I haven't seen one yet and hope one is made. I am glad everyone is affected by the issue. Choosing mobile forum settings is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    Yes, about 6 years ago. It's called Chrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    You waited until 6 years ago to stop using ie? You poor poor soul. I haven't used it, when I had a choice, since around 1998.

Well, I started with Mozilla/Netscape and saw it thru most of its faces. I gave Moz's Firefox a really fair trial for a couple years, but was never very satisfied. I was super hopeful when news of Chrome started down the pipe, but original Chrome was awful and so un-secure that I stayed away until version 10 when they got their security issues under control. Nowadays, Chrome is by far my favorite browser, particularly because of it's efficient use of screen realestate and massive extension/add-on library.

edit: I've used Opera and Safari too, as well as a half dozen linux offerings whose names I'll never remember, but they were too alien for me to adapt to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

I'm using Firefox with the stylesheet from http://userstyles.org/styles/86810/d...s?r=1367334774

When I do a search, the search results come back with the results looking highlighted in a grey that is nearly the same colour as the text. Is there something wrong on my end?

Edit:
    It seems to be when I click on a profile name and look for posts of a user. And later, if I try to "manage attachments" the buttons are unreadable.

Last edited by Phaeton_Seraph; 02-10-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Okay, is it just me or did something change?

I'm using the stylebot change thing and have been since the forums were 'altered', but today when I came onto the site it's all weird and grey and I have to highlight everything to read it.

I checked recent posts and nothing showing anyone else having problems. If anyone could clue me in on what went wrong and how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: nm. It seems to have sorted itself out after I closed FF and started a new session. That was truly awful and scary though. I've had the stylebot changes since JJ brought them out and going to the terrible underneath side of the forums is no fun. x/
    Last edited by Psiandron; 04-24-2014 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    The forums are teh awesomeness in NCSA Mosaic 1.0:

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/

(it is amazing that this even works at all, that is a 21 year old binary built for windows 3.1, prior to the development of ssl (thus the requirement to connect to the http:// url, which does not redirect and the ddo.com webserver actually sends the non-ssl content to the browser) - that is some serious backward compatibility.)

Or maybe you prefer LYNX?:

http://lynx.isc.org/
    http://invisible-island.net/lynx/#installers

Last edited by Knobull; 04-24-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    Okay, is it just me or did something change?

I'm using the stylebot change thing and have been since the forums were 'altered', but today when I came onto the site it's all weird and grey and I have to highlight everything to read it.

I checked recent posts and nothing showing anyone else having problems. If anyone could clue me in on what went wrong and how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: nm. It seems to have sorted itself out after I closed FF and started a new session. That was truly awful and scary though. I've had the stylebot changes since JJ brought them out and going to the terrible underneath side of the forums is no fun. x/
    I've also been using JJ's stylebot since he first posted it. My FF didn't have any issues today, still working great, but I did just now hop into IE to check out the default forum style.

It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still very, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Knobull View Post
    The forums are teh awesomeness in NCSA Mosaic 1.0:

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/

(it is amazing that this even works at all, that is a 21 year old binary built for windows 3.1, prior to the development of ssl (thus the requirement to connect to the http:// url, which does not redirect and the ddo.com webserver actually sends the non-ssl content to the browser) - that is some serious backward compatibility.)

Or maybe you prefer LYNX?:

http://lynx.isc.org/
    http://invisible-island.net/lynx/#installers

That is awesome, was not expecting to see that!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567